Who's using loops?

I ****ing love loops. I don't give a ****. I been using shit like George Duke Soul Treasures and that shit is dope as hell.

A lot of industry producers use loops - Timbaland, Hit-Boy, Boi-1da, T-Minus, KE. Just to name a few.
There's nothing wrong about doing it.

I got loops for sale. Holla at me. Loops that will help you with beat sales. TIme for me to start targeting yall...

wait.......the question should be "who spends money on loops?" Not many.....

With hip-hop I never use loops, but when it comes to house I usually use about 2-3 different percussion loops and get them working well with each other...

Where are yall getting loops from though??

I been looking for some decent, AFFORDABLE, rhythm guitar loops... I can't seem to find a way to make realistic guitar parts in software and cant afford to hire a guitarist right now.

Any ideas??

a good place to find loops is from your D.A.W. As far as I know every D.A.W. gives you a group of loops on the install disk

Why is BIGFISH still in business? Not all of us used cracked/downloaded stuff. For example, I'm still using pro tools 6.1 and waves and URS bundle a studio gave me 10 years ago. I have George Clinton sample cd's, the Public Enemy sample cd, magic sample cds, big fish, acid, etc. The real joints, with actual cd cases, not something downloaded from the net. And like Kelevra said, your daw will pretty much come with a gangload of loops anyway. I have a pro tools disc that I've yet to install and I know it has a gangload of loops and plugins on it. And then I have an mpc 4000 and a mv8000, two pieces of equipment collecting dust, that have a shit load of loops. But yeah, if I feel like working with one I'll do it. If not I'll play my own shit on the boards or have one of my guys come in and play. But I'm not the type of cat who can take a record, sample it and turn it into something. The reason for that is I don't have the talent for it, nor do I have the time to try to find out what key it's in, the exact bpm, etc, so I take my hat off to cats who can take a record, chop it up and come with some shit.

But anyway, no one should try to limit anyone's sound. If you use the sound of someones momma gettin bashed in a bathroom stall, and turn that shit into something hot, have at it. Hip hop was made on sampling and using other peoples shit, old school r&b, rock & roll and just about every other form of music out there is based on taking someone else's shit and doing something with it. At the end of the day does the shit knock? Does it make someones head bob, does it make a nigga start rappin out loud and you wishin in your head "I wish this nigga would shut the **** up"? Did you sell it? That's all that matters. What did you do with it and did you sell it.

Last edited:

I been looking for some decent, AFFORDABLE, rhythm guitar loops... I can't seem to find a way to make realistic guitar parts in software and cant afford to hire a guitarist right now.

Any ideas??

Big Fish Audio | Music Loops, Drum Loops and Virtual Instruments

but look for sample libraries with MIDI files that way you can do deep editing and come up with something more orginal

like from this company
BigCitiLoops.com | Funk Instrumentals, Jazz Loops, Neo Soul Samples, Gospel Construction Kits, Hip Hop Downloads, Dirty South Beats

-Coach Antonio

Any ideas??
Big fish audio is probably the best source. It really depends on what is affordable to you. To me $99 is very affordable to just **** off money for something like a loop library I might not ever use. For someone else its a ton of money but $20 may be more realistic. I hate the term affordable because its all based on what one wants to get.

I used to be against it, but there's nothing wrong with it. 90% of the time I'll flip the loop differently from how it first was, but sometimes I just loop it for 4 bars and build around it. Whatever gets the vibe going. Thinking too much about music is never good. If it sounds good to you, it will sound good to others. Same as looping as sample minus the clearance costs. Many hits use loops. Shit, "Love In This Club" was ALL loops with drums added. I'll take a hit made off of loops, I don't care lol.

I like the ideas that N.I are developing. They just not moving fast enough. Make you wait til the next versions of Komplete because they are running out of ideas to take new and old customer's money. I got Funk Guitarist wishing for Acoustic Guitarist, Rock Guitarist, Jazz Guitarist, Spanish Guitarist. By the time they bring out all of those I would have learned a real guitar and spent money on a 12 string.

The strain on a brain going through literally 1000's of guitar licks that are 2 -5 seconds long each... just to find one that's close to the one in my head for a part of a song......
Aint-Nobody-got-time-for-that.gif

Last edited:
Rome I think you're missing the point of making hiphop beats to begin with.

