When submitting music....

I never hold grudges, everyday is a new day!

Grudges on the internet?

Retarded.jpg

This is GREAT post! And it proves why Blazetrak.com is so valuable to aspiring producers, artists, musicians etc. We have the answer to EVERYTHING that this post talks about.

Thank u Dwells

BlazeTrak.com can kiss my ass.

Great post, Dwells.

Pretty good information here! I would also suggest to maybe send a short introduction email b4 you send your stuff and/or ask if it is ok to send your material or who's the contact person,

@dwells: what you think about that? You think it's a good move?

8. Identify yourself and your submissions. Sometimes people are looking for several things at once. I might looking for a record for R.Kelly and I might be looking for records for a new girl group at the same time. So if you are sending music in, specify what the music is for and what do you do. An producer might send in a few songs that are terrible, but the beats are hot, so I might want the beats not the songs. So specify what you do, who you are, and what the music is for

Nobody really cares about your bio, not when they are looking for music. Just keep things simple and to the point.

Only thing I disagree with is the quality of the MP3. I always send well mixed 128kbps so that if an artist is interested he has to contact me. Some of these guys will go in the booth, record and press your sh*t without telling you.

128kbps is a good enough grade that they hear quality, clarity, can even go in the booth on the track, but will ultimately hit you back for a higher grade or quality. Someone get a 192-224kbps mp3 from you, that's just as good as it being tracked out in the hands of a compitent engineer. Even a 128kbps can end up like that, but the engineer will explain you should want a better grade of quality.

agree. if a beat is hot, it's hot at 128kbps too. but noone would rap on a 128kbps mp3 (except rappers in my city).

I hear that ID3 Tags (not sure if they're called this with other software or just Logic 9 specific) are extremely important. What's everyones thoughts on these?

btw great post and topic

Last edited:
my beats are usually in 192kbps, should i be doing 224kbps for the bit rate stereo?

I hear that ID3 Tags (not sure if they're called this with other software or just Logic 9 specific) are extremely important. What's everyones thoughts on these?

btw great post and topic

extremely important! you can edit them in almost every music application. not to mention that they are critical for every dj. you can even edit them in windows.

extremely important! you can edit them in almost every music application. not to mention that they are critical for every dj. you can even edit them in windows.

cool, thanks for the response homie

What's that ID3 tag you guys are talking about?

Could someone explain this to me?

thanks

really nice thread btw.

Last edited:
Back