When did "rap" production get so shitty?

bake

Nigga i make and mix all my shit on computer speakers. If anything their beats should sound hotter. They are TRASH

Last edited:
but you know thats not how RAP beats sound

I didn't know we as listeners can choose that...
What sounds like a rap beat, and what doesn't
I think it all depends on the rapper.

I didn't know we as listeners can choose that...
What sounds like a rap beat, and what doesn't
I think it all depends on the rapper.

I am just saying...a.) the beat is not THAT hot
b.) rap beats have downgraded from the hayday of timbo
c.) These BARE beats with no lyrics sound garbo

the beat is not THAT hot

Opinion

rap beats have downgraded from the hayday of timbo

In my eyes waaaay better, no hate on Timbaland, but with todays technology, and sound, beats sound much better. Things have aged, back in the day they would get down to Timbo's beats in the club, today that won't work lol, it just does't fit the era... and even the classic styled beats sound 100x better.

These BARE beats with no lyrics sound garbo

most Hip Hop songs aren't just about the lyrics, their about getting people to dance, and with a hype beat, and catchy lyrics, that's achieved..

You sound bitter to me. Are you? The best revenge is success. If your stuff is that good then become successful and replace the "Shitty Production" with your own. Good luck with that!

this post is kinda pointless everyone has different taste so the discussion will end up going in circles just because everyone likes what they likes or dislikes what they like

Just because you don't like it, it's considered shitty music? I don't like old school hip hop but that doesn't mean it's shitty.
If your music was good enough then you would be able to "make it" by sending your music to other artists and labels. It's definitely not easy because your music has to stand out and has to be GOOD. I seriously doubt that you're good at music production and especially mixing if you're using computer speakers.
Being successful with music isn't luck, it's skill and dedication. Mostly skill. I don't see how a music producer can be so closed minded. Nevertheless, good luck with your music "career"

i am better. my mix is better, my beats are better. Getting on is about luck. Going at it beat for beat is empirical.

nothing is by luck in the music industry.... its about timing and working hard at all aspects.... believe it!

nothing is by luck in the music industry.... its about timing and working hard at all aspects.... believe it!

I disagree. I could slaughter about 95% of the producers on this board. But like i said, i mix on computer speakers and musical type. I know ya'll heard my music acting like it not down below. Yall heard. Ima beast. Music is 30 percent luck 60% business, and 10% talent.

In Mid noughties when people stoped caring about the poetry / creativity of their lyrics and focussed more on 'SWAG' crappy trap style productions. Hold tight Homeboy Sandman for keeping it real with his art.

Just because you don't like it, it's considered shitty music? I don't like old school hip hop but that doesn't mean it's shitty.
If your music was good enough then you would be able to "make it" by sending your music to other artists and labels. It's definitely not easy because your music has to stand out and has to be GOOD. I seriously doubt that you're good at music production and especially mixing if you're using computer speakers.
Being successful with music isn't luck, it's skill and dedication. Mostly skill. I don't see how a music producer can be so closed minded. Nevertheless, good luck with your music "career"

It is shitty. Mustard been producing for 4 years. If you can't articulate why something is hot other than its catchy then its NOT hot. He don't even have chords or counter melodies and hes jocking the bass sound. But yeah brah, you see my music. You know how to listen to it. I can out mix and produce 95% of the people on this board. Music is about being in the right place at the right time. I can tell you are young and dumb.

Beats nowdays are fire, its the lyrics that sucks

Producer wise, it sucked when all rap producing was replaced by trap style. I LOVE trap, but rap used to have variety.

listen to the instrumentals of all the rap "beats". They sound bare, contrived, and awfully underproduced.

It is shitty. Mustard been producing for 4 years. If you can't articulate why something is hot other than its catchy then its NOT hot. He don't even have chords or counter melodies and hes jocking the bass sound. But yeah brah, you see my music. You know how to listen to it. I can out mix and produce 95% of the people on this board. Music is about being in the right place at the right time. I can tell you are young and dumb.

So now I'm curious if I'm in the 95%, or the 5% master race...

I disagree. I could slaughter about 95% of the producers on this board. But like i said, i mix on computer speakers and musical type. I know ya'll heard my music acting like it not down below. Yall heard. Ima beast. Music is 30 percent luck 60% business, and 10% talent.

yeah I heard your music... its original.... its not terrible..... but you still have room to grow.... that statement includes myself because I still have alot of growing to do as well.... I like your glitch-hop style however if you want a career in music as a "producer" you better find a songwriter/singer ASAP if you arent one yourself... thats my honest advise to you

Back