The Evolution Of Trap

StupidxDope

-Lil Jon started the crunk phase.
-Then, Shawty Redd built his own style(trap) around the crunk sound & made it popular.
-Last but not least, Lex Luger brought it out more & made it even more popular.
& it doesn't necessarily mean they're copying, they're just keeping the hype going while adding their own ingredients.
but I want to hear other opinions, what do y'all think?

Fuuck a Lil Jon.

His voice ain't real enough to represent the shit. Sounds like a cartoon version.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

It all started with Bass Music and branched out from there.

I aprove this message......fuuck what the rest will say in the future. This is the truth.

Last edited:
Pastor Troy, Drumma Boy, Dj Toomp (The GODFATHER of Trap), Uncle Luke, 69 Boyz, Trick Daddy. . . .man that list can go on for days.

Here is where people get things confused. People didn't care until they tried to "get in"......thanks to the internet. So now everything has to have a name. But as you look back in HISTORY....(something this smart phone generation care less about)....you will see how ignorant trying to say who started what and explaining and all of that. Which in turn got people who don't know shit about shit.....trying to create something new.....anything new....from shit they don't know about.

OR...........just use a name of something popular just to bring more attention to what they do. That's some fuuck shit.

NEVER DO THESE PEOPLE APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT WHAT WS CONSIDERED UNDERGROUND IS NOW THE SOUND OF MAINSTREAM. Even Master P had to dumb his music down to get mainstream appeal yet kept the rest of the music straight underground gutta.

How about this for trap?

Real trap shit right there.....fuuck what you heard.

Fuuck a Lil Jon.

His voice ain't real enough to represent the shit. Sounds like a cartoon version.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I aprove this message......fuuck what the rest will say in the future. This is the truth.

how the **** did i forgot hitman sammy sam him and oomp camp were quintessential to the atl sounds... bumps baby d eastside vs. westside

Most of these folks don't be listening because they see these MFers on MTV and on charts and shit. Be trying to tell them....these people they be looking up to get they sound from underground niggas.......got mainstream connection and use they style as to "represent" for the home team and present the shit to the world. Which is cool......but these dudes NEVER tell the got damn truth because they loving the title that people who don't know any better be giving them. He call himself "King of Crunk" for the world to see it.....but t don't mean he invented the shit....he POPularized it. So he also gets the blame for people outside (who don't know any better) biting his shit because it's popular and calling it "crunk" as to say it's for the world...when really it's not for people outside the ATL to "take the shit out of where it comes from." Why I be like fuuck these dudes.....not saying I don't like their music or I hate them personally....they just don't keep it 100.

Jeezy and Shawty Redd running round got people actually thinking they started a trap movement......they might have....(OUTSIDE THE CITY WITH A COMMERCIAL ALBUM). So what does that say.......use common sense. P.Diddy signing dudes from the A on some trap shit...he was already in the A with a mansion...chillin. He heard the sound around here and jumped on it. But all yall can say is some Shawty Redd because of a commercial ass Jeezy album.

Rappers been talking about "dope boys in the trap" in verses for a looooooong ass time. T.I......tries to POPularize it by naming his album "Trap Muzik".......you know...with videos on B.E.T and shit so YOU can see. But he got the idea from somewhere right? It's not like some nigga put a crazy ass beat together and T.I was like "you know what....from hence forth...thy music shall be called Trap music.....representing the (STYLE OF MUSIC) ME AND MY BEATMAKER have invented.

These dudes make me unset. I respect the dudes who say "this is our music in the city of ATL." Because it's not just them doing the style......NAW...these niggas be wanting to put broke dreamchasers waaaaaaaaaaay in the back burner to make them seem like they above the rest of the underground and shit. Niggas stole the underground sound and POPularized it. The outcome....MFers make beats and call them Trap.....but they don't sound like trap or have shit to do with trap. Blessing for them, curse on the city.

Fuuck yall........this the ATL thread jack move!!!

Fuuck a Thug Motivation.....shit is soft, son.....compared to the underground...MFER!!!!!

Weak ass Trap Muzik album man.....ain't fuucking with....

Them niggas commercial ....synthetic........trap music is for the masses. Click up and drink chocolate milk and shit talking bout 808s. Yall can't handle this shit.

Carry on man! I still love all them dudes though...T.I...Jeezy....Lil Jon. But yall niggas should've and still need to get back at the underground. Not saying sign MFers....but let niggas know the city...not your fuucking life story. So what you sold dope nigga......got caught with guns.....you reppin the A......start speaking on niggas so they can get some shine. You know good and got damn well you were bunmping more than NWA.....so why the fuuck you bring up well known names for....let the world want to see some shit you were bumping from local cats getting they hustle on. GOt damn!!! Love yall niggas, though. Getting mad cause these already known ass niggas act like they don't want to get together....kind of shit is that? You have a whole city...calling your self a king nigga....if you a king....put the got damn city on your back instead of your self and your selfish plans...got dammit!

