Things I've been learning while at school

yea most ppl write nonsense on here....They wish they had the opportunity that I've been given. Others make stupid comments like "you dont need to go to school to make beats"... I dont recall ever saying that...But the funny thing is that the internet is so open that you can easily find ppl's music...and guess what. Its garage!!! And to ever diss someone who is accomplishing the very thing you wish to accomplish is fooling and to diss Stevie Wonder or Diddy is stupid. Diddy has more #1 hit records than the Beatles

quick note: I'm 25, black, and have a two yr old son. and I dont argue with ppl about foolishness. esp when you say "I was gonna go to school but didnt want to be in debt at 18" then on the same page you say to another person "i'm in college thanks for the life lesson" Let me guess your in college for "business" right??? also in you said you wanted to be in the army...no direction for life!

Last edited:
yea most ppl write nonsense on here....They wish they had the opportunity that I've been given. Others make stupid comments like "you dont need to go to school to make beats"... I dont recall ever saying that...But the funny thing is that the internet is so open that you can easily find ppl's music...and guess what. Its garage!!! And to ever diss someone who is accomplishing the very thing you wish to accomplish is fooling and to diss Stevie Wonder or Diddy is stupid. Diddy has more #1 hit records than the Beatles

when you say "I was gonna go to school but didnt want to be in debt at 18" then on the same page you say to another person "i'm in college thanks for the life lesson" Let me guess your in college for "business" right??? also in you said you wanted to be in the army...no direction for life!

lmfao im in college because i need to tell the court on monday im in college since they have the same mind state you have been conditioned to have. "The only way to be successful is to pay an expensive college for a lil slip of paper." I will not be returning after they drop my charges. And yes, my major would be business if I continued to go, but I dont need to get a little piece of paper to show that I can work for someone else, imma be my own boss.

I wanted to join the MARINES but couldnt because my record was too bad.

The last thing I wish i was doing is blowing money on college.

God damn, these colleges have a mean ass sales funnel. From k-12 its GET GOOD GRADES SO YOU CAN GET ACCEPTED TO THE EXPENSIVE COLLEGES AND PAY THEM.

Wake up. I have more direction than youll ever have until you stop eating the bullshit they feed you.

quick note: I'm 25, black, and have a two yr old son. and I dont argue with ppl about foolishness. esp

Do you want a cookie?

Last edited:
These days man I think school is more about making connections but also learning that little extra to put you over the top.

With the internet most people can become pretty good on their own but I'm sure in school there's other things you'd learn that most of them don't know, as well as hands on experience.

Ultimately I view it as why not? It's one more step than I'm willing to take than Average Joe to ensure this is what I do.

I think if a person really wants to learn as much as they can about something that almost always eventually involves some sort of teacher or mentor.

It's no different than learning math, or how to cook, or play basketball.

Very rarely will you find a person performing at a top level in any specific field that learned it all on their own, those that do are usually considered prodigious.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

And yours mine. But youre guarenteed success because you paid a college and Im not because I didnt right?

Nobody is guaranteed anything but death.

But all other things equal, yes his odds for success would be better than yours.

If you have two equal producers but one has a degree, the other doesn't, who are they gonna take?

If you have two equal producers but one has a degree, the other doesn't, who are they gonna take?

The difference between me and you is Im not happy working for somebody else. So i dont give a flying rats dick who they take brotha.

Working for someone else is not success. But they got you conditioned to give away your money to attain their definition of success. Which is working for them. lololol you really dont see it?

Last edited:
LOL why is everybody hating on the man going to school?

Even if he did get a free ride, you can all go to school if you wanted to.

Just about how much risk you're willing to take, and believing you will make the most of it.

Reason I started thinking **** it and going to art school is cause my brother's friend is going full-time, on loans, with almost a 2 hour daily commute, while working almost full-time.

He's 22 and I'm 29 and he has an amazing head start on where I was at that age, and it's cause he was willing to take that risk, my only regret is taking so long to figure these things out.

When I came to that realization, luckily it fell into place with my state of moratorium in community college because now I have all my general college course out of the way and ready to make the leap.

Personally I'm tired of being afraid of tomorrow and letting that affect decisions I make today.

You only live once homie, be all you can be.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

The difference between me and you is Im not happy working for somebody else. So i dont give a flying rats dick who they take brotha.

Working for someone else is not success. But they got you conditioned to give away your money to attain their definition of success. Which is working for them. lololol you really dont see it?

Stop looking at things as so final, when they could just be a means to an end.

I'd love to work for myself eventually too but sometimes in life you gotta follow before you lead.

I dont have a problem with ppl wanting to go to school. If you dont wanna build from the ground up and you want to hop on a ship thats already set sail and get another man or womans pockets swoll then thats fine. If thats your definition of success thats fine.

