Are you an OLD Hip Hopper?

This thread is like one of those time capsules people put valuable stuff in an re-open later.

Hip Hop had a crazy trajectory... from Kurtis Blow saying "Americcaaaaa" and me wanting to throw up to Nas's "Made You Look" and me wanting to mean mug everybody to Lil B and me being ashamed to even let rap music come out of my car windows...

Reminds me of that arch in St. Louis kind of...

... maybe it'll go back up soon.

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

It's on again....

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

It's really on again... where is K Solo?

I just want this in the thread...

It's so right... women lurkers... yeah...

RAW HOOK

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

I went West...

Last edited:
^^^ I'll bring u back west with another Dre project.
I use to ride to this shit!

Dig the synths:

Last edited:
Stankavelli in this...

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Don't know where this belongs...

My daughter just said "College Road Trip!!!!" lolol.

... got cool kids?

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Last edited:
I'm 24 but my pops is and Old School Hip Hop head. I remember being in the first grade when my pops would blast Wu tang in his SUV. That's the music I grew up on artists like DMX, and the Lox as a kid. We moved from New Jersey to Dallas when I was 12 and after hearing those Texas artists, I really became even more of a Old School head. The only artists I liked from Texas were Scarface, the Geto Boys and Z-Ro. My pops had about 3,000 tapes and cd's and I'd listen to them all. I later stumbled upon a casstte tape by the DOC and found out he was also from Texas. I also liked a rapper named Tela. He was from Memphis I believe.

Most of my favorite rappers and favorite albums come from the mid 80's to early 90's. I also immediately lose respect for anyone who claims a Gucci Man song is hot, or any of those other fake losers. It may be insulting, but I honestly can't help it. If you like that shit, I can't help but tell you what I'm feeling deep down inside: You're wrong and you don't know shit about real music.

It's like a middle aged man that grew up with the Stones and Zeppelin talking to a punk kid about how My Chemical Romance is an insult to rock music. Exact same thing, just a shorter time span.

My favorite Hip-Hop records are from between 1995-2005.
I don't know 80% of the music posted.

I like some rap from the 80's but my first Hip-Hop albums where like 2pac, Wu-Tang, Ja Rule, Eminem, DMX, Jay-Z, Nelly.
So i'm not really old skool but def not a fan of new school Hip-Hop like Trap and Crunk and such.

My favorite Hip-Hop album is: Gangstarr - Moment Of Truth

That was 1 of the first albums i really loved from start to finish and Jay-Z - Blueprint 1.
I didn't like Wu-Tang much at first cause it didn't have much melody or musicality in the beats.
Blueprint 1 made me realize Hip-Hop is real music.

The first Hip-Hop song i ever loved was 2pac - Changes and Warren G & Nate Dogg - Regulate.
Songs like that.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I always loved the soulful side of Hip-Hop music.
That was the whole reason why i started liking Hip-Hop.

And to be very honest. i liked the way Hip-Hoppers dressed in the beginning back in 2000 with the platinum chains and colorful plastic jerseys and such. I wanted to look like that to.
I'm from Holland where the Dance scene is much bigger but i always found the dress-code very gay of Trance fans.
I liked the baggy stuff better. It looked more masculine to me.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

but i don't wear baggy jeans anymore really. I went back to regular clothing.
Def not gonna see me in skinny jeans. i'm too fat for that.
I wear regular clothes now.

Last edited:
LMAO I know how you feel OP though I'm knocking on 30.

I would think man listening to this shit at 40's gonna be lame as hell.

But it seems like the new stuff is pretty dope too.

And I'm not one of those lame "music is so terrible nowadays".

Hell no, I think it's still pretty dope, especially production wise.

To be honest production wise, music nowadays makes me look back at mid to late 90's stuff as wack.

Or better put I wish I was making beats back in 95-95 because that shit was a piece of cake compared to now IMO.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

But I have been bumpin this lately cause it's just dripping with swag like 10 years later:

Im 20 years old, white and from England, im no expert on hiphop culture but i love none other than the 90s hiphop!,
Check the second link on my signature cos i produce 90s style instrumentals too!

Back