So I had a 1 on 1 meeting with an A&R from Atlantic Records..

^^^I think while defending that the OP probably wasn't lying(because I guess they guys saying he was weren't bitter, but I am), and saying there was nothing wrong with getting a drink before a meeting(guess I'm purposely giving bad advice to throw people off?) I made it seem like anyone can get a meeting with an A&R(wasn't trying to downplay dudes experience sorry for that if it was taken that way a meeting is a big deal, good job, sincerely) and people think I'm mad someone submitted...So since I'm mad someone got a meeting, I tell everyone else how to get a meeting and...you know, whatever. Then I'm somehow mad at the guy telling people not to take meetings because he doesn't waste time submitting anymore after having an amazing music career... i'm not sure what I did, but I pissed people off. Sorry.

Last edited:
I wanna go to Desire Inspires house and piss on him and his computer.

Me too, man. I know where he stay and everything. You wanna ride on that lil busta?

187%20Ride%20or%20Die1s.png

i dont wanna comment too much on this thread, cause i dont want anybody to say im hating or jealous. But best of luck on future endeavors lol

its just not that impressive, with the way that technology is set up, its dope you got a meeting but these things go down with new talent all the time. You can reach out to a loto of artists and managers/A & Rs just through twitter and small convo. So congrats on taking a step toward your goals, but its kinda small in the grand scheme of shit

A blatant amount of haters.. shit's hilarious but okay.. I just typed a story.. that's it.. didn't ask for anything.. didn't come off big headed.. didn't say I'm better than anyone.. just had a special event and decided to tell y'all, not on here as much cuz i"m in school.. so I rather be actually be perfecting my craft than keepin up with fp..what can I say.. I'll just let a hater hate...

A blatant amount of haters.. shit's hilarious but okay.. I just typed a story.. that's it.. didn't ask for anything.. didn't come off big headed.. didn't say I'm better than anyone.. just had a special event and decided to tell y'all, not on here as much cuz i"m in school.. so I rather be actually be perfecting my craft than keepin up with fp..what can I say.. I'll just let a hater hate...
typical oversensitive response good luck in an industry full of jealousy envy and hate if your breaking down over this lmao ... you say you didnt ask for anything than may i ask why post the story... yep more virtual pats on the back and web fellating is what you were aiming for

^^^Again, my dude, congrats. Sincerely. You took a big step towards making a placement and went about it the right way to build relationships for networking. I wasn't trying to downplay that in any way. Having a drink beforehand wasn't a bad move, it's music business, you walk into stuidos where you can barely breathe because of all the weedsmoke in the air more often than not, what's a drink. And while there are other ways to get those meetings, you had cosigns walking in which is respectable. I did not mean to step in anyone's cornflakes with my posts. They were just the ramblings of a bitter old man. :cheers:

Hope something good comes out of it for you. Keep us posted, fam!

^^^Again, my dude, congrats. Sincerely. You took a big step towards making a placement and went about it the right way to build relationships for networking. I wasn't trying to downplay that in any way. Having a drink beforehand wasn't a bad move, it's music business, you walk into stuidos where you can barely breathe because of all the weedsmoke in the air more often than not, what's a drink. And while there are other ways to get those meetings, you had cosigns walking in which is respectable. I did not mean to step in anyone's cornflakes with my posts. They were just the ramblings of a bitter old man. :cheers:

Hope something good comes out of it for you. Keep us posted, fam!
dude dont even defend what you said i saw no bitterness i saw reality in yours posts i dont get why everyone thinaks they gotta walk on eggshells all i saw was you being blunt if anything which is not a bad thing at all :cheers:

typical oversensitive response good luck in an industry full of jealousy envy and hate if your breaking down over this lmao ... you say you didnt ask for anything than may i ask why post the story... yep more virtual pats on the back and web fellating is what you were aiming for

breaking down, lol hardly.. it's the net bro lol.. and at the other comments.. i never called anyone a hater.. never named names.. but it's obvious who has a guilty conscience lol... i won't post anything else unless i'm in a studio with an artist or actually know i got the placement. i'm out, yall stay up.. i'm gone

Good to know people think they know me. That was a ginuine response though. We can learn from anyone who's been around since the analog era and transitioned into the digital while remaining current. I've never had a hit, he had a hit in 75 making it a CLASSIC in 2012. And Max Martin is IMO(said numerous times on this site)one of, if not the greatest pop producer of all times. I'm not easily impressed, and I would indeed be overwhelmed if given a chance to work with him.

Sorry if it came off as sarcasm, but i was salutin dude. As i do others up here like Moses, Bandcoach, Krushing, Big Bear and Massive mastering(who no longer posts)tons of others, sorry if I didn't mention you. I love people who bring knowledge to this site.

No sarcasm was intended. But i forgot, it's the web, people read between the lines when they not supposed to. I'm actually far from bitter. I own a house off music, a few cars off music, have met alot of people and seen the world doing what I love. Didn't know where I'd be in 10 years 20 years ago. I did pretty good for myself and wish BETTER for others. I'm still a hit away from being someone like everyone else I encounter in life and on this site struggling. All i can offer is the story of someone who didn't make it in music who came to a happy place in life, if I don't seem happy, you don't know me. Happily married 13 years, happy father, happy to mix songs and make beats for people you never heard of making $50-200 a night self employed. That's why I just told y'all how to contact A&Rs a page ago to be told I was bitter. So you guys can get in a better position because if I knew all the stuff you guys have access to from the beginning, maybe I woulda got further before I got tired, settled and quit caring. Happily.

