10 reasons you shouldn't get a job and do music

yep when you have a family your whole mentality changes when your kids look you in your eyes you know you'll do anything for them according to your morals anyway...
I'm happy to work in a office get my 401k and the faith based company I work for just doesn't match they go triple what you put in and it's a easy job and pray are said on the intercom for everyone to hear and we are encourage to spread the gospel and pray for patients etc.. so it's about finding a job that pays you well and enjoy the time you don't work with your family and the evenings and my days off give me plenty of time to pursue what I'm doing now

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

exactly. When you have kids especially the easy route is the best route.

I'm not the biggest fan of this article, but that website is awesome. Same with HighExistence.com

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

1. Don't do music

2. Get into a good university and get a good degree

3. Get a real job (this could involve music if it's an educated job)

4. Succeed in life

The HUGE problem with this is that everyone's definition of "Succeed" is different, and NONE of them are wrong.

Life's about enjoying LIFE, and waking up everyday excited that you have another day to do whatever the hell you want to.

So if this is actually what you want in life, please do so. It's not what everyone wants though.

Last edited:
First and foremost I can't express the importance of completing a secondary education (BA, Masters or PHD). So for all those on either side of the debate my question is why can't you do both? Sounds like As20gp and some others are doing just that. With the invention of software ask yourself how many producers are there out there? Have a real back up plan. Get an education, get a great job then do all the music you want in your spare time. JMO.​

Word. Go hard. Then go harder.

I have always admired people who follow their dreams and take risks. But the risks have to be calculated. If you hit it big early on your path to your dream job then you are not only talented, but lucky. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get going even if u are very talented. Don't be above taken a "dummy job" if it's what the situation calls for. keep at it and you will get yours.

Reading this thread a quote comes to mind..

Most don't lead their lives,they accept their lives...

With that in mind, you need to work hard, get educated and be on top of your sh*t. This is the only sure fire way you are going to be prepared for opportunities in life when they arise. The only person you need to gauge your success off of is yourself.

Are you doing better today vs. a year ago?
<==if the answer is yes then you might be on the right path...

#DontDropTheBall

Id rather purse a career in music and be happy than work at a boring job that wont amount to anything

I'm not the biggest fan of this article, but that website is awesome. Same with HighExistence.com

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

The HUGE problem with this is that everyone's definition of "Succeed" is different, and NONE of them are wrong.

Life's about enjoying LIFE, and waking up everyday excited that you have another day to do whatever the hell you want to.

So if this is actually what you want in life, please do so. It's not what everyone wants though.

nailed it right there

Everybody that's siding with that dude is either dirt broke or extremely lucky.

He makes his money being a dream seller to lazy kids and young adults with no life / job skills. You aren't going to make money off of beats, lol. You better just snap out of it. You may get a check here and there but it won't be a LIVING.

Tell that guy to tell the AVERAGE person to have kids and a spouse and factor in this stuff by paying out of his pocket... and then start subtracting

Medical bills
Dental bills
Mortgage
Car Insurance
Homeowners Insurance
Property taxes
Vehicle Maintenance
GAS!!!
Groceries
School clothes / supplies
Gifts for the family
Cable / Internet / Phone
Cell Phone
Entertainment
Household Appliance maintenance
Electric
Utilities
Haircuts for everybody
Power Tools
Lawn equipment
Car Tabs
INCOME TAXES!!! (Don't think working for yourself means you don't pay)
State Taxes
Sales Taxes
Garbage Bill
XBox Live
Kids cell phones

I'll stop with those BASICS and then factor in how long your income will be steady... is 5 years a good run? His site isn't much to look at, I've never heard of it. I've heard of Perez Hilton - I guess he's doing better.

Also... ONE medical bill will eat through all of your ish in one swoop.

Look at how many people play the lottery, don't you think they want to quit their jobs? There's just something about heat and hot water and a stove that turns on that keeps them going back, lol.

Go outside today a 5pm and look a the freeway where you live... see how many HAPPY people you see. What you're going to see are RESPONSIBLE people that have basic needs they have to meet and some of them want to be able to do some nice things for others and themselves. It's almost like those women that date Hugh Hefner... do you really think they want to date him or is it just the most beneficial situation for them? In life... you're going to have to do a few uncomfortable things to get what you want. I mean who really wants to get up in the morning and go to work, lol. NOBODY but some people do it because they have people that depend on them. This dude is talking as if he lives in the woods and hunts his food.

