Things I've been learning while at school

no one ever gets ahead by their self...NO ONE

Now I never said that. I collaborate all the time with fellow DJ's, marketers, legal contractors and consultants. Most labels though really try to run you for their buck. Sure it will get you famous, but most people are so starstruck to even see that they're getting completely scammed by their legal contract binds. But this idea that most of you have were you have to go to school is FALSE. One does not need another to succeed. I'm sure I don't need to know how Mt. Saint Helen's became a volcano to become a Disc Jockey. Is school bad? **** no, learning is something you will never stop doing. Is it required in life? I say once again, **** no. You can still succeed.

Last edited:
no one ever gets ahead by their self...NO ONE

Most amusing thing is you cant see why. Im leveraging it for my court date. I know how people think. Im not guilty but if I said I was pursuing my dreams of living off music Id be labeled as a "fool" just like you already have.

Have fun spending money on college. Have fun believing the statistics the govt puts out to make you believe college makes you money.

Theyre trying to sell college, of course theyre not gonna tell the whole truth.

I never said college was a bad thing. I just said that you dont need it to be successful. But you MF do because you obviously cant think for yourselves.

Youre so closed minded you cant even GRASP the concepts I speak of.

And you still never answered why Im completely wrong and youre completely right.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

OK bro, and who taught your parents, and who taught their parents?

Or is your family tree a long legacy of self-taught geniuses?
Damn your right. No one ever learned anything with out schools. Let me say **** this music shit, put it in hobby mode and continue learning shit i have absolutely no interest in so after 4+ years I can work for someone else and have some money I gotta pay back.

THAT sounds like success to me. A whole lot better than doing what the **** I wanna do. **** what you talkin bout. Go to school, study hard and work for another man.

Last edited:
I never said it was required. (steve jobs dropped out of college btw) I said if you want to work in a professional studio no one will even let you clean toilets w/o a big school behind you...and by pro I mean a million plus

this thread is pretty amusing...I think the funniest thing mentioned so far is that colleges are a scheme to take your money lol.

I know bro :D

College is a scam for profit the same way going to the grocery store with a pocket full of money and no grocery list is.

I never said it was required. (steve jobs dropped out of college btw) I said if you want to work in a professional studio no one will even let you clean toilets w/o a big school behind you...and by pro I mean a million plus

Why dont you want to build your own studio? Why are you so obsessed with working for someone else?

THATS what schools should be teaching. Teaching people how to build their own enterprises. But no, they dont want that. That large ass corps. of the world NEED their slaves. They HAMMER the idea that sucess is what you just said.

Getting good grades (not a bad thing to learn but really thats not what they want its so you can) get accepted into a "Big school" and then start Working for a large *insert here*

million plus kids! thats what we're aiming for!!!

Last edited:
THAT sounds like success to me. A whole lot better than doing what the **** I wanna do. **** what you talkin bout. Go to school, study hard and work for another man.

Hey Grizzly Adams, get you a bow and arrow and a Rambo knife and go live in the wilderness and you'll never have to worry about anybody telling you what to do ever again.

bc learning from the best is more important than having a little money right now!!! Most assistant engineers only assist for two yrs then branch out. Jimmy Douglas is Timbaland's engineer Jimmy used to assist for Eddie Krammer. Knowledge is power.

Hey Grizzly Adams, get you a bow and arrow and a Rambo knife and go live in the wilderness and you'll never have to worry about anybody telling you what to do ever again.
I dont worry about ppl tellin me what to do regardless. I do what I want as long as they aint gonna jail me for it.

bc learning from the best is more important than having a little money right now!!! Most assistant engineers only assist for two yrs then branch out. Jimmy Douglas is Timbaland's engineer Jimmy used to assist for Eddie Krammer. Knowledge is power.

And man, I feel bad for you. They got yo million plus ass real good.

Last edited:
Why dont you want to build your own studio? Why are you so obsessed with working for someone else?

THATS what schools should be teaching. Teaching people how to build their own enterprises. But no, they dont want that. That large ass corps. of the world NEED their slaves. They HAMMER the idea that sucess is what you just said.

Getting good grades (not a bad thing to learn but really thats not what they want its so you can) get accepted into a "Big school" and then start Working for a large *insert here*

Now the idea of free enterprise is wonderful, but you have to take into consideration that if everyone owns a studio you will have too much people creating work from different labels and listeners will get confused and so forth.

