Top 10 Reasons Y Artists Don’t Make it

Always funny to see that the reason someone is not successful is claimed to be mostly endogenous.

No one is questioning the industry in question. Maybe it's somewhat rigged... said that, said nothing.

you're stupid. Rigged. Then how do they get on the rigged/successful side of it ? Jelous much ? Good excuse, there's coruption in any industry.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Sorry but the Migos are getting much play. Talent has very little to do with anything.

Are most rappers wo were successful Migos and Soulja boy or Kanye, Nas, EMine, Biggie, Pun, Jay-z, Luda, T.I. ect. Also Migos are not in the charts yet, SOulja boy has no more hits at all and was a swagtation for the younger gen.

Don't act like exceptions are the majority.

They made some solid points but how about the main reason : they don't make good enough music, they aren't good enough artist ?

Last edited by a moderator:
you're stupid. Rigged. Then how do they get on the rigged/successful side of it ? Jelous much ? Good excuse, there's coruption in any industry.

Do we know each other ? Disrespectful for nothing much ?
I would have explained but I am pretty sure you lack the ability to understand things and you have obviously no clue about how the urban music industry works.

Good Stuff. Plus a lot don't have a business mind or have good business people around them to guide them.

Do we know each other ? Disrespectful for nothing much ?
I would have explained but I am pretty sure you lack the ability to understand things and you have obviously no clue about how the urban music industry works.

yeah you can bribe radio play ect but if your music and your work ethic are great they will try to get you on their site and possibly "rige" things in your favor

why don't you prove me wrong and spit facts about the music industries riggedness that keeps you from being a top producer ?

I can't stand excuses to why somebody is more successful then you

actually talent isn't exactly essential. There are some very talented indy artist, producers etc... A lot have never performed outside of a small club or their own bedroom

yeah you can bribe radio play ect but if your music and your work ethic are great they will try to get you on their site and possibly "rige" things in your favor

why don't you prove me wrong and spit facts about the music industries riggedness that keeps you from being a top producer ?

I do not have time to enter senseless debates especially with you, sorry. Just consider that you are right and that you won by my own lack of arguments, will you ?
Cheers

Can't believe I am actually agreeing with an OliverPractice comment. World must be coming to an end......

I do not have time to enter senseless debates especially with you, sorry. Just consider that you are right and that you won by my own lack of arguments, will you ?
Cheers

ok it's rigged, those secret jewish meetings and illuminatie keep you from being successful

senseless debate ? Good resort

won what, I don't try to win I just have to speak what I think is the truth

Not only are you disrespectful but you deform the meaning of my words.
As I have said earlier, forget about it. You are the most clever around here. Keep being successful Sir. :cheers:

Not only are you disrespectful but you deform the meaning of my words.
As I have said earlier, forget about it. You are the most clever around here. Keep being successful Sir. :cheers:

you got time to reply 3 times, but you don't got time to finish your point and tell us what's rigged ?

Dodging the argument

Yes, especially since you seem to have your own opinion on what I meant already. Plus what do I have to explain to someone who knows better and is more clever than I ?

Yes, especially since you seem to have your own opinion on what I meant already. Plus what do I have to explain to someone who knows better and is more clever than I ?

why don't you win the argument by saying what's rigged instead of replying with empty posts trying to make me look bad in all sorts of sneaky polite ways.

I told you I won't argue with you. And you made yourself look bad in the first place Oliver. Why was it so hard to simply write: " What do you mean by 'rigged' ? "

You cannot be aggressively condescending, not even apologize one bit, and eventually still be curious about what I meant. I am not trying to be sneaky but just teaching you some "savoir-vivre".

Last edited:
why does it have to be arguing, you can just post what you meant.

Why don't you finish your point ? Yes cause it doesn't exist.

You could be the one making the right conections, getting their song on the radio trough bribing ect.

why does it have to be arguing, you can just post what you meant.

Why don't you finish your point ? Yes cause it doesn't exist.

You could be the one making the right conections, getting their song on the radio trough bribing ect.

I'm just guessing that pretty much what he means is that quality isn't really to important to success in this industry. Knowing people is much more important than good music. I can give you a couple of examples. Willow Smith, Jaden Smith, Paris Hilton. All have had songs and videos that made rotations onto radio channels and video shows. The songs weren't really that great. The artists themselves weren't really the main workers in their own songs. They didn't get that opportunity because an AR thought they were great artist. It happened because of who they were and who they knew. It happens all the time.

