Got fired from my 6 figure job yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell they fire you, man? That's ****ed up but at least your happy and ready to keep it moving!

Honest work for honest pay..?
Pssssshh...
Slave.

Why do honest work? The only slaves are those that put in extra work for a small salary. The people that come to work early with a smile and leave late with a smile are the fools. Just watch Spongebob Squarepants. LMAO!

Spongebob is a slave because he chooses to be. Squidward slacks off and is not even expected to do anything more than he does. Spongebob and Squidward probably make the same amount of money. Those are the people that make things rough for everyone else.

Doing as little as possible for as much money as you can get = Success.

Smarten up while eat this burger!

I used to cook burgers all the time when I was in high school. Big thick burgers too.

I used to add a raw egg to burger meat in a bowl and throw in good spices and mix it up. I would peel and hand cut potatoes and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Those potatoes used to be thick and crunchy.

A nice burger with cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, slightly cooked onions, and mayo was awesome. Those were the good old days.

The weird thing is that I never ate frozen potatoes at home. I also didn't put lettuce or tomatoes on burgers either.

J Troup will be alright. He will figure things out. But I am not quitting my job.

I am going to work tomorrow. I will not have a smile on my face. I will not enjoy my work. I will not be happy. But I will get by. Why? Because I know that every two weeks I get a paycheck. That isn't slavery. That is reality.

I know that I will be able to pay for my rent, utilities, phone bill, cable bill, car note and all of the other fun adult responsibilities. I know exactly how much will be deposited into my account. And I will have my Five Guys/Bagger Dave's/Smashburger/Jack Daniel's Burger money ready.

I get paid every week
since I have two jobs
and my side hustle which is Ebay
I actually have fun at my main job just make jokes all day while getting food together I been dancing and singing..but yeah working with food you're on your feet all day(that's the worse part)
and
my part-time job is super cool I work as a off site catering chef for a high-class grocery store(I mean super high class) I drive their catering van to a city just outside of Omaha
serve some food
and sit on my butt watching youtube videos while I wait for someone else to come and buy the food I made..most of it is ready for me I might have to cook one or two things
Dinner catering there is super easy

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:

I am going to work tomorrow. I will not have a smile on my face. I will not enjoy my work. I will not be happy. But I will get by. Why? Because I know that every two weeks I get a paycheck. That isn't slavery. That is reality.

I know that I will be able to pay for my rent, utilities, phone bill, cable bill, car note and all of the other fun adult responsibilities. I know exactly how much will be deposited into my account. And I will have my Five Guys/Bagger Dave's/Smashburger/Jack Daniel's Burger money ready.

Good for you............

And six months from now............I will be sitting on my ass watching T.V or whatever......while my felon employees who can't find a job make some legal money that pays more money than an average job.....and they will enjoy it.....and they will run their own business as well if they can save their money right. THen I will have to work til I find a replacement......no sweat though...because I love the job. :cheers:

I actually had an Eddie Murphy burger and chips today.

Just like that.

86k + private teaching making it closer to $100k - roughly $6500 a month take home + superannuation @ 9% of salary - until you get laid off.

reinventing yourself can take time and a lot of money

always good to have a few different ventures on the fly

always nice to make the money doing something you love rather than something you just do

word to troup on his skills - not easy to acquire and maintain - even though Linux is a very stable OS, it is still being upgraded all the time and staying on top of changes and applications can take a lot of time and energy

Did I mention that I have also been a Windows Admin, Unix Admin (HPUX, Sun, AIX), not to mention Data Backups, SAN and Networking experience, etc, etc.

Former company downsized...I had this most recent job the day that they announced layoffs.

My resume is stellar. I ain't worried about that in the least.

Linux has actually been the most enjoyable OS that I've worked with. Most mature organizations use Redhat, which has great support. It's all about the support.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

what did troup do to get fired though???
and how are you getting unemployment after getting fired???
to collect unemployment, u usually have to be layed off, u cant be fired.

Varies from state to state.

And we didn't see eye to eye on some shit.

Crazy thing is, the dude who led the investigation, is fcuking the chick who started making trouble for me in the first place.

And the guy who fired me, is the guy who ran the office at my LAST JOB!!

I love shark tank. But my competitive advantage is in a methodology. A new way of thinking. So that's of no value to them.

I'm actually working on a proprietary product to license, that'll be the heart of my operation, and also, my intellectual property.

Nobody is gonna invest in great ideas. They will invest in a great product.

I remember when I was in the Army and everybody was afraid to get out. I told them I was getting out and they all said the same thing "What are you going to do?!?'...

I told them "Not this..."