I've never seen such a lazy generation in my life... smh. What you do is take advantage of everything that will give you the chance of securing you a job you're comfortable with that will not have you eating bologna and ramen... THEN you work on doing what ol dude said. The day ol dude stops getting gullible visitors like you young INEXPERIENCED guys that he can do a rally cry for in a blog that took him 20 minutes to write... you'll see ol dude start to squirm when those electricity shut off notices and foreclosure notices get taped to his front door.

Ain't SHAT happened for you yet... why not? Ask yourself that, lol. You're doing right now what you WANT TO DO for money and ain't a DIME coming in....

You people need parents... be thankful that biggrome is for the kids.

Sounds bad...

I want to MAKE BEETZ for a living too... now tell me where are you going to hustle at that you aren't already "husslin'" at...

I'm starting BOOTCAMP FOR BEATMAKERS next week. I'll listen to your beats and tell you whether you should hit the pawn shop with your gear. Then I'll assess your other skills and interests and get you on a life path so you can feed yourself.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

A pack of Pampers cost more than you're selling your beats for...

A can of baby formula cost more than you're selling your beats for...

I just got a dentist bill for my daughter for $670 and I have full medical coverage...

My wife just needed major engine work on her car...

If you believe that generic website makes $40,000 a month... I have an alien in my basement that I'll let you see for $50 each.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

There is a "way" to go about things...

Be honest with yourself... you don't know many people without jobs that aren't either laying up on somebody else or are on the corner with a cardboard sign that says God Bless You on the bottom.

Walk outside... get off the internet. The world is still OUT THERE... not IN HERE.

Last edited:

He makes his money being a dream seller to lazy kids and young adults with no life / job skills. You aren't going to make money off of beats, lol. You better just snap out of it. You may get a check here and there but it won't be a LIVING.

Tell that guy to tell the AVERAGE person to have kids and a spouse and factor in this stuff by paying out of his pocket... and then start subtracting

Medical bills
Dental bills
Mortgage
Car Insurance
Homeowners Insurance
Property taxes
Vehicle Maintenance
GAS!!!
Groceries
Gifts for the family
Cable / Internet / Phone
Cell Phone
Entertainment
Electric
Utilities
Haircuts for everybody
Power Tools
Lawn equipment
Car Tabs
State Taxes
Sales Taxes
Garbage Bill
XBox Live
Kids cell phones

I'll stop with those BASICS and then factor in how long your income will be steady... is 5 years a good run? His site isn't much to look at, I've never heard of it. I've heard of Perez Hilton - I guess he's doing better.

Look at how many people play the lottery, don't you think they want to quit their jobs? There's just something about heat and hot water and a stove that turns on that keeps them going back, lol.

Go outside today a 5pm and look a the freeway where you live... see how many HAPPY people you see. What you're going to see are RESPONSIBLE people that have basic needs they have to meet and some of them want to be able to do some nice things for others and themselves. It's almost like those women that date Hugh Hefner... do you really think they want to date him or is it just the most beneficial situation for them? In life... you're going to have to do a few uncomfortable things to get what you want. I mean who really wants to get up in the morning and go to work, lol. NOBODY but some people do it because they have people that depend on them. This dude is talking as if he lives in the woods and hunts his food.

I've never seen such a lazy generation in my life... smh. What you do is take advantage of everything that will give you the chance of securing you a job you're comfortable with that will not have you eating bologna and ramen... THEN you work on doing what ol dude said. The day ol dude stops getting gullible visitors like you young INEXPERIENCED guys that he can do a rally cry for in a blog that took him 20 minutes to write... you'll see ol dude start to squirm when those electricity shut off notices and foreclosure notices get taped to his front door.

Ain't SHAT happened for you yet... why not? Ask yourself that, lol. You're doing right now what you WANT TO DO for money and ain't MF'N DIME coming in....

Wake THE F up...

there are 2 kinds of people, the ones who would like to be rich, and the ones who will become rich or die trying PERIOD
and ONLY the second option succeeds EVER, UNLESS the first option is terribly lucky, also..the 2nd option makes up about 1% of all human population..
so let's have a look at those successful people, let me tell you where they come from first,

super rich children
rich children
middle-class children
children from people in poverty
and children in absolute poverty

have you caught it ? yes indeed, they come from EVERYWHERE

we have millionaire kids who continue the business and make millions and rich daddy kids who are BROKE AS ****

so school and surroundings can be deleted from the list of HOW TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL

so what does it boil down to ? it is nothing more than having a vision of your future, and having the courage and persistence to follow that trough no matter how many people tell you how dangerous it is, what can go wrong, what they think of you, that your stupid... WHATEVER

life is all about facing it balls out, stop finding excuses for NOT doing what you really love

