Got fired from my 6 figure job yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys have ever thought about the fact that these dudes with no education who made a lot of money are exceptions to the rule?

dang if ppl weren't about venturing out and starting businesses you won't have that epic food
by the way now I have to go and try this place out...drove by it tons of times and haven't stop in

Five Guys has been a Washington, DC area favorite since 1986 when Jerry and Janie Murrell offered sage advice to the four young Murrell brothers: "Start a business or go to college."The business route won and the Murrell family opened a carry-out burger joint in Arlington, Virginia.

Under the guidance of Jerry and Janie, the Murrell family served only hand-formed burgers cooked to perfection on a grill along with fresh-cut fries cooked in pure peanut oil. The little burger joint quickly developed a cult-like following. Press paid attention. Customers voted the burger"#1" in the metro area.

During the 1980's and 1990's the Murrell family perfected their simple system. Five Guys was The Place to get a fresh, juicy burger with all the toppings you could stuff between fresh-baked buns. A fifth brother was born and, as their family grew, so did their business. Four more restaurants with sit-down seating were added to accommodate the growing clientele.

Early in 2003 Jerry and Janie, together with the five"guys" began offering franchise opportunities. In just under 18 months, Five Guys Enterprises sold options for over 300 units. The overwhelming success of franchising a local restaurant made national news with articles in trade publications such as Nation's Restaurant News, Restaurant Business Magazine, and the Franchise Times.

-Coach Antonio

Have you guys have ever thought about the fact that these dudes with no education who made a lot of money are exceptions to the rule?

I definitely wouldn't call them exceptions.....not at all........I would say they did something right at the right place at the right time. YOU CAN'T DO SHIT IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!! You keep throwing the basketball from half court you will eventually hit. The problem......dudes be "kicking" the ball from half court.....bouncing it off their head from half court.....shit like that.

Mean got damn man......it's 24 hours in a day..........sleep 5 to 8 hours.......16 hours going to somebody else. The weekend ain't even yours......your woman or friends get that. That smoking session is very important to you..forget a business....getting high and talking about the illuminati is important....it's fun...we will do this again tomorrow.....cause I'm Smoke Dog...remember that shit!! But it all started down hill for your business mind your senior year in high school. Wanted to take her to the prom. Wanted to spend the rest of your life with her. Then you wanted to be grown....got you an apartment....STRUGGLING LIKE A MUG.......she come over free of charge. She take all of your money now........so now you have to pimp her daddy just to pay rent. Because you had to have a PS3 and internet and gadgets.....bills, bills, bills at a young age. You can't go to your momma or daddy.....because you walked out and slammed the door like fuuck yall...don't tell me what to do I'm not a kid any more. And they enjoy you begging pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase........and you slam their door again....they were going to give it to you.....but you couldn't put up with their shit. lol!

Yall young man. Be smart! If you have a "business in mind" don't fuuck it up thinking you grown and shit. Bcause you ain't nothing but a youngin thinking you grown. Let your parents play a role in your life and let them say whatever. It may burn you up....but life gone burn a hole in your ASSSSSS. Make shit easy on you. That grown shit is what FUUCKED UP A LOT OF PEOPLE being young. And your nothing ass friends. You wanting to be accepted for some shit.

24 hours in a "DAY"......what are you really doing? That's why you can't be an exception.

dang if ppl weren't about venturing out and starting businesses you won't have that epic food
by the way now I have to go and try this place out...drove by it tons of times and haven't stop in

Yeah, give it a try. A good burger is always a good thing. I still need to hit up Bagger Dave's. The burger and beer combo is right up my alley.

All that matters are skills.

If you have the right skills, you will be able to provide them for some monetary exchange. Usually, the better the skills, the more money you get.

You don't have to work no job, you don't need no education. Do something you like! Are you into planning? Work on your scheming skills, take courses, learn from the best schemers. Get some people together and plan a heist. You're good at talking people ear's off? Go into real estate. I know a dude, dropped out of high school, no education, huge prick. But he can talk, I'm telling you, that mother****er can talk. He now lives in a beach front mansion and owns a Rolls Royce. All he has is his mouth, no degree, not even money when he started off, but the chatter got him the cheddar!

We all got inclinations, follow them, develop them. And sell them. Good social skills? Become a cult leader. Good negotiation skills? Become a CEO. Its as easy as that.

