Did you see how fast lex luger's BUZZ wore off??.........................

false you dont know that man.

his buzz died when people did what he did for cheaper.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

why did the Olympicks buzz fall off with Ross
why did the Inkredibles buzz fall off after having a record with Jay-Z & Jeezy
why did Lil Lody buzz fall off when he produced majority of Young Jeezy album
why did Boi 1da's buzz fall off when he was producing everything that came out in 08-09. now he maybe gets 1 album cut. if that

you gotta realize. nobody wants to work with you on your terms. nobody gives a **** because theres thirsty producers out there on sites like FP, that would give what you got for cheap. So as long as people have options you only gonna get work until there are cheaper alternatives

every artist got a team full of producers lol, the same niggas that Lex came up with, got a cheap alternative to lex now
great points. Something sad about these thirsty producers is that in a few years producers will be letting rappers f*ck their girlfriend for an album cut. Just wait.

Another 6 Hour Iceboy vid?

fast forward to 2:50..........thats the main part everybody needs to hear........you don't have to watch the whole thing

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

great points. Something sad about these thirsty producers is that in a few years producers will be letting rappers f*ck their girlfriend for an album cut. Just wait.

haha.........epic

Last edited:
^^^ timbaland doesn't get work no more ? timbaland is a multi millionaire, he sits in his big ass mansion, in hi studio enjoying life, he makes a dope beat and feels like, hey, let me put drake on this, drake likes it, done, another big ass check and some music video appearance, do you really think just because somebody isn't on the radar they aren't relevant ? buzz comes and goes, snoop isn't relevant right now either, many artist arent, but once they do something good it goes back up, buzz is like inspiration, it comes and goes, it leaves after some time, you make a good song again and it comes back, no buzz doens't mean the end, dre didn't have much buzz for some time, still d.r.e dropped and put him on a alltime legend status
why buy beats from Timbo when I can I can find someone else who sounds like Timbo for less money. I remember when everyone was making Timbo beats around 2004. It was all heatmakers, kanye, and Timbaland knocks offs. The scott storch ones came soon after. Any style can be recreated by just about anyone with the time on their hands and it will the rest is about money overall. If you could get the same gallon of milk for $1 why would you spend $50 for it? Sure we are talking beats but the same concept applies. Timbo might want 100gs for a beat due to his discography and status as a long time multiplatinum producer but if I come up with a similar beat and say hey Ill give this to you for $500 who do you think they are gonna buy from? Niggas been undercutting each other for years its just how it is and the amount of work you have to do to get these placements is why many people are not even trying to deal with the industry. I am thinking about going back to soundclick because now even indie artists (where i used to get good money from) are under cutting like that. But Soundclick has been all about undercutting for a long time.

why buy beats from Timbo when I can I can find someone else who sounds like Timbo for less money. I remember when everyone was making Timbo beats around 2004. It was all heatmakers, kanye, and Timbaland knocks offs. The scott storch ones came soon after. Any style can be recreated by just about anyone with the time on their hands and it will the rest is about money overall. If you could get the same gallon of milk for $1 why would you spend $50 for it? Sure we are talking beats but the same concept applies. Timbo might want 100gs for a beat due to his discography and status as a long time multiplatinum producer but if I come up with a similar beat and say hey Ill give this to you for $500 who do you think they are gonna buy from? Niggas been undercutting each other for years its just how it is and the amount of work you have to do to get these placements is why many people are not even trying to deal with the industry. I am thinking about going back to soundclick because now even indie artists (where i used to get good money from) are under cutting like that. But Soundclick has been all about undercutting for a long time.

It's ALMOST that simple. Timabaland's name on the song will make it a big seller, regardless of how the beat sounds.

But you're right about the "imitation" market. That's why BEATS have no value. What else you got? Can you write songs? Can you engineer? Can you coach an artist in the studio?

You gotta be able to do something else, that makes you more valuable. Because EVERYBODY can do beats.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

producers need audacity(aka balls)......watch iceboy's video to hear more about audacity

nobody wants a boring ass producer

Wait....Ice Boy made the beats in this vid??

AND PEOPLE LISTEN TO HIM WITH BEATS SOUNDING LIKE THAT???

lol.........troup why do you have such gripe with iceboy??

huh?? I don't have any gripes with this guy. This is the very first video I've seen on him. I've just heard his name mentioned alot around here.

But c'mon...this dude just told producers that they need to act like Basketball Wives to sell beats.

That's what's wrong with the game. Too much focus on non-music gimmicks, instead of making sure you have the products that meet your customers needs.

huh?? I don't have any gripes with this guy. This is the very first video I've seen on him. I've just heard his name mentioned alot around here.

But c'mon...this dude just told producers that they need to act like Basketball Wives to sell beats.

That's what's wrong with the game. Too much focus on non-music gimmicks, instead of making sure you have the products that meet your customers needs.

he's right, because basketball wives have audacity

When iceboy made the highest paid producer video he had audacity and he built up a nice fanbase with that video...........all by having audacity

If he would have been boring as hell in that video he wouldn't have the fanbase that he has today

The screaming, yelling, and the diss at johnny juliano and vybe got him his fanbase

Last edited:
he's right, because basketball wives have audacity

When iceboy made the highest paid producer video he had audacity and he built up a nice fanbase with that video...........all by having audacity

If he would have been boring as hell in that video he wouldn't have the fanbase that he has today

The screaming, yelling, and the diss at johnny juliano and vybe got him his fanbase

No...it got him ATTENTION. There's a big difference between ATTENTION and an actual FANBASE.

Attention is the equivalent of people standing around watching you fight.

FANBASE is people who are willing to actually pay to see you fight.

When all the HYPE dies down, there has to be some SUBSTANCE to keep people interested. This guy has no substance. Not in what he says, and definitely not in these generic beats.

And his youtube page only has 30k views. That's not a fanbase at all.

No...it got him ATTENTION. There's a big difference between ATTENTION and an actual FANBASE.

When all the HYPE dies down, there has to be some SUBSTANCE to keep people interested. This guy has no substance. Not in what he says, and definitely not in these generic beats.

He had way more on his last one before It got shut down, he had 40,000 views on one video

This man speaks the truth!

So why'd it get shut down?

He had up fl studio tutorials........and image line told him to take down all the videos or they would sue him for copyright infringement

kinda weird though, out of the thousands of fl tutorials they told him to take his down

moral of the story is. let the market dictate your price sometimes. Lex got a couple big records, started chargin a lot of money and it wasnt exactly worth it for artists when there are other producers who will work for cheaper or would be willing to sign to a production team/company under the artist.

Back