Why are Mac computers so popular among producers?

Nah I don't have to look anything up were cool.

The mac vs pc debate will never die though and there will always be fanboys. I use my PC to use FL when I feel like making beats, and I like to record with my mic on my Mac because its portable, simple, and stable.

Without a doubt, Mac stuff is overpriced. Always has been. Even since the ipod. There has always been "mp3 players" with more features for less money. Are you paying for the name? Alot of times so.

There are some pluses to a mac though. If it breaks I can take it to the local Apple Center at the mall, and get it fixed or replaced while I shop around; which is pretty cool.

Speaking for the laptops, the one thing about a macbook that sets it apart from other laptops is its quality. It is very finely made and high quality. One could make the Timex vs Rolex "a watch is a watch" debate, and would be correct. But some people prefer a superior build quality; and in a Mac it is definitely evident.

Makes it moot as far as I care. I'm intelligent enough to know the kinds of things that spread viruses.

Like I said, Apple computer = $600 "stupid person" tax.

"It just works" -- for $600 more than the equivalent WINDOWS PC with the exact same hypothetical, benchmarked, and real-world-measured performance).

If Mac computers were the same price as WINDOWS PCs, then you could justify workflow preferences. Newsflash -- Mac computers are PCs now, but with a different OS ;)

well technically every computer can be a PC by its definition, but you know what we are talking about , and in this case, Macs are better PC's than dell pc's , if thats the case . either way i have a mac pro and i woulnt trade it for anyone's pc in here, while on the contrary, many pc owners here would trade with me if given the chance . Its a beautiful sight to wake up and see the mac pro there in my room. I also rather enjoy the praises the machine and I get when people visit and see it. I have never had someone visit and NOT comment on it with atleast an "OH, is that a MAC?". Its a good feeling , i am contented with my 3000 dollar computer . That feeling is easily worth the 3000 alone, but it also has nice specs , no viruses etc, which dont hurt

Last edited by a moderator:
if anything, i GUARANTEE you that the ratio of Mac to PC users changes atleast slightly in the "smarter" demo in favor of Mac . even the idea of someone like a TV writer entering a starbucks with a Mac laptop is a cliche ,and you have to be smart to be a writer obviously . Now insert "writer" with another profession where being intelligent is required .

LOL. This is a stupid shootout that proves nothing, but I'll play along since I'll end up winning and you'll have to resort to some other stupid sh!t.

My doctor uses a PC. He interfaces it with all of his scanning equipment to tell whether people have diseases.

His administration uses PCs. They use it to schedule and keep track of appointments, contact insurance companies for payment, and a ton of other "secretarial" work.

My lawyer uses a PC.

The college I went to used PCs exclusively.

The high school I went to before that used PCs exclusively.

The new Open Labs Miko and Neko instruments being endorsed by Timbaland (et. al, lol) series run a special version of Windows XP.

I could keep going, but seriously, that should be enough to convince you.

Mac+Starbucks is a cliche because Starbucks is a Mac-user cliche. A person who spends $600 more for a computer tends to spend $1-4 more for a coffee. Seems accurate, right? Mac users have a slight tendency to be skinny vegans as well -- it all seems to run in the same circle. Not saying that's specifically you, but there's a large enough group to allow me to generalize. Mac users also stereotypically drive Hybrid cars -- anything they can do to make themselves feel like they're better than everything else.
I would guess that they stereotypically have small penises, but that's just a guess ;)

Mac+Starbucks is a cliche because Starbucks is a Mac-user cliche. A person who spends $600 more for a computer tends to spend $1-4 more for a coffee. Seems accurate, right? Mac users have a slight tendency to be skinny vegans as well -- it all seems to run in the same circle. Not saying that's specifically you, but there's a large enough group to allow me to generalize. Mac users also stereotypically drive Hybrid cars -- anything they can do to make themselves feel like they're better than everything else.
I would guess that they stereotypically have small penises, but that's just a guess
;)

Psh. Some people....

Nah I don't have to look anything up were cool.

The mac vs pc debate will never die though and there will always be fanboys. I use my PC to use FL when I feel like making beats, and I like to record with my mic on my Mac because its portable, simple, and stable.

