This Harlem Shake Thing is going overboard!!!

I'm not sure how this thread turned racial, but I mean, in all fairness, white folk get to "harlem shake" on a plane...we get to fight in public restaraunts, parking lots, clubs, and gas stations on worldstar. I mean damn, what do asian people get? To dress up like Dragon Ball Z characters and have their culture raped by the white man even harder? Don't no asians be at Comic Con!

^^^That was all said being stupid please don't think I'm being sincere.

I know nothing of this craze, but was under the impression the original composer intended for none of this to occur. He didn't start the trend of flashing when the beat dropped, he just made a song that doesn't sound bad at all for it's demographic IMO. Good for him unless I missed something.

Soulja Boy had the Crank Dat dance in tow when he debuted, that was all his marketing or whoever's doing and the "crank that" was far bigger than this. If you wish to ever be 'successful"(respect the quotes), you get there doing stuff like this, even unintentionally. Think of how you'd feel if you made music you thought was ginuine and it fell on the wrong fanbase and propelled you the same way. I don't know dude's story to know that's the case for sure, just giving another perspective to look from.

Disgusting as fuuck!!!!!!! I can't even go into details how disgusting this interview is. It's so disgusting it's funny. lmao!

lol...man he did come off uneducated on any kind of music knowledge or culture...but that's also the beauty of music, he just made what he wanted to.

^^^^and it's only right for a person like me to get offended by it. Like I've defended my real life views of the word "trap" as opposed to people calling it "trap music". Nobody called southern ATL music "trap music" as a genre.........it would be more referred to as "music in the streets of the ATL"....and not even all about trap period. And I told people a looooooooooooooong time ago that this shit was going to happen. All because of a "NAME". It's deeper than some white dude with torrented software becoming popular from a fan made video.....it's the ignorance of the media blowing it out of proportion in this camera infested age. So now the trap genre will be seen as how white people see it.....something their precious 10 year old daughter enjoys.

THANK NICKI FOR IT!

Shit ain't trap. It is now though.

Last edited:
^^^^and it's only right for a person like me to get offended by it. Like I've defended my real life views of the word "trap" as opposed to people calling it "trap music". Nobody called southern ATL music "trap music" as a genre.........it would be more referred to as "music in the streets of the ATL"....and not even all about trap period. And I told people a looooooooooooooong time ago that this shit was going to happen. All because of a "NAME". It's deeper than some white dude with torrented software becoming popular from a fan made video.....it's the ignorance of the media blowing it out of proportion in this camera infested age. So now the trap genre will be seen as how white people see it.....something their precious 10 year old daughter enjoys.

THANK NICKI FOR IT!

Shit ain't trap. It is now though.

preach homie

Back