The south is doing big things. No disrespect to NY though.

I know aint no sh!t gunna get started over this! Hip-hop is for everyone, everywhere. Drop this bullcrap already! Theres plenty a bullsh!t from the eastcoast/north thats full of ignorance and violence and sh1t i dont like either, jus like theres groups i love from the south like Goodie mob, Lil brother& the whole justice league etc.. So please, let the bullsh!t soak, rest yah neck, fall back or whatever. Lets just not start no regional sh!t over this aight.

I don't know many cats that fail to recognize the talent of Andre and Cee Lo no matter where they are from. I know there's talent in the south and I've always given credit if credit is due so I'm not sure what that dude is talking about.

Last edited:
I'm apologizing for the south

okay, i would just like to take this time to apologize to every true hiphop fan. Yes, you guys are right. We cant rap in the south, we are destroying hiphop. We all know this because you cats tell us and remind us of it all the time. The thing is we are happy with what we are doing, we love hearing these bullshyt songs in the club. We wouldn't be true to ourselves if we disregard our own feelings to make you happy. For years the radio waves were flooded with nothing but eastcoast rap, we hated that shyt, almost all the beats were lame as hell to us. But, thats what you guys liked and we respected your taste.
Lots of people on the east say we cant talk and we sound stupid in the south, we say that yall sound corny. Our styles are different lets face it and live with. Pimp C told yall niggas this aint hiphop, these country rap tunes. FUK hiphop don't! class us as hiphop, an maybe you wont be so pissed that our music different. and yeah why so many cats from the east trying to adapt our southern style so they can sell.

I feel what you saying. Good point.

I honestly feel that its ****ed up the way one region has dominance over the airplay everywhere at the same time. There should be some balance, eascoast artists aren't doing anything about the surge in southern music. If everyone kept releasing their own music, then there would be a balance, and music would cater for everyones needs.

I don't undertsand why one area's sound has to be emulated by everyone, when not everyone likes it. To me it just sounds like cashing in. Its lame. Theres still a market for eastcoast thoughtful lyrics and hard beats. Theres still a market for westcoast bangers. So why don't the artists from these areas cater to these markets?

J Cutz said:
I feel what you saying. Good point.

I honestly feel that its ****ed up the way one region has dominance over the airplay everywhere at the same time. There should be some balance, eascoast artists aren't doing anything about the surge in southern music. If everyone kept releasing their own music, then there would be a balance, and music would cater for everyones needs.

I don't undertsand why one area's sound has to be emulated by everyone, when not everyone likes it. To me it just sounds like cashing in. Its lame. Theres still a market for eastcoast thoughtful lyrics and hard beats. Theres still a market for westcoast bangers. So why don't the artists from these areas cater to these markets?
real talk!!!!! we gotta chill out with this dumb shyt and do what we love doing.

francy said:
real talk!!!!! we gotta chill out with this dumb shyt and do what we love doing.

LMFAO x 100000000000000000000000000

i dont even need to explain how contradictory that was

Why change the title of the thread so much? The south has people hating on them from all angles. Saigon and Papoose are doing good on myspace, but they aint going to ever get any spins in the south. The south doesn't Fvck with N.Y. rappers any more unless they are trying to be down with the south.

OsamaPigLatin said:
I predict that before ATLANTA's reign is over with...someone's gonna drop outta The South to rip an entire new azzhole out of any southern artist who claims to be The King.
There is somebody like that named Triple J aka Bumpy Johnson he was signed to Def Jam and got shelved in the 90's. He is FIRE, I will be releasing the mixtape on my site soon. There is a mixtape on my site right now that has him on a couple songs you can go and download it for free at durtysouthmusic.com

The site is still under construction, but you can get the mixtape now. We got drops from Russel Simmons, Rick Ross, and many more majors. Check it out!

Last edited:
We got Dickies and I saw some Cali dudes on T.V. with grills so just chill out lil buddy. I don't have any beef with the West Coast, but I didn't see one sign that they are coming back unless you call doing a song with Lil Jon coming back.

Nothing in Hip Hop has ever came back

I'd also like to say that the FLAT-TOP haircut era was a sad moment in black history.

biggrome said:
Nothing in Hip Hop has ever came back

I'd also like to say that the FLAT-TOP haircut era was a sad moment in black history.

you know you had one Rome

AND you were doing the Ain't No HAlf Steppin dance at a party once you were drunk

Last edited by a moderator:
C.P. said:
you know you had one Rome

AND you were doing the Ain't No HAlf Steppin dance at a party once you were drunk

I had a tall one with lines in it. It was more for intimidation while I was on the wrestling team... I think my hair even punked a few dudes. I'm from a small town....