Without a doubt, Mac stuff is overpriced. Always has been. Even since the ipod. There has always been "mp3 players" with more features for less money. Are you paying for the name? Alot of times so.

There are some pluses to a mac though. If it breaks I can take it to the local Apple Center at the mall, and get it fixed or replaced while I shop around; which is pretty cool.

Speaking for the laptops, the one thing about a macbook that sets it apart from other laptops is its quality. It is very finely made and high quality. One could make the Timex vs Rolex "a watch is a watch" debate, and would be correct. But some people prefer a superior build quality; and in a Mac it is definitely evident.

Glad you can see some of my point. I agree that a Mac laptop usually has a sturdier build -- it's a sturdier build that often goes to waste. By the time you need a sturdier build (say... you drop your laptop), the shock from the impact will damage your internal components anyway, regardless of the casing.

The iPod series is actually interestingly LESS sturdy than its plastic competition -- I had an iPod touch that I was very satisfied with for 6 months, and then I dropped it. Boom. Done. Toast. Shattered. No warranty replacement, nothing. My plastic Samsung YP-2 has a touchscreen too, but I can count on it in the gym to hold up. On an unrelated note, I liked my iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen before it was stolen. I think it was just too shiny.

well technically every computer can be a PC by its definition, but you know what we are talking about , and in this case, Macs are better PC's than dell pc's , if thats the case . either way i have a mac pro and i woulnt trade it for anyone's pc in here, while on the contrary, many pc owners here would trade with me if given the chance . Its a beautiful sight to wake up and see the mac pro there in my room. I also rather enjoy the praises the machine and I get when people visit and see it. I have never had someone visit and NOT comment on it with atleast an "OH, is that a MAC?". Its a good feeling , i am contented with my 3000 dollar computer . That feeling is easily worth the 3000 alone, but it also has nice specs , no viruses etc, which dont hurt

I would hope you would be content with your $3000 computer, idk what more you could ask for. I dont understand how people not discriminating your computer purchase because its a Mac is worth $3000 though. Its not that serious. its a computer, not worth catching feelings over.

Wow. Gotta love how you're concerned with "winning" rather than generating useful and true information.

LOL. This is a stupid shootout that proves nothing, but I'll play along since I'll end up winning and you'll have to resort to some other stupid sh!t.

My doctor uses a PC. He interfaces it with all of his scanning equipment to tell whether people have diseases.

His administration uses PCs. They use it to schedule and keep track of appointments, contact insurance companies for payment, and a ton of other "secretarial" work.

My lawyer uses a PC.

The college I went to used PCs exclusively.

The high school I went to before that used PCs exclusively.

The new Open Labs Miko and Neko instruments being endorsed by Timbaland (et. al, lol) series run a special version of Windows XP.

I could keep going, but seriously, that should be enough to convince you.

I would guess that they stereotypically have small penises, but that's just a guess ;)

LOL, typical PC user . Notice your contradiction in attitude towards teh idea of "winning" . Secondly let me explain why your high school had PCs. Pcs are cheaper. Now let me explain why your doctor and lawyer uses a PC. Your doctor and lawyer dont make a living with their computers, they simply need something that can run windows 98 for the needs they have ,furthermore, the doctor isnt walking around with his computer and thus isnt concerned about the second aspect, that of the aesthetic . Not only do the lawyer or doctor not require a good computer, since the percentage of work involving them using a computer is so minimal, but they have the luxury of having ugly computers since they are just in some room in a building somewhere. All these scenarios you described conjure up images of PC's from the late 90's , running windows 98 with a monitor displaying gthe whites with a yellowish tinge . So i agree with you there, these scenerios certainly do call for PCs

Glad you can see some of my point. I agree that a Mac laptop usually has a sturdier build -- it's a sturdier build that often goes to waste. By the time you need a sturdier build (say... you drop your laptop), the shock from the impact will damage your internal components anyway, regardless of the casing.

