So What's Everyone Workin On Right Now?

that's very true, but not every beat is the same, you can make a great beat in 4 hours, and another might be made over a period of a week

you can't generalize how much time it takes to make a beat based on the level of ''dopeness''

every single one is an art in itself and its different

if you cant make a dope skeleton of a beat in less than 2 hours, you might wanna find a new profession.
Its not hard. its all about workflow. If you have your sounds organized, know where to find what you want, and know some basic synthesis and production techniques it speeds shit up.
Alex Da Kid doesnt have beats all over the place because hes working on other projects and not freelancing.
Dre isnt all over the place because Dre isnt popping as an artist or a producer anymore. Thats why he's doing features and riding the Kendrick Lamar wave to get back on the scene

its not hard to get a dope skeleton. Drums that hit hard, basic verse, hook.. and if you got time for it a bridge. The artists record... you say youre gonna work on it more at the crib. and then you produce the song. Fx and all that might take some time. But remember youre working on other peoples time not your own.

you gotta have a library i cant stress it enough. People arent gonna sit and wait for you to get your shit in order. They just gonna keep it moving.

as far as what im working on? beat wise, whatever comes to mind
artist wise?

Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q, Kent Money of Surf Club, Mac Miller, Big Sean, A$AP Rocky, and a couple others that i dont wanna name just yet.

if you cant make a dope skeleton of a beat in less than 2 hours, you might wanna find a new profession.
Its not hard. its all about workflow. If you have your sounds organized, know where to find what you want, and know some basic synthesis and production techniques it speeds shit up.
Alex Da Kid doesnt have beats all over the place because hes working on other projects and not freelancing.
Dre isnt all over the place because Dre isnt popping as an artist or a producer anymore. Thats why he's doing features and riding the Kendrick Lamar wave to get back on the scene

its not hard to get a dope skeleton. Drums that hit hard, basic verse, hook.. and if you got time for it a bridge. The artists record... you say youre gonna work on it more at the crib. and then you produce the song. Fx and all that might take some time. But remember youre working on other peoples time not your own.

you gotta have a library i cant stress it enough. People arent gonna sit and wait for you to get your shit in order. They just gonna keep it moving.

artist wise?

Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q, Kent Money of Surf Club, Mac Miller, Big Sean, A$AP Rocky, and a couple others that i dont wanna name just yet.
2 hours in today's market? You are being generous. Maybe its because we are targeting different people but I am not sure that people will wait that long for a rough beat.

2 hours in today's market? You are being generous. Maybe its because we are targeting different people but I am not sure that people will wait that long for a rough beat.

i was being very generous cause i didnt wanna discourage people, really should be 45 minutes. I mean unless you got the studio for 6 hours, how much time do you plan to spend on making the beat. The artist aint always gonna like all the beats in your stash that you had for him. Sometimes they come in with ideas too

I've been working hard for 2 months trying to get better, and better just discoverd this web site so im really excited to get feed back. Good or Bad. I been listining to a lot of you guys soundcloud and I'm just blowen away By your talent. Its driven me more to work harder.

SoundCloud : SamJonesProduction

Last edited:
I've been working hard for 2 months trying to get better, and better just discoverd this web site so im really excited to get feed back. Good or Bad. I been listining to a lot of you guys soundcloud and I'm just blowen away By your talent. Its driven me more to work harder.

SoundCloud : SamJonesProduction

Make your font bigger!!! But on the real though welcome to the site.

artist wise?

It's really the synths that get me. I'll spend like 45 minutes just rummaging around Massive or FM8 lookin for something that fits.

Forreal though, you guys should start actually postin the stuff. It doesn't have to be done. I wanna see what my fellow FPers actually got cookin.

working with my artists sotatted sharky.. and I got a new dude named dice.. he's way too dope.. also working with young sam sodmg and tayf3rd and a1fly... also a pop group named rok fairies.. u can youtube em.. and between all that.. just perfecting my craft..

^^^I likes the remix. You just gotta find someway to take out that high pitch synth and it would be perfect.

Instrumental samples of some of the types of things I've been working on for my clients. (I can post them cuz I'm not using them for the actual projects...)

Last edited:
Instrumental samples of some of the types of things I've been working on for my clients. (I can post them cuz I'm not using them for the actual projects...)

I love the melody in the first one, and I gotta know where you got that synth that comes in mid verse.

Thanx. And Sure..

Synths - Omnisphere

Guitars - Electri6ity and Ministry Of Rock

Drums - Stylus RMX

Pianos - Alicia's Keys

I've been using Music Lab's plugins for guitars, but I mite need to try Electri6ity. And that glitchy synth came out of Omnisphere? I thought it was mostly ambient stuff.

Back