I need a good Rhyming software...

Read a book. Converse with people. Listen to music. Broaden your vocab. That's some lazy sh!t. SMH

@JDAMM Who would've thought that a person asking such a simple question would be such a Hot Topic. I don't know of any software and didn't even know that rhyming software existed, lol. It seems like you know the tools that are available to you. What, specifically, is limiting your ability?

@fateltone You have the best ghost writer in the world : )

This is one funny topic.. Seriously though this why people who didn't got to school should of went to school.

Awesome Songwriting Software

:hello: If you really take your rap seriously, and actually want to write awesome songs I think you should try the MasterWriter software. It's an awesome program that allows you to write your lyrics, find rhyming phrases, has a built in dictionary and thesaurus, you can save it, attach lead sheets, attach the mp3 and everything you could possibly think of.

This seems like a powerful tool for song writers that need to come up with songs fast or for songwriters that work with deadlines. I've noticed that a lot of people feel using rhyming software is cheating the or something. Oh well people, get over it and get with the program. If I call a song writer to the studio to write for my friends, they'd better be able to get the job done fast without sacrificing lyrical integrity or melodic quality. Egos get checked when it comes to my projects and weak links are removed. If you want to make money in this business then you'd better learn too use whatever tools are available to you. BTW, I've heard the music of some the some of you guy's that have left sarcastic remarks regards Songwriting software.....I think that you're the ones that need rhyming software the most.

Last edited:

This seems like a powerful tool for song writers that need to come up with songs fast or for songwriters that work with deadlines. I've noticed that a lot of people feel using rhyming software is cheating the or something. Oh well people, get over it and get with the program. If I call a song writer to the studio to write for my friends, they'd better be able to get the job done fast without sacrificing lyrical integrity or melodic quality. Egos get checked when it comes to my projects and weak links are removed. If you want to make money in this business then you'd better learn too use whatever tools are available to you. BTW, I've heard the music of some the some of you guy's that have left sarcastic remarks regards Songwriting software.....I think that you're the ones that need rhyming software the most.

I think it's a great tool for someone writing RnB...pop.. etc..
but for hip hop a simple ryhming dictionary is fine...

It appears that the software is a rhyming dictionary as well. I believe that this software is a great tool for ALL songwriters no matter what genre. A simply dictionary or no dictionary, for that matter, has gotten hip hop this far. But software like this adds to the skill, ability, and productivity of any writer that uses it. Just as the audio engineering transition from analog to digital is still tough for some audio engineers to accept, I suppose song writing software is as well. Either way, products like this have my full support and I won't knock any songwriter that uses it; including rappers and hip hop lyricist.

I know what you mean. I am an awesome songwriter, but I use the program. The truth of the matter is that it's a wonderful tool. I don't think using software is cheating, it's actually helpful and expedites the process for those who want to get done fast.

I didn't know there was software for that. That's badass. Its not the software of the man that matters, but the man of the software.

Yeah this Master Writer program seems really powerful. I'm impressed with the near rhyme function. But there's three things it seems to lack. First, it can't rhyme phrases, such as "had a plan" "add the can". Second, it looks like there is plenty of Pop culture words, but it never showed a reference for slang. Third, it doesn't seem like it takes into account the multiple phonetic pronunciations of the same words. Depending on your accent, you can make some words rhyme that people with different accents can't make rhyme.

It would be cool if they'd incorporate those three things I mentioned above. Nevertheless, this does seem like a great tool.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also, it doesn't look like it has double-rhyme, triple rhyme, quadruple rhyme, etc.... features.... It only finds rhymes for the last syllable of the word. Still, it can come in handy. But a good lyricist wouldn't rely on this much at all.

The best rhyming software available is your brain. The problem with the dictionary's and websites is that they only give you near perfect matches. Don't get it twisted, I use rhyming dictionary's when I exhaust all my know words that rhyme together. However, there are alot of different words you can rhyme together by pronouncing the word differently, and no software will ever compare to the creativity of the human mind when it comes to rhyme. Almost every rapper on the radio does this. Real talk though, to be a sick lyricist you have to train yourself to only think in rhyme, until it becomes something you cant turn off. Then once you do this, you gotta find inspiration for your rhymes, most people use drugs, but anything can inspire anyone to write anything, so you start to appreciate every little nuance in life, and everything gets treated as a lesson. Just what I've learned from over 10 years of writing rap/poetry/songs etc...

Did you even take a look at the software that's been brought up in this discussion? The brains is only as good as the person(s) that utilize and inform it. I would recommend rhyming software to anyone who is serious about their lyrical training, because it help make you the best. It take more lyrics be a great artist, real talk.

Did you even take a look at the software that's been brought up in this discussion? The brains is only as good as the person(s) that utilize and inform it. I would recommend rhyming software to anyone who is serious about their lyrical training, because it help make you the best. It take more lyrics be a great artist, real talk.

I didn't look at the software, I'll check it out. I agree about needing as many lyrics as possible. I guess if it trains you to be more lyrical then that's a good thing. I was just saying that your brain should be where the lyrics come from, so if this helps you to structure your brain lyrically then that's cool. Your lyrics should come from you, your own self. Dictionary.com defines lyric, when used as an adjective, as "Expressing the writer's emotions, usually briefly and in stanzas." Machines and code can't feel, so how can they express emotion? Also, lyricism is an art, and as such, should come from the human experience. Like I said, if it helps you to become a lyricist, then great, but I think if you are starting out, then you would start to rely on the software, instead of your brain. To me it's like people who use autotune and say they are singers. I use autotune and love what it adds to the voice, but I don't claim to be a singer and I know that I can't sing that well, I'm just a rapper who likes autotuned hooks.

Back