Getting the most out of Soundclick

WhiteHotPro is kickin some knowledge to those looking to get in the game... much appreciate! Good thread!

WHP, you do your own mastering? Def on point..

Help

ive recently started doing this soundclick thing, got ok beats and like 30ish tracks on my page. I havent leased a single one yet, am i doing something wrong?
Please tell me what you think, my site is
LiLMedicsBeats.com

Last edited:
ive recently started doing this soundclick thing, got ok beats and like 30ish tracks on my page. I havent leased a single one yet, am i doing something wrong?
Please tell me what you think, my site is
LiLMedicsBeats.com

You know Lil Medic, I'm no expert and I don't have a killer site or anything up so This is just my unprofessional opinion for what it's worth.
The site is ok, not super slick slammin like some of these guys but you're getting a fair amount of plays which tells me the over the top flashy stuff isn't necessarily a deal breaker if you have killer material.
Your music is as good as everybody recording wise but I consider it very standard fair that can be found anywhere to my ears.
That may be a part of your problem but definitely not all of it in that you sound just "like" everybody else. Ask yourself who "doesn't" sound like everybody else. The competition as well as the public is becoming a little more sophisticated and demanding more now than just a chord or two and the standard hip hop synth line. You're music is very safely within the box so to speak. Maybe it's time to step out of it. Just my initial thought. The web is chock full of what you're doing. You might need to develop your music a bit more to really compete. If you only copy others sound you'll never be more than what others do. Instead use them as a springboard for your own thing. Originality sells.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You know Lil Medic, I'm no expert and I don't have a killer site or anything up so This is just my unprofessional opinion for what it's worth.
The site is ok, not super slick slammin like some of these guys but you're getting a fair amount of plays which tells me the over the top flashy stuff isn't necessarily a deal breaker if you have killer material.
Your music is as good as everybody recording wise but I consider it very standard fair that can be found anywhere to my ears.
That may be a part of your problem but definitely not all of it in that you sound just "like" everybody else. Ask yourself who "doesn't" sound like everybody else. The competition as well as the public is becoming is becoming a little more sophisticated and demanding more now than just a chord or two and the standard hip hop synth line. You're music is very safely within the box so to speak. Maybe it's time to step out of it. Just my initial thought. The web is chock full of what you're doing. You might need to develop your music a bit more to really compete. If you only copy others sound you'll never be more than what others do. Instead use them as a springboard for your own thing. Originality sells.
Hope this helps.

Nice reply..................

This is a great thread. As a new member of soundclick, i had a lotta questions about what was goin' on. One thing i would like to reiterate is BE ORIGINAL !!! I could spend hours on SC and hear the same five or six chords being played over and over again. I would probably pass out if i heard some raw HIP HOP on that site.
Jah bless
me2

That may be a part of your problem but definitely not all of it in that you sound just "like" everybody else. Ask yourself who "doesn't" sound like everybody else. The competition as well as the public is becoming a little more sophisticated and demanding more now than just a chord or two and the standard hip hop synth line. You're music is very safely within the box so to speak. Maybe it's time to step out of it. Just my initial thought. The web is chock full of what you're doing. You might need to develop your music a bit more to really compete. If you only copy others sound you'll never be more than what others do. Instead use them as a springboard for your own thing. Originality sells.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply :D

my older stuff was alot more original, I changed it to be more like the rest haha I thought thats what the people wanted. (guess not)

Im gunna go back to the old more original me :D

Thanks for your reply again, means a lot.

:D

Matt

Soundclick beats make me wanna shoot myself in the face repeatedly and leave a note in my will asking loved ones to continue shooting me in the face once I'm no longer able to.

Besides that, get your money mane! You don't have to answer this, but it's just outta curiosity...do you make your living off leasing beats or is it a side hustle for you?

i know what you mean no ones original and the engineering on the beats are terrible

Thanks man. Just set up my soundclick need as much help as I can get.
I cant post links on this forum as well since I am fairly new here too.

Please check: PusherbeatsDotCom

need all the advice I can get!
No body is doing this were I am from!

Last edited:
The good old SC days.

The feeling of making money off of beats is incredible (the first time), then it starts to feel like a job, then a business.

To earn some cool money, I suggest you sign up for website that let producers sell beats online like:

www.beatswagger.com

www.mypersonalproducer.com

www.makehitmusic.com

Download Beats Buy Sell Beats Dirty South Hip Hop R&B Music Placement

http://www.givemebeats.net

BudgetBeats.com - Hip hop beats for sale, Buy and sell beats online

Buying Buy Beats | Beats For Sale | Buy Popular Beats

Take advantage of Twitter, Facebook, Myspace.

If you want to build your own beat selling website then check out my sig. Website are really easy to build. I can build them in minutes.

Last edited:
It's been almost 6 years since this thread was started, and I'm curious what you all think of the Soundclick game today.

I feel like the basic business plan of selling beats online is a lot more common knowledge today since people have been making money at this for some time now and we've all found what works and what doesn't... that being said it's still a constant learning process and things change with time.

IMO Soundclick + myflashstore is still an untouchable beat selling tool...Where do you see the game headed into 2014?

Wow. I remember this thread. Since you've woke this thing up I'll share some insight..

Soundclick isn't (for me) what it once was, so I killed my account there a while back. I had an vip account there for a couple of years and made some decent change in the beginning but around the time i pulled the plug sales from that site were way down...

IMO Soundclick (like FL Studio) is a good starting off point but eventually your needs will change and you'll start looking elsewhere to seek the results you desire.

$.02

:cheers:

Wow. I remember this thread. Since you've woke this thing up I'll share some insight..

Soundclick isn't (for me) what it once was, so I killed my account there a while back. I had an vip account there for a couple of years and made some decent change in the beginning but around the time i pulled the plug sales from that site were way down...

IMO Soundclick (like FL Studio) is a good starting off point but eventually your needs will change and you'll start looking elsewhere to seek the results you desire.

$.02

:cheers:

Makes sense, we all grow and move on from things eventually...just curious though - why kill your account? Even if it's only making you 5 cents per year, you're not losing anything by having it up and it's only promoting you?

My last question is (since this is only my first full year of taking my beat selling seriously) what do you do today to sell your beats and how were you able to move on from Soundclick?

Back