I know dudes man...good at planning, being creative, they sit in front of they PC in a dark room, talk on the phone while playing GTA, they pull international shit, racking in 500k here, 750k there...You talk to them and a whole nother world opens. Like seeing a sci fi movie as a kid, all of a sudden the world seems more magical, more open, full of possibilities.

You need to stop seeing walls and rules to this shit. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

6 Figure? DAMN! Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Be free troup, be free!

lol.

Do your thing man, everyone has the right to go out and live to their full potential, too bad not many see that.

what did troup do to get fired though???
and how are you getting unemployment after getting fired???
to collect unemployment, u usually have to be layed off, u cant be fired.

All of these "I know a guy that quit school and now makes a million dollars a year" stories do not matter if you are not that guy.

I am not that guy, but I am getting me a burger and a beer. I can be that "I had a hot and juicy burger and washed it down with two tall ones" guy without some ridiculous story about another person. I would rather hear a realistic story like that. The "pie-in-the-sky" stuff is not reality for most people.

Live the dream today!

grand-rapids-tap-welcome-bagger-dave-s.jpg

Last edited:
Well the burger is not reality for the homeless dude either.. does not mean he doesn't have to strive to get his Prime rib burger piece.. Maybe he just has to try and he will get that burger AND a premium Asahi beer. But maybe he is lazy... or he is all dreams and no action.. procrastination.

Anyway, that bagger dave burger looks disgusting.. yuck.. lemme get some shake shack.

Last edited:
All of these "I know a guy that quit school and now makes a million dollars a year" stories do not matter if you are not that guy.

I am not that guy, but I am getting me a burger and a beer. I can be that "I had a hot and juicy burger and washed it down with two tall ones" guy without some ridiculous story about another person. I would rather hear a realistic story like that. The "pie-in-the-sky" stuff is not reality for most people.

Live the dream today!

grand-rapids-tap-welcome-bagger-dave-s.jpg

no Bagger Dave here in Omaha

but a homemade burger I can make them like that
I am a Chef...lol
and wash it down with this my family doesn't drink pop unless we go out to eat
Clear-American-Review-Medium.jpg

I buy about $60 worth of carbonated flavored water a month
and carbonated Tea as well

my ebay store is helping out alot just sold a doll from the 80's for $15.00 paid about $1 for it
I praise Yahweh I'm not homeless I could easily be
I say Yes I will praise

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
no Bagger Dave here

but a homemade burger I can make them like that
I am a Chef...lol
and wash it down with this my family doesn't drink pop unless we go out to eat
View attachment 40205

I buy about $60 worth of carbonated flavored water a month
and carbonated Tea as well

my ebay store is helping out alot just sold a doll from the 80's for $15.00 paid about $1 for it
I praise Yahweh I'm not homeless I could easily be
I say Yes I will praise

-Coach Antonio

Let me open Fataltone burger and sell you back the franchise.. btw what is your recipe ? lol

Let that boy cook.

Last edited:
Let me open Fataltone burger and sell you back the franchise.. btw what is your recipe ? lol

Let that boy cook.

when the food network be having those shows on burgers man they make you want to head up to Bakers or Krogers depending what state you're in and buy up half of the beef and buns they have lol..

I like to make Philly steaks at home and tater tot casserole yeah I know ol' man and family food but I'm old and I have a family so it's all good in the hood Mister Roger's neighborhood

-Coach Antonio

I used to cook burgers all the time when I was in high school. Big thick burgers too.

I used to add a raw egg to burger meat in a bowl and throw in good spices and mix it up. I would peel and hand cut potatoes and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Those potatoes used to be thick and crunchy.

A nice burger with cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, slightly cooked onions, and mayo was awesome. Those were the good old days.

The weird thing is that I never ate frozen potatoes at home. I also didn't put lettuce or tomatoes on burgers either.

J Troup will be alright. He will figure things out. But I am not quitting my job.

I am going to work tomorrow. I will not have a smile on my face. I will not enjoy my work. I will not be happy. But I will get by. Why? Because I know that every two weeks I get a paycheck. That isn't slavery. That is reality.

I know that I will be able to pay for my rent, utilities, phone bill, cable bill, car note and all of the other fun adult responsibilities. I know exactly how much will be deposited into my account. And I will have my Five Guys/Bagger Dave's/Smashburger/Jack Daniel's Burger money ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back