What I do have a problem with is people who get all stuck up and spew out negativity towards people who dont believe in the school system and college. Some people dont have the ability to think for themselves though.

Risk vs potential return. Higher the risk, higher the potential return.

Me starting my own empire from the ground up is a much greater risk than attending college. So Im gonna reap my much greater return. I could go to college for free too, I am right now. But as soon as these charges get dropped, Im outta there and its music full time! Im blessed to be in the situation I am in and have a supportive family. But even if I didnt I wouldnt resort to college.

Freelance forever man. Work for someone else, and you're basically their puppet.

Freelance forever man. Work for someone else, and you're basically their puppet.
I was waitin for you to come in here and cosign. At least the two of us get it man.

When I work for myself, its so much more stability. When you work for someone else, they gon fire yo mu****in ass when times get tight. They really dont care a DAMN thing about you.

LMAO how can anybody in America say they don't believe in the school system?

LOL I think maybe you just take for granted what school has done for you up to this point in your life?

The school system is no different than the rest of life, it's all what you make of it.

But to say you don't believe in the school system?

Let's just say overall education and higher learning have a pretty good track records that go back a few thousand years.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Right....

So is this all idealistic chit-chat you're beaming to us from Utopia?

Because you're not sounding realistic at all talking about never working for anybody.

Here in the real world we have necessary evils.

LMAO how can anybody in America say they don't believe in the school system?

LOL I think maybe you just take for granted what school has done for you up to this point in your life?

The school system is no different than the rest of life, it's all what you make of it.

But to say you don't believe in the school system?

Let's just say overall education and higher learning have a pretty good track records that go back a few thousand years.

They got you ****ed up bro.

GET GOOD GRADES TO GET ACCEPTED TO A GOOD COLLEGE AND PAY THAT TUITION!!!!

SUCCESS IS COLLEGE AND A JOB FORSOME TYPE OF LARGE COMPANY

The school system didnt teach me shit I wanted to learn about hardly. They do aight, but they have to, to sell you them lies.

LMFAO like I said man maybe you're just ungrateful for everything they've done for you.

Were having this written conversation because one of "dem evOLe braNE WashAZZ" taught you how to read and write :rolleyes:

Is that not enough?

LMFAO like I said man maybe you're just ungrateful for everything they've done for you.

Were having this written conversation because one of "dem evOLe braNE WashAZZ" taught you how to read and write :rolleyes:

Is that not enough?

My parents taught me how to read and write. If you are incapable of learning without the school system thats your problem, not mine.

You control how you feel ENTIRELY. There are only two types of beliefs PERIOD. Those associated with pain, and those with pleasure. But they dont teach you that. They just teach you how to get them good grades to get accepted to the good college to pay the big ass tuition.

I was waitin for you to come in here and cosign. At least the two of us get it man.

When I work for myself, its so much more stability. When you work for someone else, they gon fire yo mu****in ass when times get tight. They really dont care a DAMN thing about you.

Exactly. Its not about the music to them, its about the cash. No ones real anymore. Indie labels and independent musicians are mostly the happy ones.

Is that not enough?

Dont argue wit fools my friend!!!

Dont argue wit fools my friend!!!

Why am I wrong and you right?

Like I said if you are incapable of becoming "successful" without school that's fine. They need ppl like you. They FEEED of ppl like you. They prrrrossssper off people like you.

And you break yo back to turn around and work for them.

But like I said if you are incapable of doing it on your own then I guess its the right choice for you right?

Last edited:
this thread is pretty amusing...I think the funniest thing mentioned so far is that colleges are a scheme to take your money lol.

Here is some data; I'm sure you'll say it's made up or whatever, but take it for it's worth:

The report titled "The Big Payoff: Educational Attainment and Synthetic Estimates of Work-Life Earnings" (.pdf) reveals that over an adult's working life, high school graduates can expect, on average, to earn $1.2 million; those with a bachelor's degree, $2.1 million; and people with a master's degree, $2.5 million.

Persons with doctoral degrees earn an average of $3.4 million during their working life, while those with professional degrees do best at $4.4 million.

Sources:
About.com: http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/p23-210.pdf

Lifetime Earnings Soar with Education – How a Higher Education Leads to Higher Lifetime Earnings

Yeah, I know, you're going to be a superstar and will make millions and millions. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, and I will be very happy for you if/when it does, but I sure hope you have a way to make ends meet in the meanwhile.

no one ever gets ahead by their self...NO ONE

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

college's are for profit we know that...and the most amusing thing is YOUR IN COLLEGE LMAO

OK bro, and who taught your parents, and who taught their parents?

Or is your family tree a long legacy of self-taught geniuses?

Back