Which Hip Hop Producer Has The Best Drums

Tbh, none of them. Their drums are good but not really crazy if you get what I mean their drums is normal and clean.

Dre has very clean normal instrument drums and timbaland did some stuff sounds like he was beatboxin and did some mpc sounding drums lol. And i think kanye's drums he said he sampled dre so not him either.

On his early work Kanye said he started off sampling the Drums from Xxxplosvie. His drums have changed since then.

Primo (DJ Premier) has the overal best track record in terms of using great sounds/samples as well as in terms of his programming/patterns. I also really really like the guys who DJ/produce for Jurassic 5. Just ridiculously creative use of sounds & patterns.

Tbh, none of them. Their drums are good but not really crazy if you get what I mean their drums is normal and clean.

Dre has very clean normal instrument drums and timbaland did some stuff sounds like he was beatboxin and did some mpc sounding drums lol. And i think kanye's drums he said he sampled dre so not him either.

You trippin. Metro Boomin Want Some More Nigga.

Dr. Dre, Cardiak, Preemo, London On Da Track (I love how his kick hits), Timbo. These are who i can think of now

There is one kit that always wins me over, and it is all because of one sound! I am sure many of you will know of (And not saying this is the best producer or best music) but that short timbaland snare from about 10 years ago that he used with missy and a few others. I got my hands on it once but I cant find it again in the great binary abyss! I love that snare and I know it is well sort after (lots of producers have tried to get it). If any one has got the plug for that... Im right here!!

There is one kit that always wins me over, and it is all because of one sound! I am sure many of you will know of (And not saying this is the best producer or best music) but that short timbaland snare from about 10 years ago that he used with missy and a few others. I got my hands on it once but I cant find it again in the great binary abyss! I love that snare and I know it is well sort after (lots of producers have tried to get it). If any one has got the plug for that... Im right here!!
Ten years ago which means around 2005. Can you name a song that uses that snare? When you say short Timbaland snare I always think of that sharp one he used on tracks like "Hot Boyz". Sounds dope!

Last edited:
There's a lot of great drum work, right now I'm into Pete Rock!

Pete Rock is the best ever, i could never replicate his drums...like that Silhouettes break on "#1 Soul Brother". That's how music should sound

King-Vis said:
When you say short Timbaland snare I always think of that sharp one he used on tracks like "Hot Boyz"

hot boyz snare is from one of the most used breaks ever.

Being that i'm a music producer i would have to say that i like Traumah drums, because he has a distinctive sound like no other. I also like timbaland drums as well because they have character and body to them. Not the same paper thin, popcorn sound like you're hitting a cardboard box.

Timbaland has dope kicks. As does D.Rich *ATL Jeezy/Rick Ross producer" They hit so right with his bass. Too be honest a lot of producers have some banging kicks

Do producers even have their own drums anymore? Every time I search for new drum packs, guys say they have o so unique drums. Though, they always sound like the same ripped 808 drums.

Back