The iPod series is actually interestingly LESS sturdy than its plastic competition -- I had an iPod touch that I was very satisfied with for 6 months, and then I dropped it. Boom. Done. Toast. Shattered. No warranty replacement, nothing. My plastic Samsung YP-2 has a touchscreen too, but I can count on it in the gym to hold up. On an unrelated note, I liked my iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen before it was stolen. I think it was just too shiny.

well since PC users are more prone to dropping their devices , the devices are better equipped to take nasty hits, albeit at the cost being of stocky and looking like they were built in 2002

So, I post this:

I would guess that they stereotypically have small penises, but that's just a guess

and then, a few posts later:

Its a beautiful sight to wake up and see the mac pro there in my room. I also rather enjoy the praises the machine and I get when people visit and see it. I have never had someone visit and NOT comment on it with atleast an "OH, is that a MAC?". Its a good feeling , i am contented with my 3000 dollar computer .

Thanks, "California" for being such a perfect example. Inverted, you seem cool, but this "California" dude is your stereotypical Mac user.

LOL, typical PC user . Notice your contradiction in attitude towards teh idea of "winning" . Secondly let me explain why your high school had PCs. Pcs are cheaper. Now let me explain why your doctor and lawyer uses a PC. Your doctor and lawyer dont make a living with their computers, they simply need something that can run windows 98 for the needs they have ,furthermore, the doctor isnt walking around with his computer and thus isnt concerned about the second aspect, that of the aesthetic . Not only do the lawyer or doctor not require a good computer, since the percentage of work involving them using a computer is so minimal, but they have the luxury of having ugly computers since they are just in some room in a building somewhere. All these scenarios you described conjure up images of PC's from the late 90's , running windows 98 with a monitor displaying gthe whites with a yellowish tinge . So i agree with you there, these scenerios certainly do call for PCs

Gotta love how you claim that doctors, schools, businesses, and professional music producers don't need good computers, that they don't "make a living from their computers"...

and you think a writer, of all people, needs a high-performance machine?

I could be using an ancient computer and running Windows 98 to do all of the tasks that a writer needs to perform on a routine basis!

as a matter of fact, i have not dropped my Ipod Touch once, and the only time it WAS dropped ,was when i allowedt my friend hold it (who happens to coincidentally be a PC user)

as a matter of fact, i have not dropped my Ipod Touch once, and the only time it WAS dropped ,was when i allowedt my friend hold it (who happens to coincidentally be a PC user)

???

I don't understand your point. My point is that if you DO drop it, it shatters easily -- completely contrary to the popular "Apple build quality" concept. Mine was knocked out of my hand by my 8-year-old relative onto a tile floor by him yanking the earbud cable as he was playing and chasing someone. The earbuds stayed in my ears and the iPod shattered.

Build quality is a great concept, since unpredictable things happen -- but Apple's "build quality" is a facade. These things break just like anything else, and sometimes more easily.

???

I don't understand your point. My point is that if you DO drop it, it shatters easily -- completely contrary to the popular "Apple build quality" concept. Mine was knocked out of my hand by my 8-year-old relative onto a tile floor by him yanking the earbud cable as he was playing and chasing someone. The earbuds stayed in my ears and the iPod shattered.

Build quality is a great concept, since unpredictable things happen -- but Apple's "build quality" is a facade. These things break just like anything else, and sometimes more easily.

Well thats partially from the device being 50% one glass lcd screen. A problem with anything made of glass; as for Apples lcds; I imagine they are fairly thin. I know the coating they use on their ipods is incredibly thin and I was surprised with how easily my ipod had scratched compared to my well built Zune. Apple definitely cuts costs; the same as all manufacturers do.

PCs are cheap? Or do you mean that since you can have pretty much an infinite number of configurations that you can build a low cost PC pretty easily. But on the high end, well, I have machines that have topped 10k with video cards that cost as much your Mac Pro.

At the time I built my dual Opteron system it flat out buried anything Apple had to offer it wasn't even a competition, and when I built my latest workstation I REALLY considered an Apple, spent plenty of time with a consultant, but ended up with a PC that was just as fast as the fastest MacPro with options not available to Apple, and it was 6k cheaper. A few hundred wouldn't be a big deal, a thousand at the price point I was at wouldn't have been a deal breaker, but I expect a whole lot more for 6K than looks, in fact I expected over 200% performance increase, but was miserably disappointed. In raw speed the Apple machine was slower for my application. Also a doctor inputting text into fields while taking insurance info is a lot different than the PCs used to run positron emission scanners that make almost real time 3d scans of living human brains. Although I am sure those more often are neither, and are custom *nix machines.

