When did "rap" production get so shitty?

yeah I heard your music... its original.... its not terrible..... but you still have room to grow.... that statement includes myself because I still have alot of growing to do as well.... I like your glitch-hop style however if you want a career in music as a "producer" you better find a songwriter/singer ASAP if you arent one yourself... thats my honest advise to you

I am not saying I am the best. I am just say I am not filled listening to a basic mustard beat. Shit sounds dumb.

cc1992 you're stuffs cool but NO WAY you should be ****ing on mustard and mike will like that and talking loud about your own beats. i'm not saying I'M better than you, i still got a LONG way to go, but those beats aren't gonna be on any hit records.

Last edited:
those beats aren't gonna be on any hit records.

You say that because you lack artistic vision. I make the beats I like. the only thing standing before me from hit status is loot. What I am saying is that with the right promotion most beats can be a hit. You are a baby that don't know the industry. You can't articulate what a hit is. I hate to tell you mustard and mike will were lucky. There are thousands of beat makers that are nicer that will NEVER get on.

It is shitty. Mustard been producing for 4 years. If you can't articulate why something is hot other than its catchy then its NOT hot. He don't even have chords or counter melodies and hes jocking the bass sound. But yeah brah, you see my music. You know how to listen to it. I can out mix and produce 95% of the people on this board. Music is about being in the right place at the right time. I can tell you are young and dumb.

Yeah I listened to your music and it's not good. Since I don't like it, I'm going to say it's shitty. I know it's easier to get your music out their if you're well connected but if it was as good as you make it out to be then you wouldn't have a problem with it. I've never seen someone with bad music that's so cocky. And yes I'm considered young but what's wrong with that? That means I don't know anything about music? You think you're mixing is so great but you're listening on computer speakers. Ha. You can't even hear every frequency so you must just be "eyeballing" it which is stupid. I only make music for fun so I'm not really worried about making it or who else makes it. How about quit worrying about what other people's music is like and worry about how to improve yours. It's good to be confident but not really when it needs to be improved so much. You can think I'm stupid but you're pathetic.

Yeah I listened to your music and it's not good. Since I don't like it, I'm going to say it's shitty. I know it's easier to get your music out their if you're well connected but if it was as good as you make it out to be then you wouldn't have a problem with it. I've never seen someone with bad music that's so cocky. And yes I'm considered young but what's wrong with that? That means I don't know anything about music? You think you're mixing is so great but you're listening on computer speakers. Ha. You can't even hear every frequency so you must just be "eyeballing" it which is stupid. I only make music for fun so I'm not really worried about making it or who else makes it. How about quit worrying about what other people's music is like and worry about how to improve yours. It's good to be confident but not really when it needs to be improved so much. You can think I'm stupid but you're pathetic.

Dumb af...again. I bet you can articulate my you think my music is shitty.

Last edited:
"adequately explained why you feel this way?"
Maybe its because the beats are poorly mixed, simple, and plan shitty. I stated...mike will and mustard are shit. Crap is horrible and contrived. I could do better and ive been making beats for 3 years.

I don't usually comment on other peoples music but you are no where near the skill level of mike will period! Are you trolling for SC plays??

Edit: I should have read the whole thread dudes already beat me to it.

Last edited:
again... you can not articulate why mike will is better other than some subjective shit like..."he make hits"...."he is hotter"...."he is catcher". I have better rhythms. I put more into my music. My concepts of better. And I actually have chord progressions. Mike is just biting lex lugar.

again... you can not articulate why mike will is better other than some subjective shit like..."he make hits"...."he is hotter"...."he is catcher". I have better rhythms. I put more into my music. My concepts of better. And I actually have chord progressions. Mike is just biting lex lugar.

I think the answer you're looking for is whats makes a hit. You can know all the music theory in the world and still not be a hit maker is the first thing you need to understand. For example mike will new beat (got to move that dough) is basic beat with no theory in it as far as i can tell but the bass line hits hard in the club and gets a lot of spins down here in the H. Some people are just born with the ears to here sounds that go good with each other. Other people have to learn it.

Last edited:
why...because i call out all the wackness i hear. Man i have 1500 followers. I don't need more. i am good

why...because i call out all the wackness i hear. Man i have 1500 followers. I don't need more. i am good

Yeah but you don't have many views. 1500 followers but the most views I see is around 1100 so most people don't even listen to your music. Most songs don't even have 1/4 of that.

Back on topic, :cool: I don't think that the current state of rap production is that bad but rap is def going through another one of its"cycles". If you look at music and fashion as a whole, it tends to go through cycles where the newest, hottest thing out is actually a spinoff of something previously done.

$.02

i agree its a cycle. that is why i am not surprised by mustard. His shit is knock off and thats what makes it one dimensional. These new cats think it hasn't been done before. it has. Most beats i hear today is not that captivating. Its vapid.

Back on topic, :cool: I don't think that the current state of rap production is that bad but rap is def going through another one of its"cycles". If you look at music and fashion as a whole, it tends to go through cycles where the newest, hottest thing out is actually a spinoff of something previously done.

$.02

Thats what I think too

But the old heads said the same back in early 2000's when Ja Rule, Fat Joe, Fitty, DMX when all those ninjas were popular. They claimed they destroyed rap.

Heck, majority of rap back in 80's-00's was wack too, althought the wack ish now is worse than the wack ish back then.

Last edited:
my closing statement on this thread and I hope you guys take this the best way possible.... if your on here claiming that a producer is trash but he has nothing but a hits and your a producer that swears up and down that your better than "X" or "Y" producer but your discography doesnt compare..... its time for you not to post on here anymore because clearly your not as good as you think.... that includes me though I dont have any problem with the producers that some of you guys are hating on..... look in the mirror and start making the change in your music!! get to work... peace

Back