Now for a more common example. Imagine someone making and releasing a song at the same time as Drake. The person's song could be better(subjective I know) than Drake's, but who's song is gonna get the spins? Drake. Drake has the connections, he has the money. That's the rigging. It depends on who you know in this business on how far you and your music can go.

I'm just guessing that pretty much what he means is that quality isn't really to important to success in this industry. Knowing people is much more important than good music. I can give you a couple of examples. Willow Smith, Jaden Smith, Paris Hilton. All have had songs and videos that made rotations onto radio channels and video shows. The songs weren't really that great. The artists themselves weren't really the main workers in their own songs. They didn't get that opportunity because an AR thought they were great artist. It happened because of who they were and who they knew. It happens all the time.

Now for a more common example. Imagine someone making and releasing a song at the same time as Drake. The person's song could be better(subjective I know) than Drake's, but who's song is gonna get the spins? Drake. Drake has the connections, he has the money. That's the rigging. It depends on who you know in this business on how far you and your music can go.

that is beyond obvious and can't be called rigged. It's called music BUSINESS.

Who did ever say that a success of a song or artist is purely objecitvely about the quality of their music.

I personaly say it's 50/50. 50% music quality, 50% other factors (conections, networking, marketing, branding, promotion, label, budget ect ect)

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I told you I won't argue with you. And you made yourself look bad in the first place Oliver. Why was it so hard to simply write: " What do you mean by 'rigged' ? "

You cannot be aggressively condescending, not even apologize one bit, and eventually still be curious about what I meant. I am not trying to be sneaky but just teaching you some "savoir-vivre".

I just read trough your excuse of rigged. That's why I was agressive, can't stand when people spread excusses instead of the truth.

that is beyond obvious and can't be called rigged. It's called music BUSINESS.

Who did ever say that a success of a song or artist is purely objecitvely about the quality of their music.

I personaly say it's 50/50. 50% music quality, 50% other factors (conections, networking, marketing, branding, promotion, label, budget ect ect)

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I just read trough your excuse of rigged. That's why I was agressive, can't stand when people spread excusses instead of the truth.

I can't really agree with 50% quality. It's closer to 25% quality. 75% connections. Ask one of the FP old heads they'll even tell you about decisions that are made about which artist gets pushed, or about who gets signed and who gets shelved. I assure you Beethoven could be signed to a label and not get pushed if he doesn't know anyone. Plus my giving you Paris Hilton, Willow and Jaden Smith flies into the face of the whole 50% quality thing. I'm not being one of those dudes who say their is no quality music out there. I'm just saying the quality of music is the least important part of being successful. Especially throughout the late 90's and early 2000's. The internet boom however has brought up the value of quality. If I don't know anybody or have any connections. I can test the waters of the world. You just have an uphill battle without those said connections

I can't really agree with 50% quality. It's closer to 25% quality. 75% connections. Ask one of the FP old heads they'll even tell you about decisions that are made about which artist gets pushed, or about who gets signed and who gets shelved. I assure you Beethoven could be signed to a label and not get pushed if he doesn't know anyone. Plus my giving you Paris Hilton, Willow and Jaden Smith flies into the face of the whole 50% quality thing. I'm not being one of those dudes who say their is no quality music out there. I'm just saying the quality of music is the least important part of being successful. Especially throughout the late 90's and early 2000's. The internet boom however has brought up the value of quality. If I don't know anybody or have any connections. I can test the waters of the world. You just have an uphill battle without those said connections

if these artists ARE all that then they can shoot videos (get a job and you can afford decent music vidoes) of some of their good songs and upload them to youtube, if they get millions of views their album will come out.

But yeah people like Whacka Flocka made it cause his mom is a manager or something, or he got lucky ot get the song "No hands" as his first single or a mix of it plus hard work I guess, I asume he promos a lot and palys shows, and he does have star apeal personality nad looks wise.

In the end if you are rich or got conections I am sure YOUR childreen will benefit from them too, so we can't act holier then thou, same goes for friends, relatives ect.

If you are ALL THAT then get your own buzz up, music videos, get a songwriter if you don'tknow to write ect do some promo.

why do labels own you something ? Don't like their politics, well don't work with them

Back