Who's using loops?

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
Don't you feel guilty when you use loops?

... knowing you really didn't do anything...

maybe it's just a personal thing.

Hell no I don't feel guilty for using a loop. If I take a loop of a guitar riff that came from a sample cd, make my own drums, add a bassline, add this, add that, whatever, why should I feel guilty? If I take a drum loop/pattern from a sample cd, add my own bassline, my own guitars, add this, add that, whatever, why should I feel guilty?

No guilt for using TOOLS as they were intended. No guilt in using TOOLS as they weren't intended.

I never use people's premade drum loops unless they have a nice classic break sound to them.

I use a lot of guitar loops.......but I picked me up a guitar so I can get the exact sound I hear in my head instead of chopping different parts to get as close as possible.

Getting this on preorder......no more 808 kick and boom samples for me. I never trusted that lex 808.....could be a 192 mp3 file in disguise.
Korg Volca Beats | Sweetwater.com

I cheat sometimes......I got a library of Rhode chords...........at the press of a key. I don't feel guilty.....I feel evil. Fell like Tony Montana. "you want to play ruff huh......bliiiiiiiiiiiiing (sound of a rhode chord at the press of a key)".........everyone in the room is wowed......off of one chord......Whodini. You can never fail with a rhodes chord beat.......everyone loves a rhode's chord beat.

One thing I've learned......nobody cares about your workflow except you. All that matters is the final product.

You know the real difference between the good and a bad beat?????

Nobody cares who made the bad one... :hmmm:

The way i look it is you got these professional producers and beat makers that can pay musicians to come in and play instruments for them that they can then mix into there beat. Since most of us don't have those kind of funds we use samples or loops which is basically doing what they do except its alot cheaper. Like some other folks on here already said, who cares how you make it as long as its dope.

There are two kinds of loops there are proper loops which cycle autonomously and then there are faux loops that are actually just single shot samples played in such a way that they sound like a proper loop, faux loops are the most common because most people still don't know how to cut a proper loop which was understandable back when hardware displayed time as gibberish numbers based on sample rates but with software now displaying time properly there is no reason not to cut a proper loop which can be used both ways.

I like to use proper loops to weave a beat out of different elements, for example I might combine a shaker loop with that of a tambourine loop and unlike playing a faux loop with polyphony set so it's played with one finger I play proper loops by holding chords and shifting the timing relationships between the elements.

i got more money for selling my beats for loops than from selling these beats to the rappers, so yeah, i dont use loops.

Even if I use a loop, I can't use the whole thing. I crop it by adjusting the end points... at least I did something to it. I'll take a tiny part of it... just can't slap the whole thing in my song. It feels dirty.

Do you buy KFC chicken and claim you made it? Same thing...

I do get that the final product matters the most but ... I don't know, I think I'll rather have my mediocre keyboard playing and drum patterns and have somebody tell me it's good than somebody giving me praise about something I didn't do...

Who says "I MADE THAT WITH LOOPS!!!" when somebody gives you props on your music... anyone?

I believe my wife can make a hot song with loops...

Do your thing though.

I remember this dude in HS that used to like my GF. He was on the football team but was never good enough to get playing time. He would suit up for the games and go home without a grass stain on him. He used to sit next to me in the class and act like he had done something when they won. I used to tell him to STFU because he was a cheerleader without Pom Pom's. I used ask him "What did you do to help win the game? You didn't even play..." He would get mad but I was on the "Rasslin'" team and they could see me out there foldin' fools up on the mat. Don't take credit for someone else's efforts!

I guess it's none of my business, again - personal preference. Personally, I think you should practice enough to make what YOU want.

To all of you samplers, the person that made the sample did all of the hard work because they had to learn theory, chords and scales... then here you come... "choppin', flippin' and slicin'... what you do sounds more like something a cook would do than a musician...

Learn the hard stuff or confess that you used loops when somebody likes your songs. Don't sit there and have people thinking you made that pattern when you didn't.

... ducks and runs out of thread.

Last edited:
I just sold a track that had two guitar loops in it. The money will go towards a new computer I've been wanting to build. I didn't chop up shit. What I did was make a drumline around the loops, had my folks play bass, then I went back and played keys, synth, horns, pads, etc from the fantom and motif and kept it all in the same key.

His payment was props.

Last edited:
whos using loops?? pfff just about everybody whos anybody in the industry, and they can get away with it smh its the way it is the labels cover their ass they got the contacts to do so!

