The south is doing big things. No disrespect to NY though.

YoungHov said:
What's being played in the clubs is not a true representation of good Hip-Hop. When the East coast was on top, you didn't have to make corny shyt like Snap music to sell records, which is exactly why you will find East Coast artists "imitating" the South. What's funny is that if you listen to Busta Rhymes new album, besides Touch It it sounds nothing like a Southern album, and is also one of the best that I have heard this year. Again, I see all this talk about sales and spins, but little about skill.

We do talk about skill but you guys find every excuse not to give somebody from the south props so we make other points like sales and spins. When we say Andre 3000 and Cee-lo or Luda have have skills ya'll always say some dumb shyt like they are not hiphop or nah they fell off. Its a losing battle because the eastcoast will never admit that there are nyggaz in the south that are just as good or better than some cats on the east coast. If you are basing skills off what you see on TV or hear on the radio then you are the fool.

MARC YEN said:
We do talk about skill but you guys find every excuse not to give somebody from the south props so we make other points like sales and spins. When we say Andre 3000 and Cee-lo or Luda have have skills ya'll always say some dumb shyt like they are not hiphop or nah they fell off.

Since when have you hear the North or any other coast talkin' about those dudes falling off? You're doing the same shyt I was guilty of...believing something about a coast based on what you pick up on in internet forums. Do some traveling..talk to nyggas IN REAL LIFE about another region and it's music and get back to us with your new theories.

MARC YEN said:
Its a losing battle because the eastcoast will never admit that there are nyggaz in the south that are just as good or better than some cats on the east coast. If you are basing skills off what you see on TV or hear on the radio then you are the fool

Da fukc are you talkin' about? We give Little Brother more props than North Carolina itself!!!!! The love for Scarface up here???...negro please. T.I. gets the respect...I've been spreading love for Ceelo for the past month..and yes I know I'm hella late.

As far as us basing skill off what we see on tv and the radio???? LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLLLLLL!!!!!! Isn't that EXACTLY what the fukc you've been up to when you base "HOTNESS" off soundscan numbers???????????? You act like you're teaching us something about measuring an artist's lyrical worth. WE'VE BEEN the ones saying that you can't measure by that bullshyt.

Man I feel like I'm talking to a fukcin' slinky over here or somethin'!

osama pig latin kills it every time. i dont see why guys from NY wont dance, i mean cats from detroit do the jit, ****, i do the jit. Jit Jit.

i grew up in the bay area, and there was black culture around all the time, and i move up to seattle 3 years ago. Because of the lack of black people up here, all that you see and hear is the **** from clearchannel and viacom. So when the only thing being exported to other regions is field slave music as osama puts it, it makes people wonder, are yall ****ing stupid?

Last edited:
MRT1212 said:
osama pig latin kills it every time. i dont see why guys from NY wont dance, i mean cats from detroit do the jit, ****, i do the jit. Jit Jit.

i grew up in the bay area, and there was black culture around all the time, and i move up to seattle 3 years ago. Because of the lack of black people up here, all that you see and hear is the **** from clearchannel and viacom. So when the only thing being exported to other regions is field slave music as osama puts it, it makes people wonder, are yall ****ing stupid?

It's a stereotype, but I've met 2 kids back in the day who danced to practically everything. Watching them was like seeing dudes pop some shyt in a B2k video...and you had to respect their talent. I never really did get it when people hated on B2K for their dancing...dudes had skill...period.

But around here there's just some things...like you WOULD NOT catch a nygga doing the "chickenhead" or some snap shyt without someone really trying to crack a bottle over your head. Some east coast dudes just hate on dancing period. I stay at a club or lounge and I'm not a wallflower...nope not one bit.

If this were two months ago I'd probably still think I couldn't blame you for supporting this shyt because you grew up with it..and it's all that you had. But nah...I was wrong. You've always hady' access to dope music that came from YOUR OWN REGION. Dallas Austin and those other boys couldn't have been that dope just listening to Ho Ass music. I know this...but ignorance is bliss as I've said.

MRT1212 said:

Hell I just wrote something that didn't post when I sent it.

Anyway, we dance...a lot of us do. At least I do. Not a wallflower in the least.

P.S. I used to think The South couldn't be blamed for supporting that trash because it's what you grew up with. Then I remembered Dallas Austin and a few others who obviously couldn't have been that talented on the strength of ho ass music alone.

I wish I could take every last one of you out of The South for a good 3 months to see how other people feel about you. That'll fix that blur in your mindsight real quick. Shyt..you might even question a thing or two.