As for the school thing, I'm not even in college. I'm not OLD enough to be in college. I'm 14 years old and am still in shitty middle school. From the short life I've experienced most teachers are generally biased cause they see that you don't want to wear a suit, go to a 12 story office complex, then sit your ass in a chair while filing paperwork all day. Is that wrong? No, it isn't. I could name countless musicians who have said "**** this, I'm not ment to be here" and have left educational environments and have gone to WAY bigger things. You don't need school, but attending it isn't a bad idea either. There's no arguement here, its just posters are from different worlds and areas.

Now the idea of free enterprise is wonderful, but you have to take into consideration that if everyone owns a studio you will have too much people creating work from different labels and listeners will get confused and so forth.

As for the school thing, I'm not even in college. I'm not OLD enough to be in college. I'm 14 years old and am still in shitty middle school. From the short life I've experienced most teachers are generally biased cause they see that you don't want to wear a suit, go to a 12 story office complex, then sit your ass in a chair while filing paperwork all day. Is that wrong? No, it isn't. I could name countless musicians who have said "**** this, I'm not ment to be here" and have left educational environments and have gone to WAY bigger things. You don't need school, but attending it isn't a bad idea either. There's no arguement here, its just posters are from different worlds and areas.
Naw if you got a bunch of people creating their own companies you have a more even distribution of wealth and opportunity. But they teach you that YOU CANT DO IT! You MUST hop on board with someone else who already has.'

And to do this....you gotta get good grades to get accepted into a good (expensive) college and get a "good job"

Last edited:
lol how does it feel to have the only supporter of your argument be a 14 yr old middle school kid LMAO!!!

Last edited:
lol how does it feel to have the only supporter of you argument be a 14 middle school kid LMAO!!!

Lol bro, hes not the only supporter of my argument at all. That just goes to show how closed minded you are once again. Just look at the ****ing big picture.

Either that or just admit your not capable of doing it on your own through finding resources and doing research....studying all that good shit you do for school anyway. You dont need the ****ing school. They just planted the idea that you did in your mind.

The art of selling is making the consumer genuinely believe they need the product. With you, they have succeeded. And hey whaddayaknow, they teach that much in ****ing college.

rofl
btw, nice chill track on soundcloud. Started following you.

rofl
btw, nice chill track on soundcloud. Started following you.

Thanks bro, I been so ****ing lazy about finishing songs since then though.

I've got so many way doper tracks since then but they're all like 1/2 to 3/4 done.

Same time I been doing lots of learning lately, new computer, newer versions of my DAW's, new equipment, new VST's.

Thanks bro, I been so ****ing lazy about finishing songs since then though.

I've got so many way doper tracks since then but they're all like 1/2 to 3/4 done.

Same time I been doing lots of learning lately, new computer, newer versions of my DAW's, new equipment, new VST's.

lmao mf dont like that last post.

But anyway i just realized that you the same dude that asked

Thread title: "IS THE MIX THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT?"

Content: "???????"

lol music might not be for you bru. Judging from your current mindstate and inability to consider new concepts. Or think for yourself.

Last edited:
I guess I got a great mind then since i been sitting here discussing my ideas n havin yall team up in attempt to convince yourselves tuition was worth it.

All I been tryin to do is open your eyes to some real shit.

Last edited:
I guess I got a great mind then

You're absolutely correct.

havin yall team up

Of course, because you're such a formidable opponent it would be a death wish not to.

All I been tryin to do is open your eyes to some real shit.

You have and for that I am eternally indebted to you good sir.

Thank you for your time o benevolent one, surely my grandchildren will one day tell my great-great grandchildren the legend of when you were the impetus of a renaissance.

Last edited:
And yours mine. But youre guarenteed success because you paid a college and Im not because I didnt right?

Nobody is guaranteed success unless it's given by successful people; college or no college, and especially in the music business. Even though applicants who go to college are given more consideration people with college degrees, as apposed to those without one. A college degree almost certainly guarantees that students are constantly seeking approval from those with authority or influence. You can't have either unless you know the right people, and have the right friends or family members. It's a system that's been in place since before any of us were born.

Professionals understand that results govern success regardless of the powers that be. In other words, A producer will be successful as longs has he or she is able to continuously do business with others who need their services. I can assure you that experience is more valuable than a registered completion of college classes; a college degree. I've made my living in sales and business development for about 15 years now. As a result I've shaken hands with more people that most of you will ever meet in your lifetime. No matter what anyone tells you, there are no guarantees in any career field.

Back