Even if I use a loop, I can't use the whole thing. I crop it by adjusting the end points... at least I did something to it. I'll take a tiny part of it... just can't slap the whole thing in my song. It feels dirty.

Do you buy KFC chicken and claim you made it? Same thing...

I do get that the final product matters the most but ... I don't know, I think I'll rather have my mediocre keyboard playing and drum patterns and have somebody tell me it's good than somebody giving me praise about something I didn't do...

Who says "I MADE THAT WITH LOOPS!!!" when somebody gives you props on your music... anyone?

I believe my wife can make a hot song with loops...

Do your thing though.

I remember this dude in HS that used to like my GF. He was on the football team but was never good enough to get playing time. He would suit up for the games and go home without a grass stain on him. He used to sit next to me in the class and act like he had done something when they won. I used to tell him to STFU because he was a cheerleader without Pom Pom's. I used ask him "What did you do to help win the game? You didn't even play..." He would get mad but I was on the "Rasslin'" team and they could see me out there foldin' fools up on the mat. Don't take credit for someone else's efforts!

I guess it's none of my business, again - personal preference. Personally, I think you should practice enough to make what YOU want.

To all of you samplers, the person that made the sample did all of the hard work because they had to learn theory, chords and scales... then here you come... "choppin', flippin' and slicin'... what you do sounds more like something a cook would do than a musician...

Learn the hard stuff or confess that you used loops when somebody likes your songs. Don't sit there and have people thinking you made that pattern when you didn't.

... ducks and runs out of thread.

session players. That's all loops are really made to replace. Joe Schmo can't get no guitar session player. he finds a guitar loop instead.
And on that football team analogy if he's on the practice squad that scrimmages against the starters all week then he plays a part. the whole week that team plays against the starters so that they might get an idea of how the opponent plays. his game uniform may be clean, but his practice one could be dirty as hell. lol

Romey Rome I don't look for props from other producers anymore

I look to get my grind on period

make music and sell it that's it

if you're a hobbylist like you are focus on making great music that other producers will like

because that's what ppl with hobbies do you share your work for props even if you don't need it

no coming at you like I'm a elite producer just saying

do I use loops or make everything myself

I will never tell

I don't need to
I just make good music and keep it pushing

and you grew up with 90's rap come on man!!!! sample based music all day

even in the south and the west Dr. Dre the king of loops and session players chop and loop their stuff up

get your wife to make hot beats with loops and sell them for extra gas money

now Romey Rome grab your glow sticks and give props on my EDM track lol ha..ha..hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait I don't need props I need money for taking my family out and retirement

so I don't spend my whole work check up!!!

-Coach Antonio
Glory to Yahweh

Last edited:
I'm talking about the creative process. You aren't that creative if you don't really create your music. You "arrange" other peoples music.

They had to take the time to learn theory, they had to make the patterns and melodies... they are the REAL musicians.

All I'm saying is.... it's more satisfying to me to know that I made the song that people tell me is good. I can't sit there and put FUNKY DRUMMER under a song and have somebody tell me "Damn! You Killed it on the drums!"... a part of me would be like "I really didn't though..."

It's almost like putting on a strap on and screwing some chick in the dark and she gives you props for puttin' it down...

^^^^ same thing.

Eventually, she'll ask you to take a shower with her and you'll have to tell her you don't believe in washing your ass or something...

Make you own ish... that's all I'm saying... or at least rearrange the loop or something.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the creative process. You aren't that creative if you don't really create your music. You "arrange" other peoples music.

They had to take the time to learn theory, they had to make the patterns and melodies... they are the REAL musicians.

All I'm saying is.... it's more satisfying to me to know that I made the song that people tell me is good. I can't sit there and put FUNKY DRUMMER under a song and have somebody tell me "Damn! You Killed it on the drums!"... a part of me would be like "I really didn't though..."

It's almost like putting on a strap on and screwing some chick in the dark and she gives you props for puttin' it down...

^^^^ same thing.

Eventually, she'll ask you to take a shower with her and you'll have to tell her you don't believe in washing your ass or something...

Make you own ish... that's all I'm saying... or at least rearrange the loop or something.

in this day and age a artist doesn't want to see you make a beat they just want the beat

unless they are interested in making their own beats

I never had a artist ask me
so you made that drumloop and you made that lead synth??

I been asked
how much for that beat

I been asked
can I have that beat for free

I never ran into having to explain how I made a beat

so I don't need to wash up(make a beat in front of anyone)

but at the same time I'm moving away from working with artists anyway

it's a hassle really

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Back