what have you been workin on, updated ?

Great stuff troup. Im a really big fan of yours. Keep up the great work. You have a ton of wisdom that I one day hope to be at the level of.

Keep pushing out the great music and much success to you and your artists.

Thank you, I really appreciate the words! :cheers:

On the other hand, Ive just been studying my music theory a bit more. I can tell my lack of knowledge in it is hindering me a bit. Its getting harder and harder for me to come up with original melodies. I think a month of vigorious music theory studying will help that.

I wish you all luck and success on your current projects and tasks. :)

One month? Uhh, takes a little longer than a month! You need to ingest as much music as possible. Stop spending so much time studying music theory. That's not gonna teach you what a good melody sounds like. You need to listen to good melodies to learn what good melodies sound like. So immerse yourself in great music with great melodies. Let it play in your headphones over and over and over and over again...over YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS.

But as far as the music theory goes...let me help you. Download this app for your smart phone...

1064839.jpg

Tells you every chord for every key. When you press on one of the blocks, it lets you hear the sound of the chord...in piano or guitar.

What the area inside the bold lines says that the Key you chose is C Major. The chords in the key of C are:

C major, D minor, E minor, F major, G major, A minor, and B minor.

So you just play whatever sequence sounds like a good melody to you, and then write down what the chords are. Then you go to some place like this to figure out how to play those chords on the piano, so you can lay out your other instruments...

Piano Chord Chart

So now you never have to try to figure out what chords go in the key of your song.

Thank Me Later. :)

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

If im gonna be honest... this sounds unprofessional. Just wasn't executed well. From the song itself, instrumentation, drums, vocal and mix. Just doesn't stand up to whats out there at the moment. Sounds very amateur! Sorry just being real.

I expect nothing less of you.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Those are great goals to have. Wanna be my piano teacher haha!

But, yeah working to improve yourself is a good thing.. Keep at it and I know you'll go far :)

Lol. One day I would love to teach piano. I have to make sure I'm an expert myself before I teach someone else. It may take a while but I'm willing to go far for my love of music.

I don't think any goal is farfetched. I wasn't raised with that mindset. I can see everybody on this forum progressing to the level where they wanted to be. I've been here so long, I've practically studied and watched Mev The Producer, Canei, DjCas, and other FP alumini get into the game when I was in high school.

Honestly, there are no excuses. . .

Great stuff troup. Im a really big fan of yours. Keep up the great work. You have a ton of wisdom that I one day hope to be at the level of.

Keep pushing out the great music and much success to you and your artists.

On the other hand, Ive just been studying my music theory a bit more. I can tell my lack of knowledge in it is hindering me a bit. Its getting harder and harder for me to come up with original melodies. I think a month of vigorious music theory studying will help that.

I wish you all luck and success on your current projects and tasks. :)

The problem might be that you're studying too much. Put the book down and just mess around and don't think as much. You gotta put all that theory into practice. Knowing a 1/4/5/1 prgression isn't gonna help you if you never bother to put it to use.

Crystal Clear Studios on Monday to record over this with a vocalist since she's got the melodies/harmonies and lyrics "rehearsed".

i mean if the end result meets my approval i'll post it. if not revisit it later. got other shit to do.

I just released this track...I produced the music, recorded vocals and mixed it. Had it mastered by a pro to even out my home production..Singer wrote the lyrics and sang..im looking for more people to work with so i signed up here:)..Hoping to make an album but looking for more singers..so this is still a working project..

Last edited:
I have to mix this tape (hit the link beneath the player if you are curious) that I co produced. Also composed 60% of it. Well, I initially planned on doing it for free but then it is taking so damn long because it's not my priority all of sudden... :/
Dude is one of the college bro of kirko.

Last edited:
I have to mix this tape (hit the link beneath the player if you are curious) that I co produced. Also composed 60% of it. Well, I initially planned on doing it for free but then it is taking so damn long because it's not my priority all of sudden... :/

I like the sound. What do you mean by composed 60% of it? Is some of it sampled from another song? I dig it..nice. I just wish the music had a better quality.

Crystal Clear Studios on Monday to record over this with a vocalist since she's got the melodies/harmonies and lyrics "rehearsed".

i mean if the end result meets my approval i'll post it. if not revisit it later. got other shit to do.
Damn Shawty! A little neo-soul vibe (i dig the intro keys), ha. I'm feelin the drums. Hope it works out for u!