This is not mentioning that Maya has had plenty of issues on OSX, and wasn't even available on OSX for a long time. However I like my MacBook Pro for audio. It's been pretty decent, but I didn't have to pay for it. I choose to have both and don't find them all that significant in differences. I can hop back and forth and use the same hotkeys and all that across my software. My PC has crashed, my Mac crashes too. I've had failures on both systems, and found them to be equally frustrating when they don't do my bidding. My PC absolutely crushes my Apple when it comes to graphics performance. I play on my Apple, I do big boy work on my PC :sing:

PCs are cheap? Or do you mean that since you can have pretty much an infinite number of configurations that you can build a low cost PC pretty easily. But on the high end, well, I have machines that have topped 10k with video cards that cost as much your Mac Pro.

At the time I built my dual Opteron system it flat out buried anything Apple had to offer it wasn't even a competition, and when I built my latest workstation I REALLY considered an Apple, spent plenty of time with a consultant, but ended up with a PC that was just as fast as the fastest MacPro with options not available to Apple, and it was 6k cheaper. A few hundred wouldn't be a big deal, a thousand at the price point I was at wouldn't have been a deal breaker, but I expect a whole lot more for 6K than looks, in fact I expected over 200% performance increase, but was miserably disappointed. In raw speed the Apple machine was slower for my application. Also a doctor inputting text into fields while taking insurance info is a lot different than the PCs used to run positron emission scanners that make almost real time 3d scans of living human brains. Although I am sure those more often are neither, and are custom *nix machines.

This is not mentioning that Maya has had plenty of issues on OSX, and wasn't even available on OSX for a long time. However I like my MacBook Pro for audio. It's been pretty decent, but I didn't have to pay for it. I choose to have both and don't find them all that significant in differences. I can hop back and forth and use the same hotkeys and all that across my software. My PC has crashed, my Mac crashes too. I've had failures on both systems, and found them to be equally frustrating when they don't do my bidding. My PC absolutely crushes my Apple when it comes to graphics performance. I play on my Apple, I do big boy work on my PC :sing:

thats a long post there, but like i said , im very happy with my Apple® Mac Pro. I can run all the AUs i want with no slow down , it looks awesome, no viruses etc. I am very contented indeed :):):):) (other peple love my Mac Pro™ machine aswell :) )

I am going to get my Mac Pro Intel 8 core 2.66Ghz with the Nehalem chip snow leopard tomorrow! Doing music I will never use another PC!

Last edited:
thats a long post there, but like i said , im very happy with my Apple® Mac Pro. I can run all the AUs i want with no slow down , it looks awesome, no viruses etc. I am very contented indeed :):):):) (other peple love my Mac Pro™ machine aswell :) )

Holy Sh!t! :cry:

You have to laugh @ the "®" sign after "Apple" (oooh, that sure is nifty, kid!) and the "™" sign after "Mac Pro".

And then there is more cause for laughter, as this kid didn't actually reply AT ALL to the post he quoted, simply saying "that's a long post right there".
For the few of you who don't already understand what this translates to, it means "I don't have a response to what you've said. You have out-argued me. I will now result to subjective feelings rather than logical facts".

To any intelligent Mac owners out there -- this is the kid you have to prevent from representing you. This "California" kid represents the stereotype formed of Mac owners by the rest of the world.

Last edited:
For the few of you who don't already understand what this translates to, it means "I don't have a response to what you've said. You have out-argued me. I will now result to subjective feelings rather than logical facts".

To any intelligent Mac owners out there -- this is the kid you have to prevent from representing you. This "California" kid represents the stereotype formed of Mac owners by the rest of the world.

AHHHHHHHHH
36_2_34.gif

You are wild lol dam that is some slick noted work of seeing through a person like a glass house lol

36_2_34.gif

Holy Sh!t! :cry:

You have to laugh @ the "®" sign after "Apple" (oooh, that sure is nifty, kid!) and the "™" sign after "Mac Pro".

And then there is more cause for laughter, as this kid didn't actually reply AT ALL to the post he quoted, simply saying "that's a long post right there".

actually what that meant is that I didn't read that post lol

Back