10 reasons you shouldn't get a job and do music

the site's doing maintenance. But I think this is shenanigans anyway. When your power gets turned off what are you gonna make beats on then? Are you gonna go out and get a real job or keep chasing the dream job?

Last edited:
It's so funny to me that people think being self employed is the same thing as being unemployed.

Being self employed is 2 - 3 times MORE work than working for someone else!

It's so funny to me that people think being self employed is the same thing as being unemployed.

I agree 100% I've never worked so hard in my life....and I'm still waiting on that raise....lol

1. Don't do music

2. Get into a good university and get a good degree

3. Get a real job (this could involve music if it's an educated job)

4. Succeed in life

Last edited:

Being self employed is definitely more work than working for someone else. This is why most people are not successful being self employed. Most people do not know how to hustle and how to work with supervision or direction. Most people need some form of authority in order to do work on a regular basis.

Most people need to go to school, get a degree, get a job, and be thankful.

I got I'd say a pretty good job, besides the drama and shit. I'm still poor and broke as a joke, but still making music not because that's how I want to get paid because that's my form of entertainment, as I have no money to go out. I'd rather take care of my family then be a self absorbed piece of shit and not.

why do you think everything's a scam? lol

i dont think everythings a scam, i think people are morons for the most part and dont understand things in context

everything he wrote in that post was right.. except for the part about being self-employed being 50x harder than being employed by a company and the statistics on failed self-owned businesses.

theres no disclaimers, theres no real advice, its just focusing on the negatives of having a "job". And thats stupid, if youre gonna give the advice give both sides of the story

theres no disclaimers, theres no real advice, its just focusing on the negatives of having a "job". And thats stupid, if youre gonna give the advice give both sides of the story

That is why he exists. He doesn't need to give specifics. He provides information to get people to think and criticize. His advice is not really meant to solve any problems. It is meant to get people to think a different way. His advice is tailored to people that do not really want to work in the first place. He already knows this and is not trying to convince skeptics or naysayers.

All self-help gurus are the same way. They just get people to think differently and be cynical to social norms. They do not really need to give their audience concrete answers. They know that their audience would rather hear things that make them feel good than hear things that would actually benefit them. If people do not feel good about your advice, they will resist. This is why many people are influenced by entertainment.

Last edited:
If people read the whole article...they'd realize what the guy is actually explaining.... He's not saying "Start your own business! Its a lot easier and beneficial than working for someone else!!"

Well, he is saying that......working for yourself in many ways is better than working for someone else...BUT....They dude states several times thru the article, or at least mentions, creating a business which works for itself.... Building a business system that generates profit 24/7..... That is more of what he is talking about. If you create a business which offers value, people will pay money, and you will make money 24/7 365..whether you're actually "working" or not..money is being generated at all times, and not just when you're physically working...

Thats what I got out of it at least... He's not saying that owning/running a business is easy....but once you create one that generates money itself...then what work do you really have to do? Once the system is running, and is self generating...you're set. Let the business run...and open another one....repeat the process. That, to me, is exactly what the article is saying.

Building a business system that generates profit 24/7.....

This is what everybody should be focused on. Its like the word business scares people, they start to think of big buildings and shit when you dont even need one. Thank god for the internet.

Last edited:
This is what everybody should be focused on. Its like the word business scares people, they start to think of big buildings and shit when you dont even need one. Thank god for the internet.

Businesses do generate profit 24/7. This is why corporations exist. The only problem is that hey do not generate a profit 24/7 for the people at the bottom. Even companies that generate profit 24/7 can go bankrupt. It happens all of the time.

There is no such thing as "free money". Either you do labor for money or you have someone doing the labor for you to make money.

scalable business and yes thank Elohim for giving man the intelligence and talents that can improve our lives while we are in the flesh

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Most businesses go under during the first few years. That' why is make sense to have extra capital for at least five years as a backup until the business, hopefully, catches on. My dad ran his own business for 30+ years and a watched him basically work at least 16hrs a day most of my life just to stay above the red. He made some good decisions and he made some bad ones, but it was far from easy. We were never rich, but he had enough to pay the bills. I support and respect any person who chooses to do their own thing, but its hard work to say the least and most start ups fail!

Back