Getting the most out of Soundclick

I was thinkin, i know that free promotion can get you pretty high, but if you actually bought the front page spot light, or song of the day. do you make your money back if you have at least decent material. I have what I assume to be better than decent, but then again, I might be over valuing myseslf. im my hardest critic as cliche as that sounds... but I am just interested to know. thiz 9 to 5 bull shyt iz killin me slowly... i kno alot of you guyz prob feel tha same way, but basically if you bought a front page promo or song of the day, did you make your money back.

Last edited:
I checked out google searching for SC tips, and found this thread.
A.O I thought ill find your ass somewhere in this Thread lol!

I was thinkin, i know that free promotion can get you pretty high, but if you actually bought the front page spot light, or song of the day. do you make your money back if you have at least decent material. I have what I assume to be better than decent, but then again, I might be over valuing myseslf. im my hardest critic as cliche as that sounds... but I am just interested to know. thiz 9 to 5 bull shyt iz killin me slowly... i kno alot of you guyz prob feel tha same way, but basically if you bought a front page promo or song of the day, did you make your money back.

I don't think you'd be making the money back yet.. but it will help in establishing your name in the soundclick community.

Soundclick is like the McDonalds of the beat market. You've got to realize what kind of people are browsing it, what the market is like, what kind of people you're selling to.

On Soundclick, best beats do not equate to the best sales. There are guys like Mister KA, Shadowville, etc., who use Soundclick as their primary site to showcase their music, but I can garauntee I make more $$ than both of them because their prices are set waaaaaay too high for the market they're in. They're beats are hot, no question, but what they're doing is the equivilent to putting a New York Steak on the menu at McDonalds; people are there for a Burger and Fries - if they want a steak, they'll go to a Steakhouse.

Unless Leasing/Licensing is your goal, putting your best beats on soundclick is useless. You're just gonna get beatjacked, lowballed, etc...

When I'm in the studio making a beat, I will consciously say "I'm gonna make a soundclick beat" - a beat which:

1. Is not all that creative/original
2. I will spend no longer than 45 minutes on
3. Has a recognizable sound that's marketable
4. Follows current musical trends
5. I have no problem getting rid of for $150 or less

At first, I was reluctant to sell exclusive rights for $100... questions like "What if the track blows up?", "What if someone else comes along and offers to pay XXXX for it?"... the fact is, you are NOT going to blow up regurgitating the same stuff you hear on the radio. I've sold over 100 "soundclick" beats, and I have yet to have anyone "blow up" off my tracks and making a ton of money (that I know of haha). The guys you're selling to on Soundclick aren't rappers that are going anywhere; they're highschool kids, they're aspiring rappers with dreams that are exponentially bigger than their talent.

The whole point of this post is my "soundclick" beats are in no way, shape or form an accurate representation of what I'm capable of as a producer. These are beats that are created for one sole purpose: to make me money!

I love this post. This should be a sticky entitled: The blueprints to soundclick!

You just need to sell cheap leasing rights and expensive exclusive rights.That way you will keep your beats rights for you and sell in the same time

lol yea man u I gotta get my knowledge on

This is crazy. So you were using this and the Fugitive Beats accounts at the same time, then that got banned, then you made another account swearing at DeRanged and now you're back to using this account?

Didn't he ban your IP address or are you using a proxy?

Apologies if it was just a coincidence that someone made an account swearing at him just after you got banned. :rolleyes:

Soundclick beats make me wanna shoot myself in the face repeatedly and leave a note in my will asking loved ones to continue shooting me in the face once I'm no longer able to.

Besides that, get your money mane! You don't have to answer this, but it's just outta curiosity...do you make your living off leasing beats or is it a side hustle for you?

This is crazy. So you were using this and the Fugitive Beats accounts at the same time, then that got banned, then you made another account swearing at DeRanged and now you're back to using this account?

Didn't he ban your IP address or are you using a proxy?

Apologies if it was just a coincidence that someone made an account swearing at him just after you got banned. :rolleyes:

lol woah woah naw I only have one account on here, yea im fugitive beatz on soundclick, but I never got blocked and i dont kno who deranged iz, lol, misunderstanding, i dont beef ova tha interent = pointless

lol woah woah naw I only have one account on here, yea im fugitive beatz on soundclick, but I never got blocked and i dont kno who deranged iz, lol, misunderstanding, i dont beef ova tha interent = pointless

OK it's just cos a guycalled Fugitive Beatz did that. And i'm sure he had a soundclick or Myspace account with "fugitive beats" in it. It was in his signature. So some people might confuse him with you.

Soundclick beats make me wanna shoot myself in the face repeatedly and leave a note in my will asking loved ones to continue shooting me in the face once I'm no longer able to.

Besides that, get your money mane! You don't have to answer this, but it's just outta curiosity...do you make your living off leasing beats or is it a side hustle for you?

Double post.

Last edited:

Haha. This is one of the funniest posts i've read in a while. But not all SoundClick beats are bad. Most of the people in the top few hundred are usually good. It's just the people that have been making beats for a week that are the problem. But ovbiously you won't find them unless you go looking since they're almost all at the bottom of the charts.

And yeah he makes a living off of leases. Guy gets paid a few hundred thousand a year since he's almost always in the top ten producers there. Usually top 5 but he's been number one a lot.

It's only ever free beats that get that high though. Check. Almost all the top 20 if not 100 beats will be for Free DL. They don't get paid off of them obviously but it gets a lot of interest, builds up a bigger fanbase and in turn they sell a lot of paid leases,

OK it's just cos a guycalled Fugitive Beatz did that. And i'm sure he had a soundclick or Myspace account with "fugitive beats" in it. It was in his signature. So some people might confuse him with you.

aright, thankz man, if u got that post or c that dude somewhere can u let me kno, aint that bout a bytch

oh naw fam, that waz me, we waznt arguing tho, lol

OK. But he banned you after i'm sure you swore him. And then that anonymous :-)cry:) poster registered to swear at him. Something about "You can't control me!".

Shoulda realized you were just being funny tryna play it down. Anyway forget about it.

Okay... I wouldn't say there's a ton, but there is some. Keep your good ish under wraps, and if dudes get at you from soundclick and they're impressed, you'll blow em away with your real music lol.

Kool G Rap, 50 Cent, B Legit and many many more shop on Soundclick and even put their beats on their album.

"I Get Money" by 50 Cent was a soundclick beat for a long period of time and was picked up by 50 himself, making the producer some serious cheese.

Even on Soundclick, there ARE customers who WILL hook you up with connections, big $$ etc.. They're just more rare.

In the same breath, I want to let everybody know that yes, most people on soundclick are broke and working with a low budget. Your right, don't expect to sell your beats for more than $150 per beat, even $100. I keep my prices at $200 specifically so that I can eradicate the non-serious from the list of clients. Occasionally I'll go lower if the artist is sick or I believe in what they're doing, but don't go thinking that Soundclick is the "Mcdonalds" of beat markets.

I think Mister KA and Shadowville make more money then you'd think...

sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands
so basicly we should invest into a second website outside of soundclick this way we can keep our good stuff in there and our useless stuff on soundclick

sounds good thanks for the tip

Back