Getting the most out of Soundclick

The whole point of this post is my "soundclick" beats are in no way, shape or form an accurate representation of what I'm capable of as a producer.

Don't be excusing your wack beats. NICCA, DEY JUS WACK.

Nah, I'm playing. So if you aren't showcasing your talent on there, do you have another page with snippets of what you can really do? Not full songs, just clips like Troupe's page? It would be interesting to hear "how" you dumb down your music compared to your real sound.

I assume you don't promote your soundclick to labels, etc.

Don't be excusing your wack beats. NICCA, DEY JUS WACK.

Nah, I'm playing. So if you aren't showcasing your talent on there, do you have another page with snippets of what you can really do? Not full songs, just clips like Troupe's page? It would be interesting to hear "how" you dumb down your music compared to your real sound.

I assume you don't promote your soundclick to labels, etc.
This post is fairly old, and things have changed in this respect...

I have a catalog of beats that I feel are too good to dump on Soundclick, but that catalog hasn't grown for months... my focus has shifted from getting "placements" to other things. 99% of the beats I make now are for Soundclick.

What would you guys say is a good amount of beats to start off with when pursing the leasing of your beats on sound click? Sadly, my wife and I only have 15 done and ready to go at the moment, but they are all decent quality beats. I see people on sound click with 200+ beats on their page and I think it would take forever to get to that point. However, Kid Flash (who is in the top 10) had about 15 beats when he got started. What do you guys think? How many songs did you personally start off with?start off with?

Last edited by a moderator:
This post is fairly old, and things have changed in this respect...

I have a catalog of beats that I feel are too good to dump on Soundclick, but that catalog hasn't grown for months... my focus has shifted from getting "placements" to other things. 99% of the beats I make now are for Soundclick.

If you start out as a new cat...where do i have to focus more. On leasing beats for low money or exclusives?

Should i set up both and simply lease a beat till someone wants it exclusive and than go on to the next one?

If you mind asking...cuz you seem to be doing really good with your soundclick bizz.

Last edited:
I lease my beats for $80 a track and lease at least 1 a day. I dont know why people lease there **** for 25 bucks, thats not even enough for me to sit through the export process. If someone wants your beat and there willing to pay $25, then there willing to pay $50, and if there willing to pay $50 there more then likely willing to pay $80

www.AuditoryBeats.com <---my soundclick

Last edited:
I lease my beats for $80 a track and lease at least 1 a day. I dont know why people lease there **** for 25 bucks, thats not even enough for me to sit through the export process. If someone wants your beat and there willing to pay $25, then there willing to pay $50, and if there willing to pay $50 there more then likely willing to pay $80

www.AuditoryBeats.com <---my soundclick

I checked your Soundclick. You got some nice stuff there man. Well worth the $80 if not more.

I guess some SC producers aren't in the $80.00 league quality wise(Mix AND beat structure). So they charge less.

I don't get this "put my good sh#t here and my useless crap over here where I can sell it to somebody" and somehow the buying public will be able to separate me from the useless crap I showed I'm capable of doing. What?
For me, I don't have to finished something before it's apparent that it's crap. Matter of fact, I don't finish something that I think is on it's way to being crap and I sure won't try and sell somebody something I already think is crap. That's why it's a crappy business. lol
So many people are trying to get paid for less than their best effort. Selling my sub par stuff on the way to building a decent rep seems to me to be a bit of an oxymoron imo.
People know one thing, you are what they hear and you NEVER know who's listening. Any true professional knows that you never know where that next hits coming from. There's no law that dictates where the big names look for beats. There's also no map that says where the next name will come from and finally, you don't hone your craft writing "useless crap" jmho.

Last edited:
What I wanna no is do niggaz pay taxes on that **** or no?

I believe you're suppose to pay taxes if you make over $600. Could be wrong on the exact amount. My guess is 95% don't unless they are acting as some sort of registered business where the income can eventually be tracked. I'm not an expert but I think I'm close on that one.

I believe you're suppose to pay taxes if you make over $600. Could be wrong on the exact amount. My guess is 95% don't unless they are acting as some sort of registered business where the income can eventually be tracked. I'm not an expert but I think I'm close on that one.

is that 600 per beat or 600 overall?

is that 600 per beat or 600 overall?

I believe it's anything over $600 income is taxable. I don't think it matters if you got $30 here and $60 there for 2 separate beats if that's what you mean. Come tax time, if you made over $600 total during the course of the year, I believe it's taxable. Again, maybe someone with some real knowledge on that will jump in here.

I believe it's anything over $600 income is taxable. I don't think it matters if you got $30 here and $60 there for 2 separate beats if that's what you mean. Come tax time, if you made over $600 total during the course of the year, I believe it's taxable. Again, maybe someone with some real knowledge on that will jump in here.

word, cause a nigga dont need the IRS knock at the door.

What would you guys say is a good amount of beats to start off with when pursing the leasing of your beats on sound click? Sadly, my wife and I only have 15 done and ready to go at the moment, but they are all decent quality beats. I see people on sound click with 200+ beats on their page and I think it would take forever to get to that point. However, Kid Flash (who is in the top 10) had about 15 beats when he got started. What do you guys think? How many songs did you personally start off with?start off with?

repost..

Last edited:
I almost have 5 ready for soundclick. I figure if somebody likes the beat, It will be on that beats own merits whether or not there's 15 other beats sitting next to it so I don't see a benefits waiting till I have 20 or 30 more beats if I could be making money now.

Whether you have to file a tax return depends, in part, on your filing status, age, and gross income.

It's definitely something worth doing some homework on if you're making some real money. Have you sold any beats?

Not on Soundclick, only in person. Im guessing its a good market cause im selling em for 200-300 in person. who knows....

On another note, with all that cake they making, i hope the copy-writing they ****s.

The amount it $400 if you are self-employed, which you would be considered if your selling tracks on soundclick.

Get that paper work correct! IRS don't play with they $$

Back