what have you been workin on, updated ?

Isk2009 said:
Dropped 3 hunna to participate. It's this Wednesday so I'll guess we'll see what happens. Other than that I just joined PMP, and got a few hundred business cards done. Been spending a lot of money lately, just hope it leads to some legitimate results other than soundclick leases.

I think your music [as of today] is better than the music I had [back then] when I first signed on PMP. Even still I managed to push some exclusives. one for 800.00, most in the 200-300.00 range. so I'm hoping you out-perform what I did on there.

*insert Birdman gif*

im a lil bit jealous of the istandard shit, i got a membership on there but i cant get in no showcases cos im in the uk

Yeah this'll definitely be my high point for the summer, especially if I walk away the winner. Even if I don't it'll be a great networking opp.

I think your music [as of today] is better than the music I had [back then] when I first signed on PMP. Even still I managed to push some exclusives. one for 800.00, most in the 200-300.00 range. so I'm hoping you out-perform what I did on there.

*insert Birdman gif*

lol Appreciate that Shawty, I hope so as well. I've only been a member for about 3 weeks so I haven't seen much activity yet, but we'll see what happens. I'm hoping that things will start popping in the fall cuz I've been working all summer.

Just signed the paperwork and released this joint to iTunes. One of my consulting clients, Gianna...

My writing, production, engineering...The video is apart of the package too.

We're tentatively working on an acoustic version of the song for a movie. We're also working on another original song for her.

You say you wrote it? I can't help but think this song is about someone on FP lol

Released this track like 2-3 days ago .. Reception has been very good .. Shouts to DUBRI! He's an amazing artist -- I'm doing more joints with him

TDE and Mac Miller my only focus right now. Me and Big Jerm (Wiz khalifa engineer/producer) and E Dan are working on some crazy stuff too. Kent Money from Surf Club i got a record or 2 with as well. And i'm tryna go on tour with Mac, either this tour coming up in september, or the tour for the new album. so yea, thats whats on my plate. On top of finishing up these last couple credits for school

Ya me neither... just kinda been chillin.

:cry:

Within the next two months, my brotha Fitz Taylor is gon B droppin' a 7 track EP that I supplied all the beats to (Visuals below). I'm in the process of executive producing and creating all the beats for 3 different EPs for 3 ridiculously talented and diligent local rappers. I've also produced and composed 8 different singles between 5 different local artists, all of which have visuals droppin in within the next 3 months 3 of which have got deals on the table based on the singles we did. I'm working on singles for a few artist on Pu$haz Ink and am working on some sample interpolations for Dae One. Other than that I'm completing my next project, the 5AM EP (TWO TRACKS LEFT!! Lol) and Im working on my debut LP 'No Sleep Till I Reach My Dreams' while creating a plan to fund it

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

PS. Thanks for the sample in this one y'all! This site has been a big help ever since I joined! I've truly learned alot

Within the next two months, my brotha Fitz Taylor is gon B droppin' a 7 track EP that I supplied all the beats to (Visuals below). I'm in the process of executive producing and creating all the beats for 3 different EPs for 3 ridiculously talented and diligent local rappers. I've also produced and composed 8 different singles between 5 different local artists, all of which have visuals droppin in within the next 3 months 3 of which have got deals on the table based on the singles we did. I'm working on singles for a few artist on Pu$haz Ink and am working on some sample interpolations for Dae One. Other than that I'm completing my next project, the 5AM EP (TWO TRACKS LEFT!! Lol) and Im working on my debut LP 'No Sleep Till I Reach My Dreams' while creating a plan to fund it

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

PS. Thanks for the sample in this one y'all! This site has been a big help ever since I joined! I've truly learned alot

^^ song's dope, shit's different from your other shit though. im used to hearing RnB/Jazz inspired shit from you. this here sounds like "Real Hip-Hop".

and word, people underestimate working with local acts. all these niggas care about is placements with commercial artsts. truthfully, by me going to bat with the little guys I've found myself connected and in sessions with the "regional stars" quicker than when i was just chasing them from the get-to.

Just signed the paperwork and released this joint to iTunes. One of my consulting clients, Gianna...

We're tentatively working on an acoustic version of the song for a movie. We're also working on another original song for her.

Great stuff troup. Im a really big fan of yours. Keep up the great work. You have a ton of wisdom that I one day hope to be at the level of.

Keep pushing out the great music and much success to you and your artists.