IF there is a god and he wants us humans to act in a certain way or accomplish a certain thing then it is..and i'm 100% sure, Courage to do what you want to do no matter what,
dreams always must be bigger than the fear of failure, only if you can beat the fear of failure your gonna accomplish something and hell that's just the first step to your success

think back when you we're 10 years old, how many dangerous situations have you went trough ? how often did you climb a tree and you could have fallen down and be seriously injured, BUT YOU DIDN'T FALL... because falling simply WAS NO option to you, you KNEW you weren't going to fall, no matter how many times your dad said be careful or come down there, or when you played with fire or when you kept on to prank yo neighbour til dude almost pulled his 45. don't we all experienced sh-t like this ? we we're free, we spoke to girls without getting sweaty palms, we had 6 friends over at crib everyday, we just enjoyed life ....BOOM....NOW WE CAN'T...but what happened ? did we fall on our head and everything was out of shape ? did we change our personality ? did we swallow the wrong pills ? NO WE DIDN'T, We got scared, media intimated us, we saw the bling bling guy on tv everyone told us we can't be like, the secretly gay bully in school acting tough as **** we had to deal with, the parents who shut our party's down, we need to get our confidence back, get your balls out and do it, FAILURE IS NOT A OPTION, be who you are, your a diamond covering your true self up with something your not, have the balls to be yourself and don't be afraid of failure, that's what life is about, not having to bend over for you boss at the end of the month asking for a higher pay LIKE A *****, YOU A MAN, LIVE YO LIFE, YOLO M****AS

Medical bills
Dental bills
Mortgage
Car Insurance
Homeowners Insurance
Property taxes
Vehicle Maintenance
GAS!!!
Groceries
Gifts for the family
Cable / Internet / Phone
Cell Phone
Entertainment
Electric
Utilities
Haircuts for everybody
Power Tools
Lawn equipment
Car Tabs
State Taxes
Sales Taxes
Garbage Bill
XBox Live
Kids cell phones

Ain't SHAT happened for you yet... why not? Ask yourself that, lol. You're doing right now what you WANT TO DO for money and ain't a MF'N DIME coming in....

Wake THE F up...

You people need parents... be thankful that biggrome is for the kids.

Sounds bad...

I want to MAKE BEETZ for a living too... now tell where are you going to hustle at that you aren't already "husslin'" at...

I'm starting BOOTCAMP FOR BEATMAKERS next week. I'll listen to your beats and tell you whether you should hit the pawn shop with your gear. Then I'll assess your other skills and interests and get you on a life path so you can feed yourself.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

A pack of Pampers cost more than you're selling your beats for...

A can of baby formula cost more than you're selling your beats for...

I just got a dentist bill for my daughter for $670 and I have full medical coverage...

My wife just needed major engine work on her car...

If you believe that generic website makes $40,000 a month... I have an alien in my basement that I'll let you see for $50 each.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

There is a "way" to go about things...

Be honest with yourself... you don't know many people without jobs that aren't either laying up on somebody else or are on the corner with a cardboard sign that says God Bless You on the bottom.

Walk outside... get off the internet. The world is still OUT THERE... not IN HERE.

see, this the article yall really need to read.

it just don't tell yall what yall wanna hear.

see, this the article yall really need to read.

it just don't tell yall what yall wanna hear.

One day... they'll live what I wrote if they listen to that dude, lol.

There will be entrepreneurs, future producers, future rap stars... but they will be the CREAM OF THE CROP...

everybody that just got drafted for the NFL... won't have an NFL career even though it's all they've ever prepared for. They may get in a few seasons - until somebody else on the roster takes their spot... then it's back to applying for the gym teacher job...

I guess since I don't dream out loud on the internet, I sound negative.

I still want a hit record and a billion dollars like the next guy... I just don't see it happening a lot... (shrug).

Forget all of that "I don't need much to live on..." crap, lol. I do.

Last edited:
I think by the third page people forget the original post. But anyway, everyone is an adult here you don't need anybody's permission to "go for it." I applaud people willing to go against the grain and do their own thing. The reality, though, is that in this world most people are followers. There is a difference between someone telling you not do something because you're going to fail, and someone saying watch out for certain obstacles or plan this thing out. I think a lot of the older heads are basically saying be sure and have a plan cause the shit ain't easy. If you have kids and stuff its even more difficult. But above all do you.

Courage to do what you want to do no matter what,

The blurry line between courageous and stupid depends on the outcome of the situation...

Sometimes there is no line. That's the stupidly courageous bunch.

... and then there are planners that do courageous things the right way... people applaud those types.

