Are you an OLD Hip Hopper?

you know, I think a successful artist's story is like this : you hear music you love -> you understand why you love it -> you realize you can do it in your own way -> you execute. internet fked up a lot of things, but don't deal with it. do the music you love, do it the best way you can, and see what happens.

Well said. Music is suppose to be the most free and expressive form of art there is. That's also why you can't put an age to it. You can't say someone should stop rapping because their older than 25. In fact, if you are true to the form, you CAN'T stop if you tried.. It's in your blood...

BiggRome, It probably hints at regionality/ UK, as a very young teenager I was an incredibly dedicated breaker/popper, Hip Hop/ Electro was huge around all the youth centers across the whole borough, I could spend up to 4hrs some days practicing moves n' routines - Ghetto blaster pumping out tune after tune, we had an underground radio station (DJ Sam Brown) check it out here - Sam Brown – South Side Radio (SSR) | Manchester Radio Music to keep us up to speed with the scene, true broadcasting freedom No money driven agenda, real sweet times.

Whodini - five minutes of funk? a track long since lost from personal consciousness, I nearly cried, almost died and spookily reeled off the lyrics when I heard your post for the 1st time over 25 years, I think some things become part of you on a whole different level.

Last edited:
I remember riding the bmx(someone elses :))while pumping run dmc,kool g rap and eric b and rakim on the TAPE PLAYER WALKMAYNE :) ha ha...good times...then it was black sheep,brand Nubian(and im a light skinned dude but puba had some flow) and eric,red,keith and associates got me going(what ever happened to jamal???da come up)..and then wu got me going,pac,dogg pound and too much herbal remedy got me off track with life...:) but hip hop aint the same..guess it suits a new generation...I reckon if its done well the doors still wide open...if you rolled down the road bumpin release yo delf...youngsters would be keen as

A few more -

Older Than Old Skool -

---------- Post added 05-14-2013 at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-30-2013 at 11:38 PM ----------

N' Then some

Older Than Old Skool -

UK's attempt at Newcleus ?????wtf!---

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-14-2013 at 08:51 PM ----------

N' sum -

Yeah it's older than -

The video below is raw archive footage from Manchester in the UK - to show in the traditions of our American brothers we rolled hard, mean n' real fast - on this side of the pond back in the 80's.

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-03-2013 at 11:48 PM ----------

Older than old skool -

Last edited:
Southern hip hop lesson.

Did that dude just do the sponge bob dance? o_O

Forget that trap mix in 2012.....get familiar with this version. WHY? Because it ain't never going anywhere. It's here forever.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You ain't got to like it......go listen to some lyrical stuff or something. :D........

Dammit man! I can listen to this all night. So many memories. OMG!!! WOW!!! I want to go back sooooooooooooooo bad man! Just for the good times. She killin that shit and I can't get enough of it. lmao!

Last edited:
This is playing in my garage right now...

Life's a bytch...

How much did Drake steal?

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I will DJ for the rest of 6-14-13... I got this...

Epic phukin' thread.... LINK SHOULD BE SHARED WORLDWIDE !

Bet cain't none of you mf's follow my set...

DJ Bigg Rome on deck ... let's rock... (excuse repeats)

[Walk of shame... danced with a 3rd cousin to this first one...]

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ROME ... (who remembers when Royal Blue was cool, lol!!!)

It's still in me... just not as much... Yeah, nigga...

Now it's really over... please find some drums!

Josh Burkman just KILLED John Fitch wtf!!! almost...

and my wife likes this guy and Will Smith.... I like all beeyatches though... love the Cheerios commercial too... swirl, swirl,swirl...

R.I.P. Producer of this one...

Now I can't play anything else because THIS is the realest shit ever wrote....

Was riding through the desert in Arizona with niggaz I didn't know... nugget was found...

This song... brings out the worst in me... so glad I'm secluded...

Oh... I forgot this is about old songs... phugg it tho

Last edited:
Some Quality there BiggRome

N-Summ -

Nice Sample -

Older than O.S/ Early roots to hiphop -

Oh n ya stole a move on me with the 2 LIVE CREW - Throw The D!

---------- Post added 06-27-2013 at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-19-2013 at 07:47 PM ----------

Older Thn'''' old Skool --------

Biz Markie's lil Brutha... (probably already in here.... thread is epic!!!)

Beat over the top of a Rick James loop though... smh...

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Phuck it, let's START OVER!!!!

Biz and Shante! First respected female emcee... 1986 back when I was diggin' in old azz 30 year or chicks.... was still a teen - taking their green... had a gangsta lean... a FIEND for the HiP HoP scene... we had cougars... shit, we had Lions, Tigers and Bears... puzzy juicened.

^^^ Hate niggaz that walk around with their mouth open... chicks too. CLOSE YOUR MF MOUTH!

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

You don't have this song... you don't.

On Mother's Day I play it...

You don't have it.... you just don't. My garage is the Hip Hop Smithsonian.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Sorry guys... I played this religiously...

Everybody in the car hated it, Everybody at the stoplight... shook they azz

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Fun to live in the past for 30 minutes... love it

Where is Black Rob and Big Mike... ????

This is my mindset when I go to corporate america everyday.... I DARE THEM TO DEFEAT ME! Best presenter - Rome, Most Efficient - Rome, they Paula Deen, I'm Barack...

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

A talent that no one respected...

If you have ever rapped in your life... you knowz...

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

GOT DAMN! PHERM BELEVA IS OLD AS HELLLLLLELEEEELEEEEELKEEE Phukin' helll. !!!

Dude..

Last edited:

older than Moses-

N' ROOOTTSSSS!-

---------- Post added 07-22-2013 at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-13-2013 at 06:57 PM ----------

Oh Yeah, avin some -

older than -

OOOOOPSs!

Last edited:
Back