Who is your top Underground Producer

Vybe beatz, superstar o , johnny julianno, and lex luger :)

I wouldn't say Pete rock or ninth wonder would be underground, but if so them and Ant from atmosphere

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

ybe beatz, superstar o , johnny julianno, and lex luger
Lex luger is DEFINITLY NOT UNDERGROUND.
HAM, bmf, hard in tha paint, hustle hard, mc hammer, etc ?

He's wack anyway lol... You can't argue with me for saying that... They're your words. And if we're bringing in mainstream, no one will like me for this but KANYE WEST.

EDIT: The old Kanye

Last edited:
Its a blur line between unerground and mainstream for a big amount of my fav producers, but I think Stoupe could fit around there...

Howie Tee, Marley Marl, Easy Mo' Bee, Large Professor, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Primo, No I.D., Alchemist, Gensu Dean, Vitamin D, Jake One, M-Phases, Illmind, 9th Wonder, Kanye West and Pete Marriott!

Pete Rock and Primo are underground?

Dudes in the top 5 in Hip Hop production overall since it started are underground?

There is a need for Hip Hop history books it seems.

Pete Rock and Primo are underground?

Dudes in the top 5 in Hip Hop production overall since it started are underground?

There is a need for Hip Hop history books it seems.

When was the last time you heard a new Premo beat on your FM station?

They are well known, but I would still consider it underground. Kinda like how everybody knows who Common, Mos Def, Talib, Atmosphere, Immortal Technique are, but I would still label them as underground as they fit that description more then mainstream.

Last edited:
So "Not on FM station" = Underground...

My FM station plays 12 songs all day.

If that's the case then Timbaland and Jermaine Dupri are my favorite underground producers. Along with The Neptunes. None of them are on my FM station.

Which brings me back to my question:
What exactly is an Underground Producer?

I mean its not really up to those producers what the artist does with the beat.

Back