Article: I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

Took me a while to learn this but i finnally got it mind you in only 21 lol

some good points, tho i think if someone considers himself as a noob he should skip all of this gear talk and go back and produce music untill he finds himself at an "dead end" where his hardware stops him from making progress

Good commandments, I already sub consciously do all those when I started playing back some years ago. Great post!

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read...wish it would have been around when I started all those years ago ><

Protecting the ears should be number one lol. When i go to games i make sure to take the ear buds. They can get real loud.

There is a lot of programs you can switch to to start producing beats, like Logic or Reason. I personally use Fl Studio, which is a great program, but you may receive some flack for that. As long as you know how to actually use the plug-ins and the functions of them, you'll be fine.
Next, you'll need either a beat machine or midi-keyboard. Things get sticky here when it comes to prices. Always remember, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Also remember not to buy what you don't need. Some hardware may come with additions that your productions software may already have.
Finally, you'll need either a pair of studio monitors or a great set of headphones. If you don't have to worry about roommates or neighbors go with studio monitors, you'll get a nice full sound. If you do, go with head phones. Plan to spend around $150 and up to get a reliable substitute to the monitors. Audio Technica has some great gear and has a nice reputation. I own 2 pairs of headphones and a condenser mic from them.
This isn't a necessity but if you're using a laptaop, you should look into purchasing an interface. It cuts down on the latency. Hope this helped.

Can you please give me an idea of the basic equipment for me to start producing my own beats, i took a class on midi for two years in my highschool so i am familiar with midi i just wanna get away from garageband -___- i want to know what equipment i need to start making beats at home. Keep in my mind right now i only have a mac with garageband lol, Thank you for your time.

I think green is good-green is legible and explicit-right on brother-more power to ya!!!

Back