what do u think about fl studio

Threadstarter,

FL Studio is as powerful as any other DAW if used right. I will say that a good set up VSTs and some good drum sounds would help. I would recommend Sounds in HD for Drums. The whole thing is like 79.00. If you can afford it, NI Komplete would be good to complement as well, but FL Studio is perfect for making music. It's not the gear, it's the ear. Remember that.

@ ceetheproducer...
it seems to me that you make a DRUM LOOP and add different LOOPS (synth, bass, etc..) on top of that...

to be honest, i think you workflow is ideal for fl studio...

no disrespect but your posts are like "the pot calling the kettle black"...

Why is my work flow ideal for FL and not ideal for Ableton live??????????? That dose not make sense!

I used FL Studio for 7 years, I prefer Ableton or an MPC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ ceetheproducer...

is this tune looped based...

how about this one....

how about this one...

it seems to me that you make a DRUM LOOP and add different LOOPS (synth, bass, etc..) on top of that...

to be honest, i think you workflow is ideal for fl studio...

last point, please do not look down on others and what they use because a 25 key keyboard is "very" limited. do you ever add any "runs" to you music? my "bad" you need "chops" (playing abilities) to play "runs" (which you lack)...

no disrespect but your posts are like "the pot calling the kettle black"...

And folk don't understand why the 1st thing I do is listen to someone's music before even considering their opinion. Lol.

Good music, btw, nothing wrong with "loops", but damn if that can't be done in FL Studio, and if someone told me it was done in FL Studio, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

nothing wrong with FL at all, it's still my top pick as a sequencer, and i love the way reason rewires with it, to me thats a winning combo, no one touchs it. Derranged is right, it got a bad name for itself due to the people that used it/ Guilty by association. tisk tisk

And folk don't understand why the 1st thing I do is listen to someone's music before even considering their opinion. Lol.

Good music, btw, nothing wrong with "loops", but damn if that can't be done in FL Studio, and if someone told me it was done in FL Studio, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

i know fl studio well, used it for 7 years (up to fl 9) along with many other daws, i find ableton much much much easyer to work with.

Whatever you can use to make good music... do it, we need more good music in the world.

Artist use different tools, as long as people enjoy the result it doesn't matter much what tool is used, there is no short cuts.

i know fl studio well, used it for 7 years (up to fl 9) along with many other daws, i find ableton much much much easyer to work with.

Nothing wrong with personal opinion all the way down to the word "easier".

I'm on a Mac using Reason and Record, still a huge fan of FL Studio's workflow. The only point I was making was you CANNOT factually say any of these programs do anything FL Studio doesn't.

I can factually say things FL Studio does that both Pro Tools and Reason doesn't.

So I'm confused to how you and others came to the conclusion FL Studio isn't designed to do certain things in music these other programs are capable of.

FL studio's rep has been tainted by a large number of noobs who make garbage entry level music and need to tell everyone how awesome FL is because they used it to make the best music the world needs to know about.

Nothing wrong with personal opinion all the way down to the word "easier".

I'm on a Mac using Reason and Record, still a huge fan of FL Studio's workflow. The only point I was making was you CANNOT factually say any of these programs do anything FL Studio doesn't.

I can factually say things FL Studio does that both Pro Tools and Reason doesn't.

So I'm confused to how you and others came to the conclusion FL Studio isn't designed to do certain things in music these other programs are capable of.
so you finally got used to Record or do u still dislike it?

I think the worse thing that Image Line did was name their product Fruity Loops.. it has received a bad rep since..

it's an amazing program, people who knock it have no ideal how to use it.. any one can make a beat, it takes skill to make a good beat

really what is the difference between making a beat using software and hardware..

I used to use fl studio, but my method of beat making is no different from a hardware user..

I get my sample.. I chop it up manually in adobe audition, and I place each individual chop in my 16 velocity pads from my akai controller

same method pretty much.. if anything the work flow in software is much more quicker..

I am a computer guy, and I find it much more convenient to do beats using software..

but I am telling you, it's the name.. Fruity Loops... when you here that you don't take any beat maker seriously

Last edited by a moderator:
Really I think the only reason not to use it is to try to seem more "professional" Now that's not my opinion personally, but Fruity Loops has a reputation of being a toy for amateurs. So if you don't want to be seen as an amateur using a toy, you probably wouldn't want to use it. It's ignorant, but its the truth. As far as features, pretty much every DAW can do what every other DAW can these days.

i dnt matta wat u use a&rs dnt care wat u use either bt 4 me i wud have 2 b my last resort if u c me using fruity loops

so you finally got used to Record or do u still dislike it?
Still getting used to it. I wanna get to the point where I do entire tracks in Record, but Reason is more up my ally. I don't like the SSL mixer or the 3 lane view. Kinda slows me down. Trying to come up with a good starting template for it.

Still getting used to it. I wanna get to the point where I do entire tracks in Record, but Reason is more up my ally. I don't like the SSL mixer or the 3 lane view. Kinda slows me down. Trying to come up with a good starting template for it.
idk if this will help your workflow or not but if u press the F5 and F6 keys at the same time the rack and the sequencer will appear as they did before in Reason then when u want to mix its just a matter of switching over to the SSL. I have a friend who also doesnt like the SSL much and he just routes Reason's 14:2 mixer to a mix channel in Record and works as he always did in Reason. Thats another option

I actually started off using fruity loops 4 years back and now I am back on it again!
Its a good program, one just needs to know what they need from an application...

Remember Its not about what you got but what you do with it!!!

he's a known dude ... all the techno music you hear... enrique inglesias -tonight im ****in you tonight prod by frank e / young money kane beatz he works with tehm directly... but **** him fl studio till i die lol... if it sounds hot... he shuldnt care

Back