Whos the next great rapper?

Yo MASE is back!! He gona kill everybody in this rap game! Hes the best! By the way hes the favorite rapper of Kanye West! So i guess hes da next big thing!

kontak80 said:

Correction, TRL may have domination over Main Stream Rap Music, but they dont dominate HipHop. HipHop is a lifestyle, a way of talking, an attitude, a sense of "self" to some. They are affiliated with one another, seeing that rap is a major part of HipHop culture, but not the same. To answer your question, yes and no. Rap is going through transistion phase right now(redefining itself). Just like rap has done numerous times in the 20+ years since its creation. For someone to rely on BET and MTV to bring them and feed them what they believe is to be "the best" then that person has been wrongfully misled. TRL, and such, barely scratch the surface.

Of course, it's only mainstream and TRL is gay, but I just feel hip hop is less original these days.

I'm not saying this because I don't like hip hop, I think that if you love something, you can critisise aspects of it. Hip hop is my favourite genre, bar none. Like you, I'm more into the Jadakisses than the Nellys, but it just pisses me off when you see people coming along trying to make money off of other people's styles...and it's happening too much.

kontak80 said:
Yeah, I feel you. Tical and Nas are the only two Im anticipating this year.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to both them albums. I'm gonna get Tical O pretty soon, along with new Pete Rock.

1005 said:
i heard while back this song by Mad Skills, whatever happened to him? the song i heard was Mad funny, and it sounded like he had some skills.

He ghostwrites a hell of alot and he always does a year in review song at the beginning of each year where he raps up all the events hes really tight a true lyricist. But he never jumped off the way he should have but i know he ghostwrites a hell of alot

DS said:
i dont think anybody has what it takes now to get that biggie/tupac/jay status thats in the game right now. there's a lotta talented people, but they either arent popular or showing any progression in skill...and thats not gonna make em great. i'd love for it to be somebody like jadakiss, but if he hasnt done it by now, he probably never will. same goes for nas, TI, etc.

it'll probably be some new guy aint nobody heard of yet
are you staing that nas isn't in the elite class of m.c.'s such as pac, big, and jay? please tell me i'm misinterpetating what you're saying here.

There are three rappers who will dominate the game:

Dylan, Dylan and Dylan :D

young professa said:

are you staing that nas isn't in the elite class of m.c.'s such as pac, big, and jay? please tell me i'm misinterpetating what you're saying here.

he deserves to be, but u cant tell me with a straight face that the public sees it that way.

DS said:

he deserves to be, but u cant tell me with a straight face that the public sees it that way.

Good point. I mean, he's my favourite rapper who is actually active in hip hop today, but unlike Jay, Biggie or Pac, he just doesn't know how to keep the right balance between commercial hits and material for the heads.

YoungHove said:

Good point. I mean, he's my favourite rapper who is actually active in hip hop today, but unlike Jay, Biggie or Pac, he just doesn't know how to keep the right balance between commercial hits and material for the heads.
wow, okay i always thought that that's what made nas who he is. when you mention the "best" mc's in the latest era these names will always be mentioned, big, pac, jay and NAS. hell these are the guy's we'll be yapping about to our kids when they're blasting some futuristic "spacecowboy" hip hop music upstairs in their bedrooms annoying the f*uck out of us! i won't get started on this debate it's been beaten to death too many times so phuck it......nas is one of the elite rapper of all time.

Last edited:
What the f@ck!!???

Why you guys acting like I dissed Nas?

Nas is my favourite rapper, but I think that to be the world's favourite rapper you have to have a little commercial appeal as well. That's all I'm saying.

young professa said:

man PHUCK tha public!! what do YOU say?

first of all...calm the **** down

now i could sit here & tell you that Nick Cannon is one of the greats. what does that mean on a general scale? not a damn thing. nas is tight nonetheless, but he doesnt get the same love as pac, biggie, and jay-z, so its impossible for me to group him with those guys who are greats, because skill aside, he doesnt have the same status. you dont become great because young professa solely said so. you might not even be considered one of the greats for having skill...it runs deeper than that nowadays. nas is a f.ckin vegetable, so i cant see him being put in the same class as those three (even though his skill is on par). and for future reference, you need to chill the f.ck out and quit rubbin down your lifesize nas cardboard cut out before you respond to me

DS said:

and for future reference, you need to chill the f.ck out and quit rubbin down your lifesize nas cardboard cut out before you respond to me
pardon me if i came off wrong, on my previous post to you, cause i was actually "cool as the other side of the pillow" (like my man stewart scott says) when i responded. but let's not act like you're gonna "phase" through my pc monitor and get in my ass, homie. so i really think you're the one that needs to "calm the f*ck down"

Last edited:
i aint bout to phase thru sh.t and im calm. but i'll watch myself and u do the same :cheers:

Triple A-B said:
He's a rapper from the south, Atlanta to be exact, with crazy skills.

and we wont be able to hear them for at least a year up to 3, cuz he got his black ass locked in jail.LOL!
but the people that has potential to be on top are TI, nas, cam(yes pinky), 50cent, jadakiss, and lloyd bank$

Last edited by a moderator:
Back