On the other hand, Ive just been studying my music theory a bit more. I can tell my lack of knowledge in it is hindering me a bit. Its getting harder and harder for me to come up with original melodies. I think a month of vigorious music theory studying will help that.

I wish you all luck and success on your current projects and tasks. :)

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

^^ song's dope, shit's different from your other shit though. im used to hearing RnB/Jazz inspired shit from you. this here sounds like "Real Hip-Hop".

and word, people underestimate working with local acts. all these niggas care about is placements with commercial artsts. truthfully, by me going to bat with the little guys I've found myself connected and in sessions with the "regional stars" quicker than when i was just chasing them from the get-to.

True,

It's much easier to come up with the lesser known artists. Work locally and build up your resume so that when you do get a chance to work with a bigger artist you have a few titles under your belt to show for. You never know whos looking at the regional stars either.

Some big cat may be cousins with a friend of the big cat and you produced a pretty big song for him that could land you in a major position.

I say keep working hard and doing what you're doing. If you've noticed, most of the top producers today have come up with an artist they have worked with that also blew up too.

Like,

Drake - Noah "40", Boi-1da, T-Minus
Wiz Khalifa - Johnny Juliano
Gucci Mane - Zaytoven
Waka Flocka - Lex Luger (along with already established Rick Ross)
Future - MikeWillMadeIt
Roscoe Dash - K.E. On The Track
Ginuwine & Aaliyah - Timberland
Eve, DMX, Jadakiss - Swizz Beatz
Meek Mill - Jahlil Beats

All producers that made names producing for little known stars that later became big stars

Last edited:

Producer/Mixer
Did this round early July, released it bout the same time Batman came
out. Absolutely loved the movie!

Producer/Mixer/Singer On Hook
Weed song, nothing too serious, just having fun with it lol Tried a little
singing instead of the pitch n screwed hook like I did on Cake Up.

@JohnSnowX88

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Dude, this Sounding Awesome!

Last edited:
Practicing to become a keyboardist for the Navy Band. Working on the theory and sight reading portion right now. It will be a hard task to accomplish but one thing I am good at is working hard to prove myself right and proving others who doubt, are "realists/realistic" or who are skeptical wrong.

I finally found my lane where I can make money doing something that I like doing. I don't know if I will chase the dream of becoming a producer but if that opportunity presents itself I will not hesitate to take complete advantage of it.

I still make beats as much as I can. It's hard to do because the military demands a lot of your time if you have a " special clearance" job. My OBSESSION with music will not let that fire die though.

Here is the last beat I did, I didn't mix or arrange it yet I just laid it out:

Trying to make have a LIBRARY of beats in every single genre. When I get back to my crib from this deployment I'm going to work on Pop and Dubstep. . . .something new.

Last edited:

Producer/Mixer
Did this round early July, released it bout the same time Batman came
out. Absolutely loved the movie!

Producer/Mixer/Singer On Hook
Weed song, nothing too serious, just having fun with it lol Tried a little
singing instead of the pitch n screwed hook like I did on Cake Up.

@JohnSnowX88

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Dude, this Sounding Awesome!

Thank you sir! Yo beats are knockin too! Keep it up, Imma B lookin forward to hearin' more from you!

Practicing to become a keyboardist for the Navy Band. Working on the theory and sight reading portion right now. It will be a hard task to accomplish but one thing I am good at is working hard to prove myself right and proving others who doubt, are "realists/realistic" or who are skeptical wrong.

I finally found my lane where I can make money doing something that I like doing. I don't know if I will chase the dream of becoming a producer but if that opportunity presents itself I will not hesitate to take complete advantage of it.

I still make beats as much as I can. It's hard to do because the military demands a lot of your time if you have a " special clearance" job. My OBSESSION with music will not let that fire die though.

Here is the last beat I did, I didn't mix or arrange it yet I just laid it out:

Trying to make have a LIBRARY of beats in every single genre. When I get back to my crib from this deployment I'm going to work on Pop and Dubstep. . . .something new.

Those are great goals to have. Wanna be my piano teacher haha!

But, yeah working to improve yourself is a good thing.. Keep at it and I know you'll go far :)

If im gonna be honest... this sounds unprofessional. Just wasn't executed well. From the song itself, instrumentation, drums, vocal and mix. Just doesn't stand up to whats out there at the moment. Sounds very amateur! Sorry just being real.

Back