This older guy and I were sitting on a hillside one day and he said "Look at that guy right there, look at his wife and kids, look at his car..." The guy he told me to look at had about 15 years in. The guy said "I'm getting out because I don't want to be him... you're going to be him if you stay in". I told him "No, I'm not..." then he said ""Look at that other guy right there, look at his wife and kids, look at his car... they're the same rank... don't they look the same?" then I was on fire to get out!

Being afraid to live can hold you back from greater things sometimes. Some people like to feel safe but they'll never be on Shark Tank although they will probably feel like they're in one from time to time. They laid off an entire department the other week with no warning. I asked one lady if they had heard any rumors beforehand and she said "No... they just called us in a room and told us our jobs were leaving...". She got busy on our intranet and landed a job the same day. You just have to know yourself I guess and know how to pool resources.

Troup will be aight.

Last edited:
I do know a few people that have been out of work for a long time though. It starts to mess with them after awhile.

A lot of recruiters are going to LinkedIn now. A lot more than they used to.

There are more resources / job sites than ever before. I remember the days of looking in the Sunday paper with a yellow highlighter, lol.

A guy here gave a job workshop and said that this company gets 9,000 resumes a day. They opened one position in my department and there were 897 applicants for one job. Everybody they've been hiring has been right around age 25 and they start them out at the lowest level... they fired all of the people that had been around for awhile that were making a lot of money. We also went from about 140 people down to 85 - same amount of work though.

Crazy times.

this is the unsustainability equation - economists and time-motion experts believe that we can continue to squeeze 2.5% productivity improvements from an ever-shrinking workforce - i.e. pay the same amount of money or less for improved performance by less and less experienced workers

Amuses me no end to read statements by governments and other organisations who swear by such a creed when it is patently obvious that there will be a point beyond which no further improvements can be made without causing serious illness or injury to individual workers

- i.e. they insist that pay rises are tied directly to improvements in individual performance within the workplace, without specifying how they will be achieved

- i.e. line managers make the call and to most the only answer is to sack someone so that they are spending less money on wages/salary whilst producing the same amount of product/service.

All the while the people right at the top give themselves big bonuses and increases in the range of 15%-20% simply for making the decision to force someone else to cut costs - i.e. the cost cuts are rolled over into their salary and performance packages

Anyone interested in this stuff should read up on how paper pusher managed to burn down a big part of NYC in the late 70's

Why the Bronx burned | New York Post

this is the unsustainability equation - economists and time-motion experts believe that we can continue to squeeze 2.5% productivity improvements from an ever-shrinking workforce - i.e. pay the same amount of money or less for improved performance by less and less experienced workers

Amuses me no end to read statements by governments and other organisations who swear by such a creed when it is patently obvious that there will be a point beyond which no further improvements can be made without causing serious illness or injury to individual workers

- i.e. they insist that pay rises are tied directly to improvements in individual performance within the workplace, without specifying how they will be achieved

- i.e. line managers make the call and to most the only answer is to sack someone so that they are spending less money on wages/salary whilst producing the same amount of product/service.

All the while the people right at the top give themselves big bonuses and increases in the range of 15%-20% simply for making the decision to force someone else to cut costs - i.e. the cost cuts are rolled over into their salary and performance packages

These young people don't believe in staying in their positions long either. They average about 1 -2 years here and they leave for something else within the company. They bounce around all over the place. They had me train this intern one week, he would fall asleep while I was talking, lol. They hired him and rolled out the red carpet for him. He stayed 6 months and left. He took another position and left that one too... then he left the entire company and went back to college life...

Most of the young workers are pretty sharp though, they embrace technology. The older workers that they laid off had a hard time with system upgrades and following the IT department when they would hold meetings.

They don't talk much though... some of them sit in my area but will email me rather than spin their chair around to ask me a question, lol. Weird. Our boss will ask them questions in our staff meetings and they'll just stare at her without saying anything and if she cracks a joke they laugh extra hard...

I don't understand 'em.

"9 to 5 is how to survive, I ain't tryna survive, I'm tryna live it to the limit and love it a lot."

Thing is...these jobs don't love you.

Piss em off, and they'll fire your ass, and hire another one that look just like you.

Never forget that. Do what's best for YOUR CAREER and YOUR LIFE.

Fcuk that company.

Last edited:
I love shark tank. But my competitive advantage is in a methodology. A new way of thinking. So that's of no value to them.

I'm actually working on a proprietary product to license, that'll be the heart of my operation, and also, my intellectual property.

Nobody is gonna invest in great ideas. They will invest in a great business model.

I had to fix that for you but what you said is what my team is doing and what I've shed insight on in a couple of past posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back