I'm going to photoshop all of the pictures I have with me wearing a flat-top... - there I never had one. I'll change the colors of the cross colors clothes too.

I never wore any cross colors though, fo real.

Paper Chase "Why change the title of the thread so much? The south has people hating on them from all angles. Saigon and Papoose are doing good on myspace, but they aint going to ever get any spins in the south. The south doesn't Fvck with N.Y. rappers any more unless they are trying to be down with the south."

You know I just started thinking, maybe NYC cats need to get with south cats, I am from NYC and if this happens this will show unity, we are both from Africa so why can't we all just make money together? Even K-Slay said " yo lil jon and nem lol yes and nem, showed me mad love yada yada " but then he goes on to say and I seen it here " If I see yall doing that dam snap music Ima slap the shyt outta yall, fu** down south, bring NYC back support your artist" . In order to sell records basically people want that party feel good music they don't want killing and all that. Once Lil Jon and the south showed that a lot of young NYCers got on that, it's the young ones 13 up to 21 that like that music because all they want to do is party and they buy a lot of the records. There are some that are older but face the fact sells are driven by younger people and a lot of caucasian youngsters also. So you said a good thing, come together and get that money together and learn to treat each other right. I just thought about it if we speak with proper english in the north and south talk slower it's cool we both from the same fig tree. Paper chase that was peace.

www.soundclick.com/danoc

DaNOC said:
Paper Chase "Why change the title of the thread so much? The south has people hating on them from all angles. Saigon and Papoose are doing good on myspace, but they aint going to ever get any spins in the south. The south doesn't Fvck with N.Y. rappers any more unless they are trying to be down with the south."

You know I just started thinking, maybe NYC cats need to get with south cats, I am from NYC and if this happens this will show unity, we are both from Africa so why can't we all just make money together? Even K-Slay said " yo lil jon and nem lol yes and nem, showed me mad love yada yada " but then he goes on to say and I seen it here " If I see yall doing that dam snap music Ima slap the shyt outta yall, fu** down south, bring NYC back support your artist" . In order to sell records basically people want that party feel good music they don't want killing and all that. Once Lil Jon and the south showed that a lot of young NYCers got on that, it's the young ones 13 up to 21 that like that music because all they want to do is party and they buy a lot of the records. There are some that are older but face the fact sells are driven by younger people and a lot of caucasian youngsters also. So you said a good thing, come together and get that money together and learn to treat each other right. I just thought about it if we speak with proper english in the north and south talk slower it's cool we both from the same fig tree. Paper chase that was peace.

www.soundclick.com/danoc

I'm not from Africa...lol Or from the south or from the East Coast. I'm just a white cat from the Midwest. People look at me funny when I tell them I produce hip hop....lol

DaNOC said:
You know I just started thinking, maybe NYC cats need to get with south cats, I am from NYC and if this happens this will show unity, we are both from Africa so why can't we all just make money together? [/url]
I see what you are saying and it happens, just look at Jay-Z, Young Jeezy and Rick Ross or 50 cent and Young Buck. That is the only way I see it working. The N.Y. partner has to have alot to offer. If they are both on the same level, I doubt it could work because the niggas in the South don't like to deal with cats from the North (we been getting sh!tted on for so long). It's also a lot of people with power already down here to deal with.

I'll tell ya one thing....

Even though I say that NY emcees are more than likely to try and "teach u something" then a southern emcee, I think the reason why a lot of nyggas REGARDLESS OF THE REGION are so naive is because of the people you've expected to teach u something in the first place.

The places I could take that statement are limitless in my opinion. There's only one rap song in the world who's bullshyt I fell for because at the time I was working at a fast food restaurant, and the lyrics made absolute sense to me...but I was 16 then, and was still an A/B student. I don't even want to know how many of you are grown ass adults and still believing that the shyt you see on tv has absolutely any negative effect on how people think. It's funny how people say, "The music doesn't influence me to do anything good or bad" when we're talking about a BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY HERE. If listening to enough hip hop makes you want to make your own music then what are the chances that listening to enough damaging hip hop makes you want to fukc up your position as a free-thinker?

There can't be that much petrone in the world that you're too fukked up to question ANYTHING.

i think thats why one of the only rap groups i like is dead prez cause theyre on some angry black music that says "dont lose your identity, but dont be some consumerist slave"

Back