Article: I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

theres a bit of an arrogant tone to all of this. and the fact that its in fluorescent green makes the gall of it damn near intolerable.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Can you please give me an idea of the basic equipment for me to start producing my own beats, i took a class on midi for two years in my highschool so i am familiar with midi i just wanna get away from garageband -___- i want to know what equipment i need to start making beats at home. Keep in my mind right now i only have a mac with garageband lol, Thank you for your time.

grab a demo copy of logic, reason and ableton, theyre the three best on mac (apart from protools - not recommended for beginners..)
and see which one you like the most, check out youtube tutorials for the basics on each, and stick to the one you find the most intuitive.
good luck. :D

Now this was a good set of instructions. I've seen a lot of talk about instruction manuals. Guess it's time I crack open the one that came with my MPD

Thanks I've been taking my Audio Engineering classes/ under a 2 grammy winner and u sound just like him u r not lyin iv been finding myself in journey boy and compression lol I will never stop learning. Peace ♥ and Rock n roll

Most people who don't read the manual tend not to because they're in a rush to make a beat and probably are around cats who treat everything in life the same way. I used to record rappers and i would talk to them about different facets of the production and beat making process and immediately they looking at me like " maaan, i aint even tryin to hear that". Those be the same people that want to short cut, go and buy some equipment and wasn't listening and come back wanting me to drop a jewel or two on em and i tell them go home and read the manual!!! oh yeah and youtube will teach you a thing or two.

the G.A.S syndrome almost got me man... thanlks for sharing this one really helped me out

There are some questions that are a little difficult but most in here are those that are easily answered by reading the manual. Cats are too lazy and want instant gratification. There is a good market for that though.

Thank you for putting this in green not only is it my favorite color but wasnt hard to read at all like how most these people are b**ching about.

Back