Are you an OLD Hip Hopper?

Oh n this One - The very first 12inch I bought aged just, well never mind, lets just say I was er knee high to a grasshopper!----

Yes I wore Tachinni tracksuits, I watched this movie again not more than a month ago - slitghtly better than Ozone N Turbo mi thinks!-

Last edited:
For all those complaing about the current state...shouldn't matter much because as we can see by what people are posting there is enough old school Hip Hop to last us a lifetime!

Pherm...use to break dance to all that!!! Good times!

man this thread is dope. im only 25 but i got an old school hip hop soul. i was raised on warren g, eazy e, nwa, dj quik, ice cube, e40, too short, dru down, wu tang, redman, mystikal, master p, outkast, ugk, bone thugs, etc all that. i know 90's but thats the era i was raised in. i listened to a bit of older hip hop like rakim, run dmc, kool moe dee too, i used to try to break dance back in elemntary school with my older bro and he had that planet rock on repeat.

here are some of my favorites:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ismQv0u4Z4I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9IJK6m-rTZs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Me and homies you used to get blown to this back in middle school.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="bonethugs- weed song - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but here some new dudes bringing this old school stuff back to the new millenium:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="Dizzy Wright - "Tha Truth" - Music Video - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Ab-Soul - Turn Me Up (feat. Kendrick Lamar) [HD] - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im a new school dude with an old school soul

I'm 25, had country grammar by Nelly when I was 14 I think, so not that old school. Or maybe I got it latter when i was 15-16. I'm a general music lover. But do love black music. Usher 8701 baby =)

For all those complaing about the current state...shouldn't matter much because as we can see by what people are posting there is enough old school Hip Hop to last us a lifetime!

Pherm...use to break dance to all that!!! Good times!

Yessir!

This that thread.....

This used to my ish... never even been to NY...

Used to bang this in a Hyundai - 12's in nat thang...

We might be repeating some but it's all good, lol

---------- Post added 12-15-2012 at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-07-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

This thread don't DIE!!!

(don't even care if it's already in here... baddest thread ever)

If you're on the couch eatin' corn flakes this morning... this song is for you...

Frosted Flakes is the shit though...

Motivation...

Last edited:
How I'm feeling right now. Nothing is fuucking with this. This is what EDM trap wants to be but is too fast....happy.

Something that can't be stolen and given a trophy due to popular appeal.

Last edited:

Strictly Old school Underground! No way could I follow the ish that gets airplay today!!

Still if you dig deep enough you can still find some diamonds!!

I usually listen to only underground stuff along with some 90s rap... but its weird as I get older I still find myself listening to rappers who are at least 5 years older than me... Most rappers I listen to are at least in their mid 30's

This thread should be made into a narrated documentary. It's not that fluff you see on old school count downs that only have Run DMC and Salt n Pepa. The real ish is in this thread.

R.I.P bro-

Older than old skool

---------- Post added 03-17-2013 at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-07-2013 at 10:35 PM ----------

A Few more to add

Older Than Old Skool

Original keys 1 min in borrowed by Herr Bambaataa on planet rock----

---------- Post added 03-31-2013 at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-17-2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

A little Xtruh!

Yeah I Know it's a modern take on a CLASSIC, that's cool-

Older than old Skool-

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-31-2013 at 08:51 PM ----------

Not sure how many people have realized? a super-thread/ archive of a diversity kind probably goes against much of the policies inherent within industry manufactured consumerism. Younger producers/ folk's true awareness can only help foster and inspire creativity within music, I wouldn't want to see the industry stifle progression or confine development, by passing off uninspiring safe formula onto an ill-informed unsuspecting younger generation , but that's just my thoughts, and besides, it's makes for a pretty awesome thread.

Just a few more -

Older than Old Skool -

Last edited:
Back