What Piece Of Equipment Do U Guys Want For Xmas?

ummm... i'll take a korg oasys..... or grand piano... but i know i aint gettin ****... probably get a $50 gift card to guitar center... haha

kang said:
Go to any indian area of the city, find the local music store and you can pick up a harmonium.

Failing that go to the Gurdwara (Sikh temple) or Mandir (Hindu temple) and speak to someone about being able to buy one, they might even give you an old one for free if you're lucky.

Kang.

unfortunately, i can't use an indian one. they're tuned differently, and i need it to be in standard pitch :(.

there's a few american models that i'm eyeing, and a friend of mine just picked up an upright harmonium in an antiques store, i might go that route.

i wouldnt mind a fender rhodes or a mpc 60 sp 1200 asr 10 apple mac g4 but thats out of the question i spose. :(
ill settle for a few cd's

A beyonce Blow up doll, my Halle Berry one has a hole in it.......

wait...you mean music equipment?

Digidesign monitors, but I don't think they make 8 inch ones. Even if they did, I'm budgeting for alot of stuff, so all I'm doing is "wanting" this year. lol. It sucks at Xmas when your a parent, you're too cheap to buy stuff for yourself, but you still have to fork out cash for the snotty ingrate evil midget elves you take care of. Some people call them kids.

For production, a Neko or Timbaland Miko with an RME hooked in. I'm impressed that Timbaland and others have used it and trust it on stage with no crashes.

For recording, I'd love to have either a Focusrite Liquid Mix or an Avalon 737 mic pre with a Neumann U87 as well. Oh, and a REAL Pro Tools HD system (not my Mpowered LE) with the new C24 control surface. And a quadcore G5 for recording-only into ProTools tape machine style (no real production in ProTools here) with Waves Diamond, Sony Oxford and Waves SSL plugins.

I'd want an Apogee Rosetta 200 converter, a couple Neve 1073 or 1095 preamps to thicken all that digital stuff up at the end, monitoring through a set of Genelec 1031As with a subwoofer.

Why yall make me think about all of this. Damn man, I'll be old and grey before I accumulate this. Oh ****, I am old and grey.

Looking at my gear today and setting my synths back up made me realize i dont need any more gear lol. i need a pair of monitors and a new pair of headphones but im good on keyboards my sampler is ill and once i work out all my workflow issues ill be in heaven

Akai MPC 60 mk 1 with OS upgrade: I want it just for the sequencer, and because it just looks so damn cool.

Behringer BCF2000: So I can replace my Mackie Baby HUI which, unfortunately, does not work with Ableton Live (Live does not read HUI).

Studio Electronics SE-1X: I've always wanted one of these just because they just sound so damn fat.

Shure Whitelabel cartidge: I hear they're good.

Possibly an Akai MPC 1000: I'd still rather have the 60 sequencer but the 1000 is nice and compact and it would actually fit on my desk and be portable enough to travel around with. Plus JJ OS of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for xmas i wanted an xs7...and due to extensive circumstances, I ended up getting it 3 weeks early(i had to do christmas with my parents early because a death in the family means we had to re-schedule...i travel to my family and we couldnt bring it back and forth)

my second wish for christmas is more space in my dorm room....im going to have to buy FURNITURE for a dorm room to put the motif on(then again i do have a TV and 360 and my computer). Then again I don't reckon I will be in uni for long considering the only thing I study is music while im here when Im supposed to do history, lol.

Last edited:
I need a peanut butter chick
wit some water green eyes
that know how to cut and spin
and got records to tha sky

sorry, I'm poundin out a verse right now..

If not that, I just bought an mbox, so I'd be happy to just be able to figure out pro-tools.

a yamaha mm6...eventhougt i probly wont git one unless i buy it myself..lol

Back