Like takes somebody like Kelly Clarkson... all the tools to be a star but still had to be a waitress until she got her break.... do you think she liked being a waitress? or did she need a place to brush her teeth and wash up before she went to earn money to keep a roof over her head.

Not getting a job... is not courageous, lol. Explain how it's courageous if you can.

You see those horrible singers at American Idol auditions because they want exactly what you want... they don't want to work...

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Why aren't people GOING FOR IT right now...

What's with all this "I'm going to..." stuff.

What's stopping you from logging off of FP and GOING FOR IT....

The people that say they are GOING FOR IT... start the most threads, lol.

Last edited:
So you prefer job that you "don't hate" than a job that you'll love? I know not everybody are meant to run their own business and be leaders or something like that, but everybody can think. I personally don't want to join the group of ordinary unhappy people that complain and are not free, cause their boss is the one who decides about their holidays, free time, and whole life.

one very important fact do not go into business thinking you don't have a boss cause you will fail for sure. that sounds lazy to me and a cop out for doing nothing cause you feel you don't have to take no shit. You have to take a lot of shit more of it then you would from most 9 to 5s.

People are acting like people apply for jobs they don't want, lol.

Apply for jobs you want... problem solved.

If you can't get those jobs... who's fault is that? Grab that mirror.

Who wouldn't want to be Pauly D and just get paid to be followed around... bet everybody wants that "job" lol.

If you can't figure out how to get out of your Mama's house, that dudes website will probably make you feel better for a few days. That's what it's there for. You'll need to keep going back for his new articles after the initial spunk of his last article leaves.

Most of you DON'T KNOW HOW to go for it in the first place...

Tell me what you're going to do? Get a SoundClick VIP and buy promo? Ummm.... join PMP? ... go to a Dynamic Producer conference and "get discovered"?

You have no plan, you have a wish, lol.

... plus you need better music. Everybody can make beats just like yours and undercut you price-wise.

Last edited:
i been producing for a year,

Oh my...

I guess I shouldn't have said anything then.... you have much more frustration to go through before you'll begin to even see that the "beat game" isn't a pot of gold, lol.

Go for it though. I never said you "SHOULDN'T", I said not getting a job to support yourself wasn't that smart.

.... and strap up, because if a child comes around, you'll be falling behind in child support payments from day one...

You also won't qualify for unemployment benefits... because you were never employed...

A friend of my who has had it pretty rough for a minute just landed a young dentist from his church, he's going to marry her. He also thought he could play around and do any and everything, lol.

He's smiling now.

Last edited:
One day... they'll live what I wrote if they listen to that dude, lol.

NOBODY really wants a 9-5, even executives fall under intense pressure to hold on to all of their ish.

There will be entrepreneurs, future producers, future rap stars... but they will be the CREAM OF THE CROP...

lol sooner than expected too.

i been producing for a year, i don't think i'm doing too bad considering how little time i was able to invest into beats

DunloopMusic - YouTube

6-7 months here. since Nov 2011 or some shit like that.

Yo Rome what's up with the "azz" track? Cool tune, but are u talking badd bout folks or is that your theme song when u with yo lady? :cool:

Yo Rome what's up with the "azz" track? Cool tune, but are u talking badd bout folks or is that your theme song when u with yo lady? :cool:

Nah, it was the topic of every other song I listened to at the time but they were saying it in a round about way... like that song No Hands...

I figured I'd just get to the point, lol.

I noticed that song titles normally piggy back each other. Like the hot topic of the month or something.

Kind of odd to me in a way. I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not. Like people call each other up and say "What are you writing about?...." and then they write something along the same line.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

i been producing for a year, i don't think i'm doing too bad considering how little time i was able to invest into beats

DunloopMusic - YouTube

That part sounds like you're practicing to make excuses along your journey.

Don't discredit your music, it is what it is. Do you think saying that will affect whether somebody will buy it or not.

If you were selling a car and said "I just waxed it and shampooed the carpet.... but it don't run..." would make people have sympathy and still buy it from you.

You also didn't sound confident. You said you don't think you're too bad. That didn't sound courageous to me.

Here's what you do... you sell your music. Be the Sham-Wow guy about your music. Oxy Clean guy. Make people feel like it'll work. Don't make them start to second guess based off of your lack of confidence in your product.

Your statement sounded like you were bracing yourself for a bad critique or comments. Never worry about those. If everybody liked the same things... what kind of world would this be. Make your music and present it. If you're not proud of it, don't expect anybody else to be.

Do you know how many times I've been called wack on here, lol... and I post more music than almost anybody

$0.02

Last edited:
Back