The Evolution Of Trap

Another Trap thread.. W.T.F. Outkast and people like 8ball/mjg been rapping about TRAP for many many years. it goes waay back. people wanna call it trap music, double the hats even more and say they made this shit up? WTF? if anything it is corney ****ing music now because trap music isint about who got the fastest high hats or who sold the most drugs got damnit

i agree TI had a major part in CALLING it trap muzik. but thats another story LOL i think i got all worked up over the fact that this debate was done about a month ago, same shit LOL We are good everybody, we cool.. whats considered TRAP beat today is just a spin off and re-branding of something that has been around probly bout as long as hip hop itself.

listn to andre 3000 verse. well, have you?

Trap today needs more cowbell.

Just ride and STFU. Music that calms a savage beast.

It's this compilation I bought back in 95'.......I will never find ever again in my life. Shit was so got damn underground. Been searching for years......a bunch of just regular local unknown artist from Memphis. That shit went stupid hard. Had that southern blues shit, 3-6 type shit, east coast JayZ type shit, a bunch of songs to smoke to, ect. I got like 5 songs of it in my head.......YOU KNOW WHAT...I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!!! MIGHT HAVE A CLUE....(most likely won't help me..but it's a try). I guarantee if I find it...you will want to buy it (or for the multitude of bums...download it). It's fuucked up man....I bought CDs from dudes without even thinking about them needing to make their money back....it was just what you were suppose to do. You buy a tape...it gets beat up...you got a couple of dubs. You scratch a CD...you buy a new one. Yall don't give a fuuck about nothing though.

lol
ITT, everyone is shocked and loling that previous poster forgot to mention the thing that they have known about since waaaaay before it was popular.

Trap hipsters lol.

Last edited:

Bad like who...............ME THAT'S WHO!!! I invented trap......all yall niggas biting! Niggas was biting Luke when I was cooking up shit.

MY INSPIRATION FOR INVENTING TRAP

Sit yall ass down.....got dammit! The pioneer is in the building! This my award thread. Yall niggas were sampling 808 machines......I had to use toms and low octave ocarinas and shit. Had to use high octave synth noise for hats...opened and close. I was a bad MFer.......didn't have a sampler.....so I tried to make my shit sound like sampled music....I failed.....but the outcome was what people call "trap music" today.

Now yall calling this music that sounds like this "trap music".......smh.......OH IT EVOLVED THOUGH!!

Call that shit what it is youngins......that EDM trap shit is that right there. I love that type of music......bring bass music back.

Last edited:
Youngings always seem to f*ck up what is already good. Im 23 years myself and already feel distanced from other young people.

Cant wait for EDM fades away and gets replaced by a new sound. Belive me, it WILL happen.

lol... tell that to the people who supported the creation of new genres.. I bet you they were mostly hippy young people...

Last edited:
Youngings always seem to f*ck up what is already good. Im 23 years myself and already feel distanced from other young people.

Cant wait for EDM fades away and gets replaced by a new sound. Belive me, it WILL happen.

EDM has been big overseas for years before it came here. So I really don't see it fading too much

Change the name and stop the madness.

Ops.....wrong thread....this ain't my shit......

Oh yeah..this the thread where I do shit like this

Dude hittin that shit....lol!

Last edited:
Does it not annoy you guys when Rice pops in and drops a list of Youtube vids in a thread with no context?
Seems like that happens a lot lol.

Does it annoy you guys when dudes be on Rice dick so got damn hard that they don't contribute to the threads at all? You know something? Post it.......you might be able to put something back in my memory and help these guys understand shit......(see through ass). My videos are showing the evolution of what people call "trap". Your post is "har har har.....this dude Rice keep posting videos.....yall check this shit out....{to a couple of dudes next to you}. Speak on the thread....not on Rice. Don't be all fake and shit.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Wasnt it T.I. who created the Trap Muzik genre? or am i missunderstanding here?

Shit like this Mr.Koo...............can you answer this for him? Let's hear what you and your homeboys got to say. Since I see you in this thread...I expect an answer......correct answer.

Last edited:
I just think some explanation of what you are trying to say with the videos would be good.
Im not saying that you dont have anything good to say, Im just saying that its hard to even tell what you are trying to say.
And Ive seen you do it like that a few times.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Let's hear what you and your homeboys got to say. Since I see you in this thread...I expect an answer......correct answer.
LOL?
Are you the quizmaster?

I can guess the answer:
"LOL, (someone way before TI) invented Trap, idiot! How do you not know that!? Also, he was so much mo' riller and whatnot that TI ever will be!"

Am I close?
Lets see the answer in the form of a Youtube video!

No, I get it. Anything with snare/hihat rolls is Trap.

Last edited:
Back