I need a good Rhyming software...

Rhymezone's near rhymes are woefully inaccurate compared to Rhyme Genie's intelligent rhyme algorithms. I also find Rhyme Genie's integrated thesaurus extremely useful which can find syllable matching synonyms. There is also has a dedicated songwriter's rhyme reference with over over 50,000 song titles. It's the best of the breed. After all the thread began with:

"Anyone know if there is an pro industry standard rhyming software out there for songwriting.The online resources I know (ryhmezone and write-express, etc) are pretty crap..."

…yes there is: Rhyme Genie - The Ultimate Rhyming Dictionary

Last edited:
i use brainzone, it upgrades every time i use it.

Comparing the human brain with a software like Rhyme Genie is meaningless unless your brain can memorize over 10 million phonetic references and find over 30 different rhymes types in split seconds.

Don't get caught up in the 'too cool for rhyme school' hype. All major rappers have used rhyming dictionaries at one point or another. Some use them more frequently then others.

the brains faster it constructs not memorizes. When your feeling "in the flow" and creative, nothing worse than having to search through a rhyme software. A lot of disadvantages, if you can't see them have fun at the bottom.

Last edited:
the brains faster it constructs not memorizes. When your feeling "in the flow" and creative, nothing worse than having to search through a rhyme software. A lot of disadvantages, if you can't see them have fun at the bottom.

A rhyming dictionary's main purpose is to inspire you whenever you are not 'in the flow' and to feed your brain rhymes on a regular basis so it can construct lyrics faster.

Of course you can do it old school and write down a bunch of rhymes on a piece of paper to practice your rhyming skills if you suffer from rhyme dictionary phobia. Do whatever works for you.

Last edited:
Honestly, why pay for a rhyme software? I built Freestyl.in and its great for searching up multis. And its totally free! Check it out and let me know what you think!

Cant say I believe much in "rhyming tools". You'll put together a better rhyme learning your words from actually reading and speaking. Better than a line full of crap that ends with a word that happens to fit and rhyme.

Well the line of crap is up to you anyways. The actual rhyming word can come from whatever; your head, a rhyming dictionary from 1952 or from a modern dictionary either by software or the internetZ.
Using a rhyming tool - whatever type - does not save you from writing good lyrics. It´s still hard work. A talented writer will never send a crappy sentence out the door, he will strive to make it good.

dude just speak from your heart as corny as that sounds. but songs don't have to rhyme. you just have to have rhythm and certain emphasis on words idk

Last edited:
hahahah dude just speak from your heart as corny as that sounds. but songs don't have to rhyme. you just have to have rhythm and certain emphasis on words hehe idk

'hahahah' - 'hehe' ??? I realize that little kids find clowns amusing because they are too immature to see what hides behind the mask. I certainly have to agree with Heyclown: 'The line of crap is up to you anyways' and 'Rhyme Genie is brilliant and cheap'. Of course that is only of interest to you if you 'need a good rhyming software…' and doesn't matter at all if your lyrics don't rhyme in the first place.

Last edited:
wtf are you talking about lol i'm not even replying to heyclown
i'm talking to the person who asked the question?
i'm giving feedback and i said exactly what you said; " songs don't have to rhyme. you just have to have rhythm and certain emphasis on words". hence you don't need a rhyming software.
but nice line " little kids find clowns amusing because they are too immature to see what hides behind the mask" you are such a talented lyricist. did you get that from rhyme genie? bravo. /sarcasm

Last edited:
You are giving the person who asked the question 'I need a good rhyming software' feedback by laughing at him and telling him to write lyrics that do not rhyme? How is that helpful?

But you must have realized that yourself since you have edited your original post to take out the condescending laughter. Certainly the right move...but why follow up by trying to ridicule my reply?

Last edited:
Ummm you're condescending me by implying that i'm a little kid who is immature.. and that is why im ridiculing your reply :-)
I had to take the laughter out because people like YOU take it out of context. I'm not laughing at the dude
i'm just laughing? Does it bother you?
well... hahahhahahahahaha

And again wtf are you talking about. You yourself said "doesn't matter at all if your lyrics don't rhyme in the first place." and now you're saying that doesn't help? lol you just contridicted yourself .

What I said is helpful because you don't want to waste money or time trying to find a software. You can just write from the soul like every other artist. I'm not even telling him to write lyrics that don't rhyme? YOU are. read properly. I said they don't HAVE to rhyme. You can make lyrics flow if you have certain emphasis on words. Jeez ignorant people these days lol

Last edited:
I should have added '/sarcasm' at the end of the last sentence of make myself clear. It's certainly a good example of how easy it is to be misunderstood.

Let's move on…both of our posts could have been better. If I had known that your laughter was not meant to be condescending I would have never posted a reply in the first place. After all your opinion is as valid as any other and I can certainly respect it.

What I said is helpful because you don't want to waste money or time trying to find a software.
Yes he does, that IS his point as he is saying I need a good rhyming software
You can chime in and claim the he does not need it or want it, but being helpful here would be to lead him to some of the industry standards, which was what he was asking for.
I take it for granted that he already had considered how to write without rhyming software. Most probably he has for some time.

/thread

Back