The goal is to make a fresh and interesting composition (regardless of the method) that would best accompany and compliment a rap artist's lyrics/vocals. If you want to make original jazz compositions or original funk compositions than maybe you should be a jazz or funk guitarist, not a hiphop producer/beatmaker.

This a genre that doesn't/never has operated by the same rules that other genres are governed by. Learning music theory/scales/chords is fine, but in the end if you refuse to use ALL the tools at your disposal, you're only limiting your own self. Which is never a good thing.

Last edited:
I like the ideas that N.I are developing. They just not moving fast enough. Make you wait til the next versions of Komplete because they are running out of ideas to take new and old customer's money. I got Funk Guitarist wishing for Acoustic Guitarist, Rock Guitarist, Jazz Guitarist, Spanish Guitarist. By the time they bring out all of those I would have learned a real guitar and spent money on a 12 string.

The strain on a brain going through literally 1000's of guitar licks that are 2 -5 seconds long each... just to find one that's close to the one in my head for a part of a song......

You don't need to be a proficient guitar player at all to build a track using a real guitar, you can add one chord at a time if you really need too, or sample and make your own loops as opposed to relying on commercial guitar loops........however as I have said many times on FP when people have accused me of over thinking things, making the effort to learn properly now will pay dividends in terms of effort latter, so learning how to play the guitar has far more value than cheating........but as using a guitar VST is cheating anyway you might as well pick up the real thing.

^^^^true. It all takes time. And with time comes a reward. Loading up guitar licks is easy when there is no idea to start with. But then......you at work and your brain is thinking of jammin ass riff.............you want to create that jammin ass riff.........then have to chop up the beginning of lick #2650, the middle part of lick #124, and have to pitch shift the end of lick 4685..........just to find you wasted a whole Saturday searching for licks to put together and not get close to what's in your head. Sucks!!! But it is rewarding if you can make it work how you want it to.......even though you deserve a whole lot more credit for how you created it...it will still be a "guitar lick" that I could've called Guitarhut Delivery to stop buy and play for me.....30 seconds and their out. Cost me $20.....$20 bucks well spent. Forget all of that searching. Then a bunch of the companies selling loops don't tell you the key, chords, don't have them organized or nothing.....just a bingo ball of loops.

Where is Guitarhut when I need them??!!!?? Hell...they can have me a nice five topping large pizza and a 2 liter also........you know what......I might try to make that happen. Welcome to the future. I'm going to open up a Guitarhut all across the world!!!!!!!! Move over Bill Gates. Money for nothing......til others catch on...hopefully I can make a few million before that happens. Guitar licks delivered to your door in 30 minutes or less.

Now hiring. Must have automobile, driver's license, a bass, electric, and acoustic guitar, and know how to play various songs on each. Starting pay is 15/hr. Don't forget to tip the driver.

If you are going to cheat....dammit.....cheat the right way. Call us....Guitarhut.....we will provide that professional lick that is in your brain....or the one coming out of your mouth...."chikawahwaaaaaahchikachikachikawaaaaaaaaaaaah" NO PROBLEM!!!!!

lmao! I cracks me up!

Let's go Pacers!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Deliver another ass whoopin game 7 baby!!!

Last edited:
There are already a few on-line session musician services, but I think the real innovation here is combining that with pizza, just don't order a Hawaiian pizza unless you want a big Samoan dude to turn up and play what ever the hell he wants on his Ukulele.

I used to be against it, but there's nothing wrong with it. 90% of the time I'll flip the loop differently from how it first was, but sometimes I just loop it for 4 bars and build around it. Whatever gets the vibe going. Thinking too much about music is never good. If it sounds good to you, it will sound good to others. Same as looping as sample minus the clearance costs. Many hits use loops. Shit, "Love In This Club" was ALL loops with drums added. I'll take a hit made off of loops, I don't care lol.
Exactly. Shit I was just making a beat with percussion loops a few minutes ago. Straight from the Reason factory sound bank. Took some horn loops from the Disco School refill and some brass from soul school for stabs here and there played some bass and keys with it and called it a day. I'll arrange it later but this beat is dope and I got the ideas out fast.

Real talk you can use loops and some many artists will purchase those beats just like that cause they sound good right... It's all about the end product...
So for sure you can sell beats using loops, who would know.
But one thing though, I think it would be kind of weak to say go in the studio with an artist and bust out loop packs, just my opinion though

Back