It's the first song of the tape only but there are 15 or so...
I meant that i had composed most of the beats on the tape.
A few beats are sampled, including that first one. Not mixed yet.

Listened to your track btw... noy bad at all... The composition was a bit sparse for me and didn't like some of the synth lines to be completely honnest but overall the record was nice, the singer is pretty neat.

Last edited:

Listened to your track btw... noy bad at all... The composition was a bit sparse for me and didn't like some of the synth lines to be completely honnest but overall the record was nice, the singer is pretty neat.

thanks man..i wanted to keep it kind of musical by not having the whole track in your face. Its my first release and have many more that im working on..

I like this joint ... Dude is dope

thanks man..i wanted to keep it kind of musical by not having the whole track in your face. Its my first release and have many more that im working on..
Nvm what I said about the synth lines... listened on something else than laptop speakers, the record is pretty dope !
I like this joint ... Dude is dope
Ahah thanks bro ! Yeah I think he is as well... not sure I did a great job producing him though (not speaking about the beats, but how I directed him into creating the songs)My fav from him from what we did is probably this one :

http://soundcloud.com/tahir-chad/9-girlfriends

Last edited:

Oh ok, cool. You say its not your priority, are you working on other material, or just busy with non music stuff?

Thanks for listening to the track on other speakers..i appreciate you giving it another listen:)

Hey everyone. Haven't posted on FP in a while.

Over the past few days I've been putting together my website, as well as promoting myself/working on new beats. If you guys could take a minute to check out the website and give me some feedback, I'd really appreciate it (and will definitely return the favor). I'll post a couple beats I've been working on as well.

Beats:

Best of Me [Hip Hop]

peace & thanks

Hey everyone. Haven't posted on FP in a while.

Over the past few days I've been putting together my website, as well as promoting myself/working on new beats. If you guys could take a minute to check out the website and give me some feedback, I'd really appreciate it (and will definitely return the favor). I'll post a couple beats I've been working on as well.

Beats:

Best of Me [Hip Hop]

peace & thanks

These beats are dope. Are they all original or some sampled? I checked them all out and they are all tight man..very nice.

If you would check out my track i posted, i figured we will be square, lol.

These beats are dope. Are they all original or some sampled? I checked them all out and they are all tight man..very nice.

If you would check out my track i posted, i figured we will be square, lol.
Thanks man!

Really diggin your track... EDM is my shit. You don't have to check it out, but I did put out an EP earliar this year of all dubstep/house tracks...
Vestige

Anyway, back to the track. Reminds me of MSTRKRFT - in a good way. Vocals are pretty near flawless. Mixing all around is perfect. God damn son, you noticed by labels yet? If not you will VERY soon if you keep this up... trust.

Damn Shawty! A little neo-soul vibe (i dig the intro keys), ha. I'm feelin the drums. Hope it works out for u!

appreciate it! me too though. always down to work with RnB/Pop vocalists. waaay more exciting/fulfilling. being in the studio with rappers just drains the shit out of me.

Thanks man!

Really diggin your track... EDM is my shit. You don't have to check it out, but I did put out an EP earliar this year of all dubstep/house tracks...
Vestige

Anyway, back to the track. Reminds me of MSTRKRFT - in a good way. Vocals are pretty near flawless. Mixing all around is perfect. God damn son, you noticed by labels yet? If not you will VERY soon if you keep this up... trust.

Wow, thanks man. Yea, i mixed and recorded it too..This is my first release of anything that ive done so i haven't been able to be noticed until now..Im doing some paid promotions to get it out to the masses..i really wanna work with some more producers and make some epic sh**

I just downloaded your ep..(awesome title) architecture is really good..i would've made that into a single and put a singer on that..really catchy stuff man..2012 is cool too...ima zone out to that later:) I shared it to on my fb page..i know some peeps that will want that. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you sir! Yo beats are knockin too! Keep it up, Imma B lookin forward to hearin' more from you!

Thank you sir. Hope the EP projects go well, looking forward
to hearing them ;)

This got that feeling man, awesome vibe! Whose the rapper?
-Really like that Girlfriends song as well. Good work sir.

Last edited:
Back