Last edited:
OsamaPigLatin said:
Since when have you hear the North or any other coast talkin' about those dudes falling off? You're doing the same shyt I was guilty of...believing something about a coast based on what you pick up on in internet forums. Do some traveling..talk to nyggas IN REAL LIFE about another region and it's music and get back to us with your new theories.

Da fukc are you talkin' about? We give Little Brother more props than North Carolina itself!!!!! The love for Scarface up here???...negro please. T.I. gets the respect...I've been spreading love for Ceelo for the past month..and yes I know I'm hella late.

As far as us basing skill off what we see on tv and the radio???? LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLLLLLL!!!!!! Isn't that EXACTLY what the fukc you've been up to when you base "HOTNESS" off soundscan numbers???????????? You act like you're teaching us something about measuring an artist's lyrical worth. WE'VE BEEN the ones saying that you can't measure by that bullshyt.

Man I feel like I'm talking to a fukcin' slinky over here or somethin'!

You eastcoast dudes say that shyt about Luda and 3000 all the time and you know it. That's why you a hella late on Cee-lo because ya'll don't give the south a chance. Cee-lo and 3000 been holding it down. Ya'll see Lil Jon and D4L and classify the whole south as being dumb because of that. It ain't hiphop. Just like r&b is a spin off of blues: snap, crunk and bounce is a spin off of hiphop. Ya'll can't get parties hype like we do down here. Snap and bounce is strictly for the club. Nyggaz don't ride around down here bumping Laffy Taffy. It's for the females. When ya'll try to do songs for the females ya'll either bite off the south or end up doing some 50 or Ja Rule type of shyt. Which is also another stupid issue ya'll have. Why did ya'll hate of Ja Rule for doing what he was doing. We wasn't hating on him like that down here. He got love for what he was doing from us. If somebody ain't talking about Socrates Philosophies then ya'll don't wanna here it. It seems to me that ya'll dislike anything that is different from what you a used to hearing. I guess 3000 was wrong when he made the song Prototype. That was the best r&b song of 20003

Last edited by a moderator:
MARC YEN said:
We do talk about skill but you guys find every excuse not to give somebody from the south props so we make other points like sales and spins. When we say Andre 3000 and Cee-lo or Luda have have skills ya'll always say some dumb shyt like they are not hiphop or nah they fell off. Its a losing battle because the eastcoast will never admit that there are nyggaz in the south that are just as good or better than some cats on the east coast. If you are basing skills off what you see on TV or hear on the radio then you are the fool.

The signs of greatness the South has shown were in the past and not when it was so succesful. I'm still a fan of Outkast, Cee-Lo, Goodie Mob, Scarface and UGK, but the talent those guys had has had very little or nothing to do with why the South is doing so well in terms of selling records and radio and tv play.

Before you accuse me of "making excuses", you might want to remember I'm not even from the East Coast, I'm not even from America...I'm just calling it how I see it.

The fact that after 90+ posts this dude is still thinking all we wanna hear is astrophysical shyt....

Is even more proof that.......

Yo Cal is that you???????

lol i live in NYC and i dance to crunk, snap, etc but i don't like to listen to some of it when i'm chillin and just listen to it. I still love some of it though.

So Foolish said:
COSIGN MY BROTHA!
CAN I GET AN AAAMEN JTRAXX??? CAN I GET AN AAAAMEN??? HOLLA @ ME!! WOO!!!!!!!!!! COSIGN!!

DAMN YO J COSIGN TO YOUR OTHER POST JTRAXX!! CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!? HELLO??? ANYBODY??? DAMN BIGGROME THATS ACRAAAYZAYYY FORUM!! COSIGN BOI!! CAN I GET AN AMEN JTRAXX? AMEN!!!!!

[/cracka jack]

you sir are on fire.

DaOriginalBlade said:
This is sad man...

I quit music.
I know how you feel; with Kontak questioning the intelligence of the greatest producer of all time, and j-traxx trying to scare him into thinking he's ablaze :rolleyes: probably to make him roll around on the floor and look like an idiot and such.... but anyway you just gotta get past all that!! I'm still makin that music man! I ain't goin nowhere!!! :o

Last edited:
The south don't rule **** The NYC started it all and will never die out this dirty south bull**** sucks they've got no flow at all. how r u gonna try and tell me that lil jon can rap.

dj fade92 said:
The south don't rule **** The NYC started it all and will never die out this dirty south bull**** sucks they've got no flow at all. how r u gonna try and tell me that lil jon can rap.

You just need to... SNAP YO FANGAZ!!! then DO YO STEPPPP!!!

and guess what...

YOU KIN DO IT ALL BY YO-SELLLFFF

LEH MEH C YA DEW WIT!!!

Back