Who is your top Underground Producer

Damu...Stoupe...Nujabes...Madlib...Apollo Brown...Kev Brown...DJ Shadow...Primo...Sabzi...Dilla

I have no favorites.

9th wonder, primo's number one for me. apollo brown. vanderslice, stu bangas, shuko, havoc, damu definitely, kev brown, jaisu for sure also that kids mad. alchemist. shit theres too many ha ha

What makes Pete Rock, DJ Premier or Havoc 'underground' producers? Just a serious question. I mean they've all had mainstream success.

What makes Pete Rock, DJ Premier or Havoc 'underground' producers? Just a serious question. I mean they've all had mainstream success.

Word.

With that said, right now i'm really feelin Marco Polo, Sabzi and Black Milk

Never normall y would popto mind but.. after hearing the new cunninlynguist album - asssuming dj kno is still behind the production - Im gonna have to put him out there. If you havent listend to oneirology, do so fresh beats every track, regardless if ur not feeling the flows/theme

Lol. What does that mean? Oddisee's first production credit was for Jazzy Jeff; almost all of his credits are for underground though. The majority of Premo's stuff is underground too.

Lol. What does that mean? Oddisee's first production credit was for Jazzy Jeff; almost all of his credits are for underground though. The majority of Premo's stuff is underground too.

Yeah, I would consider them underground because if you ask the average 15 year old girl who Premo is she will look at you like you're dumb.

Lets keep this thread going. There isn't much love for underground on this site, nice to see some common interest.

here's a banger from House Shoes

And if this beat doesn't make your hat fall off you don't belong in this thread.

And for the bassline junkies.

Last edited:
Back