Whos the next great rapper?

"new rapper, one that he says will astonish the rap world with his skills"

that did it for me right there. lol.

rhythm22 said:
Cassidy- don’t laugh if you didn't hear him ripping Benie Siegel when he called out any rapper in the Roc hold your comments. Download it then respond.
Are you talkin about the battle they recorded in a studio and all the Roc and RR cats where there includin Jay, Swizz, Dee, Wah etc? If so, I'm pretty sure that was Freeway, not Sigel.

Whoever said Styles P, I agree.. thats one of the most underrated cats in the game. And his solo album was better than Jada's first. But I'm sure Jada will come back hard on this next joint.

I think it's not gonna be for a while until people all agree on who the next great rapper will be. Not because there's no talent out there, it's because we just can't be amazed. We've seen all the gimmicks, so we know better than to be quick to agree with the majority of the Hip-Hop nation who the next great rapper is.

I feel like we're all on alert cuz we've seen it all before and we think we're too smart to be fooled into believing everything we see or hear. So I think the next great rapper will have to come from out of nowhere and completely wow us or we will have to reflect on retired or dead rappers to fill that spot.

BoutBeats said:
Not because there's no talent out there,
Yeah, its exactly because theres no talent out there.
Yo, its real funny to me how you youngins turned hip-hop into this talentless, copycat commercial gimmick, and now your tryin to see if you can salvage a legend outta this bunch. HA! It aint gunna happen.

kaliyl said:

Yeah, its exactly because theres no talent out there.
Yo, its real funny to me how you youngins turned hip-hop into this talentless, copycat commercial gimmick, and now your tryin to see if you can salvage a legend outta this bunch. HA! It aint gunna happen.
Ummmm yeah, like everything on the radio is what we all base our opinions on. There IS talent out there, the only problem with you is you refuse to see it and everybody here knows it.

BoutBeats said:

Ummmm yeah, like everything on the radio is what we all base our opinions on. There IS talent out there, the only problem with you is you refuse to see it and everybody here knows it.

Than yall dont know sh!t, cuz i do recognize talent when i hear it. I think theres alot of mc's who got flow, and def got potential. But like i said, people wanna hear the latest gimmick, so these mc's aint masterin their craft, there just doin what their told is hot.
Me personally, i would have to say nas. He seem like he been down all them streets, and decided to bring it back to skill. These other cats gunna have to learn the same damn lesson he did, if they wanna have a shot at bein one of the greats.

kaliyl said:

Than yall dont know sh!t, cuz i do recognize talent when i hear it. I think theres alot of mc's who got flow, and def got potential. But like i said, people wanna hear the latest gimmick, so these mc's aint masterin their craft, there just doin what their told is hot.
Me personally, i would have to say nas. He seem like he been down all them streets, and decided to bring it back to skill. These other cats gunna have to learn the same damn lesson he did, if they wanna have a shot at bein one of the greats.
Say what you want, but from what I gather (and I feel many can co-sign), is that it seems you filter out anything remotely thuggish or what the streets are feeling. I hate to say it, but you are seriously out of tune with the times so it's kinda hard to take your opinion into consideration.

Oh, and believe it or not, gimmicks didn't just begin after '95, they've been around for a minute. Yeah, even the Afrocentric sound you hold so dearly was a gimmick at one point. So please don't come at us with that "yungins" crap.

BoutBeats said:

Say what you want, but from what I gather (and I feel many can co-sign), is that it seems you filter out anything remotely thuggish or what the streets are feeling. I hate to say it, but you are seriously out of tune with the times so it's kinda hard to take your opinion into consideration.

Oh, and believe it or not, gimmicks didn't just begin after '95, they've been around for a minute. Yeah, even the Afrocentric sound you hold so dearly was a gimmick at one point. So please don't come at us with that "yungins" crap.

nah brah, yall just dont know nuthin bout no real music. yall just aint original no more, dont get mad. now 10,000 songs with the same drum beat rappin about how nice your dj is or how f.cked up the white man is...now THATS original. fukk all this crunk sh.t. that mess will be forgotten. i listen to real man hip hop.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if he's the next big thing but the album im definitely waitin for is the one of NAPOLEON(2pac group OUTLAWZ member) his album is produced by JOHNNY J whos responsible for pac's success such as DEAR MAMA and lots more...

m22 said:
I dont know if he's the next big thing but the album im definitely waitin for is the one of NAPOLEON(2pac group OUTLAWZ member) his album is produced by JOHNNY J whos responsible for pac's success such as DEAR MAMA and lots more...
Not to nit pick but Dear Mama was produced by Tony Pizarro, DF Master Tee & Moses.

But anyways, Johnny J is tight.

There is a lot of talent out there, but that is not what all it takes to be great.

1. You got to make each part of the country feel you. ( For an example. I like Ghostface, but trust me, many folk down here aint feeling that )

2. Good production. ( For an example. Production killed Canibus. Swissbeatz come with some off da chain $#!t sometimes, but there is always 3 or 4 songs on the albums he produce that sucks. )

3. Versatility ( For an example. How many artist do you know that is crucial with the lyrics and punchlines, but can't make a club hit or vice or versa? )

4. Promotion ( self explainatory )

5. Keep the women happy ( They buy your s#!t )

6. Hooks ( When your hooks are nice, people will take a chance and listen to what you have to say )

we.........U.N.I. will be the next great rappers to hit the scene. look out for us!

Underground Nation of Independence
Under No one's Influence

forgive me for talkin shyt, but aint no one, not even most people in the industry, is fukkin with U.N.I.

im gonna say the ppl i expecting to blow up in the next year gonna be

1.Young Rome - got them young boi good looks with a mad gruff voice and sum stuttery flow, mainstream but thats what blows up - ain't noone mentioned rakim or mos def or nothing alongside biggie and pac cos they ain't mainstream

2.Juelz Santana - just wait til he starts making sense i'm sure he's gotta have sum appeal to the girlies and the boysies for a good time. who don't wanna walk like dipset anthem haha

3. Nas is as highly regarded as jay-z i don't know where yall bin sleeping, but nas is the only rapper that gets gritty street rap on to the radio year in year out, i mean change clothes is pretty real...but. haha

4.anyhow everyone knows beanie is gonna be a great, peedi crack gonna throw down hits and i have a feeling ja is gonna drop something to regain a bit of respect from yall haters. for a 2 foot high nigga he got big nutso'z and i respect that haha and he did as many songs as possible iwth j-lo and ashanti... take advantage of sitatutions i say ;)

Back