I'm out man....fuuck FP....done with this shit!!!! I quit.

Take yall back....not too far.
Radio shit that was pumpin hard while the "crunk" shit was in the club heavy and the "trap" shit was in the streets and underground stores.

Just saying....the ATL need their day....a big ass fuucking day. Because it be feeling like it's nothing but hate coming from people when it come to the A......when we showed EVERY GOT DAMN body love. But it's 2013 and yall be like "I'm tire of 808s".....sneak dissin and shit. And it's our top artist fault. All people can think about is Crunk.....Trap....Snap....Booty Shake...Lil Jon.....DJ Toomp. Shit is ridiculous man! These niggas be wanting to fight and act up for these ole fuuck boys to talk some stupid shit......trying to prove they really about that life. MAN FUUCK THAT SHIT. GET EVERY GOT DAMN BODY together...nobody on no stupid shit....nothing but love...AND DO THE DAMN THING!!!!

NEW YORK.....RUN THAT GOT DAMN SHIT!!! HAVE YOUR DAY!!!!!! I'm sick of this shit man!! Fuuck wrong with this world? I don't hate Europe and places over seas man...I got a lot of love for them/yall for real......but we can't keep allowing ONLY YOU to be excited about a lot of this shit. We can't allow YOU ALL to be confused to a point that shit gets out of hand and we don't care as long as you all over seas are cheering.....then we end up lying and pushing other people back that need some shine too. SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!! Niggas come here and want to prove something...niggas be way over big ass oceans and shit....TRYING TO PROVE SOMETHING. NONE OF YALL AIN'T SHIT.....let the old and the new get some where you at!!!! Quit trying to pump up people outside where you from and down them people. Foos act like if they don't do trap music then it's out dated.....yet we prove that shit false EVERY GOT.....DAMN...TIME!!!! We need to quit with this shit. Love yall man....but this shit is getting out of MFING HAND!!!

I hate not SEEING WESTCOAST ARTIST not doing some westcoast shit. Experimenting and shit. Fuuck is wrong with yall? New York niggas using that lame ass excuse about them not coming together on shit........EXCUSE GOT DAMMIT...YOU KNOW THE PROBLEM THEN FIX THE SHIT!!!

LET THESE OLE NOTHING ASS STREETS TURN YALL INTO NOBODIES!!!! We got lame ass rappers like Big Sean and shit.........taking over.....HOW THE FUUCK DID THAT HAPPEN? Got dudes like Drak stressing how much of a real NIGGA he is! Now it's home train MFERS who know which fork and spoon to eat with what "RAPPING SO REALISTIC ABOUT HOW MUCH OF A REAL NIGGA THEY ARE.......how the fuuck did that happen?

Fuuck man.............niggas feel the internet is their savior...so they gots to do what's hot. Which mean I got to hear a nice guy from the clean roads of Canada talk about how he be trappin..........WTF? THey be all "THIS IS REAL......I'M BOUT THAT FOR REAL.......come on man....YOU AIN'T GOT TO RAP ABOUT THAT SHIT TO BE GOOD.

FUuck it man....I quit...I give up.....

Fill yall ass up every time I see a got damn trap thread. Have to ban me got dammit!

Hearing all these real chants.........niggas put blood, sweet, and tears into them got damn chants......for yall to chop up one litte "whut" and connect the muthafuucking dots! Now you put the shit on some EDM shit and call it trap. KISS MY ASS FROM HERE TO CROSS THE STREET!!!!

Last edited:
Zaytoven pretty much pioneered the trap sound
Then it was Drich who influenced shawty redd.
Shawty redd influenced Lex Luger
Then trap music became popular
Now people like Mikewill and sonny digital and more use trap style beats with their own unique variations.
Last but definitely not least all of the above have influenced me. See what style you can hear in my productions here Hard Beats 4 $ale

Zaytoven pretty much pioneered the trap sound
Then it was Drich who influenced shawty redd.
Shawty redd influenced Lex Luger
Then trap music became popular
Now people like Mikewill and sonny digital and more use trap style beats with their own unique variations.
Last but definitely not least all of the above have influenced me. See what style you can hear in my productions here Hard Beats 4 $ale
LMFAO gtfoh cant even get facts straight

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

yea you just shut this shit down lol

Check the message.

Too bad yall weren't born while I was outside the club partying. Real crunk music.

Oh...."Trap" music is going to evolve into this. I'll bet 1,000 on it. Letting yall know it alls hear it now before yall start talking bout whatever new dude who gets it poppin.

Keep filling yall up. You'll get the picture soon.

Last edited:
Back