What's the big deal about Instagram...

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
Thread title says it all.

What's the big deal about it. Do people just need to migrate from app to app to say "You still on that?"...

... think Myspace.com / There was nothing wrong with Myspace, it was a customizable FaceBook it's just that nobody was supposed to use those ugly backgrounds and weird colors.

Why is Instagram number one now? Enlighten me...

photo sharing gone mad, no more, no less....

That. With myspace it was the computer era. People just started getting computers even though others had them for a long time.

Then the phones stepped up as far as internet so people jumped on Facebook, twitter.

And now they carry on with instagram because of everybody posting instagram pics to their facebook, twitter, ect.

It will pass soon......with the XBOX One and the PS4.......when people are introduced to an actual virtual world that both consoles failed on the first try..........

It's coming....get ready NOW! Self employment in the works.

it's instant.
instant gratification

to compliment someone you just double tap the screen and it "likes" the picture
constant updates on what your people (or people you stalk) are doing.
theres nothing to do on instagram but either post pictures or look at pictures
it has 'mention's and @ like twitter, but with a picture to accompany every 140 character post.

Its another niche for social networking, social networking is the shit right now, everybody loves it.

Except me.

**** the world if they can't adjust - 2Pac

Instagram and Twitter are both wack to me. I really don't give a shit what people have to say and unless a female is showing pussy on instagram I don't want to see a million puckered mouth in the bathroom photos.

Instagram? You're already late. Next up for "Useless Social App of the Week" is this Vine thing, which seems to feature quick video snippets. Just saw someone post on Twitter the other day, "Looks like this Vine thing is here to stay.. Guess I'll sign up!" I dunno..

Last edited:
Thread title says it all.

What's the big deal about it. Do people just need to migrate from app to app to say "You still on that?"...

... think Myspace.com / There was nothing wrong with Myspace, it was a customizable FaceBook it's just that nobody was supposed to use those ugly backgrounds and weird colors.

Why is Instagram number one now? Enlighten me...

A picture is worth 1000 words, right?

It's the twitter of pictures.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Instagram? You're already late. Next up for "Useless Social App of the Week" is this Vine thing, which seems to feature quick video snippets. Just saw someone post on Twitter the other day, "Looks like this Vine thing is here to stay.. Guess I'll sign up!" I dunno..

And Vine is the Instagram of Videos. lol.

Its just another social network. I am not on insta gram mostly because i have an old ass cellphone that I am pretty sure doesn't support it. I keep saying i am going to get an iphone and put it off for something else. been saying that for 3 years lol

Booty. Dudes gone go wherever the chicks go. Let these females start sharing photo's/messages on complex MS Access databases using C++ code or some crazy shyt...cat's will be learning that on the fly...remember HTML and myspace!

ACCESS DAT HOE!

Last edited:
I hear a lot about Pinterest too. I think that's for the photography crowd or something while it seems Instagram is for the narcissist crowd that like photo's of themselves. I can see keeping people up to date on your latest look if they care to see it but for random people you don't know and just decided to follow or follow you... I'm too old to get it I guess. There's nothing WRONG with it per se but I just don't get what the "big deal" is.

I guess if I grew up in the gadget age... I might understand. Actually, I think it's great you can instantly show pics and vids of yourself... it's just the random people thing that I don't get, lol. At least I know everybody on my FB somehow. I have it set to only friends so somehow through 6 degrees of separation... I have something in common personally with most people on my FB page.

Rice that Xbox ONE is going to change the world ! imagine the kids that grow up with out remotes and just walk around the house talking and things happen. No more remote finding, no remote batteries, etc.

Next up are all other appliances. You put your food on the stove and say COOK! put clothes in the washer and say WASH! if you smell your food burning you just say STF OFF!

Walk out of your house and just tell your door to LOCK!

might be bad if you get into an argument though with the Xbox ONE in the room when people can't agree what to do...

Husband - Go to games...
Wife - Go to TV...
Husband - GAMES!
Wife - TV Nucca!

... choke!!!! police sirens...

Husband - FEET Run !!!!

Last edited:
It's not a big deal at all. At least not to me. Just for people who love photography and want to share it, and people who are photogenic and want to share it.

It's not that there has been a major increase of people who became a photographer or photogenic - there was always a large number of them. The difference is, the internet has made it become so much easier to share things with others.

Last edited:
I asked because I was listening to the radio (grown man azz radio) and they said that Instagram has passed up FaceBook and Twitter as the #1 social network amongst young-uns. I also read that young-uns are leaving FaceBook in droves because now its seen as a place for "old people".

My Moms is on FB... and I'm old enough to by some of you dudes' Daddy.

Why am I on FP you may ask?

... because I have no music training but love to tinker with music and music gadgets (vst's) in my spare time and Hip Hop music is the only music I can make.

Also, I just shaved off all of my hair and now I go by the name - BRO JACK...

^^^ the black Kojack

Last edited:
All of your hair ?? ain't that pussification ??? hahah

To get back on topic, I would compare the app usage of pinterest versus instagram instead of the Alexa rank but that being noted.. I did suscribe out of curiosity to Pinterest but I don't like the User Interface too much. I do not use Instagram as I rarely take photos even on vacation...

But I came across this website a few weeks ago and I must say that even I found some stuff I would buy like this cheap mango peeler.. lol Fancy
I dunno which music industry guy created it but I see a lot of rappers tweeting about it and the investors are high profile...

Thefancy : Fancy

I might be late about that site though. But I see it as pinterest with a more targeted audience...

Last edited:

Vine has potential to be amazing, but there's too many dumbass people in the world for it to work right. It's basically animated gifs with sound.

Back