Good luck to you all. Take it as sarcasm if it makes you think you got me figured out. :cheers:

I've always considered you the voice of reason especially since you have worked with so many artists. I expected nothing but positivity and encouragement but there were a few times when I thought your posts were negative. One post comes to mind is when someone was admiring a certain producers skills on the piano and your response was something like people give these producers too much credit for their keyboard skills. You went on to say that you could play just as good. I thought that was hating. I even asked you about JR Rotem and you said you werent impressed. JR Rotem is classically trained and I wasnt trying to judge him as a producer but I thought that you would at least give him credit for understanding music theory and chord progression. I agreed with you it still has nothing to do with skills as a producer or feel which I think is really most important. I thought you were hating on the dude who made some songs in 1975. He just seemed like a nice guy. That's all. I may have misinterpreted your sarcasm as hating on that one though. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
I've always considered you the voice of reason especially since you have worked with so many artists. I expected nothing but positivity and encouragement but there were a few times when I thought your posts were negative. One post comes to mind is when someone was admiring a certain producers skills on the piano and your response was something like people give these producers too much credit for their keyboard skills. You went on to say that you could play just as good. I thought that was hating. I even asked you about JR Rotem and you said you werent impressed. JR Rotem is classically trained and I wasnt trying to judge him as a producer but I thought that you would at least give him credit for understanding music theory and chord progression. I agreed with you it still has nothing to do with skills as a producer or feel which I think is really most important. I thought you were hating on the dude who made some songs in 1975. He just seemed like a nice guy. That's all. I may have misinterpreted your sarcasm as hating on that one though. Sorry for that.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...hip-hop-r-b/inside-cribo-scott-storch-417385/

Read the entire thing, but...Thread lead to this post...

Drew brought up a good point. For all i know, everything he's ever put on a record is watered down. He could most definetly be waaaaayyyyy more talented than he lets on.

These artists aren't who bother me, it's the producers that see these artists play simple transitions I can play(mind you I don't know advanced chords/transitions by name, can't read music, and can't play as good as others who I know who never thought of persuing a music career). If you don't have the basic fundamentals to play "just a Lil bit", "make it Rain", "Still Dre", or even something like "G'd Up" by G-Unit...I'm not sure why you think you're ready to be a professional keyboard musician.

Not trying to offend anyone, but how the hell will you make a living of music? It's different if you're an engineer, or sample based producer, but what from scratch melody are you capable of making while being impressed by the playing skills shown in that vid.

Again, in no way am I speaking on the tracks, i'm speaking on how guys on this forum used to flip out at his string trills and gave them all these ridiculous names and methods of being created. It's just mod wheel/finger flutters. Guys who acted as if he had some mutant power that gave him "perfect pitch". WTF does that even mean in the music he's creating? maybe if he used all types of instruments like Prince, I'd be impressed, but how do you have "perfect pitch" off a damn keyboard/sequencer? Just fix your f**k ups!

I'm done, it's just one of those things where I'm gonna seem like I'm hating on Storch when I'm actually disappointed that guys up here aren't pushing themselves enough to know he's doing nothing special. And i'm sure if you put us both side by side on keys he could make me look stupid, especially with sheet music or someone telling us what chords to play, but doesn't change the fact I can play everything he just did in that video good enough that most people wouldn't notice my mistakes and slips like most people didn't notice his.

If you can't at least say that and make "from scratch" beats, you're in over your head. As said before, i sample more than anything, lol, I'm not that damn good. But I can remake any storch beat I can think of.

Maybe it sounded like my gripe was with storch. It's with the guys on this forum acting like they can't play the simple chords and transitions that made him famous. He came up in a time when he was one of the few on a keyboard, but I hope in 2012 at least half this forum full of non sampling keyboardists can play(even if not as well, well enough to get by)everything he just played on that piano. If not, all your chord sheets and forum discussions involving Ab#5's and whatever the crap else(cause I don't know what you guys are talking about, i can't read music, I just play)are excercises in futility.

It wasn't about me being better, it was about all of us striving to be that good because in the live instrumentalist era, or even currently when you jump out of trap music to other genres...that was below average, I was under the impression we aimed for higher.

I was hoping to inspire someone to do better not fluff my own ego. Credit wise I'm not a candle in the sun to Storch, never will be. Neither will John Legend or Stevie J, but both can play everything he just did. So can JR Rotem, Brian Michael Cox, Jeff Bhasker, MAX MARTIN...See where i'm going here? Playing like that is kind of a neccessity if you wanna be a keyboard based producer like understanding simple fundamentals of chopping is needed if you plan to be the next Primo.

Irony, in this thread, I was hoping to inspire others to get into meeting if that's what they wanted to do, but you guys would rather sit in awe. I get it, y'all just wanna sit in awe of the simple fundamentals needed to get anywhere in this biz instead of doing. Continue onlooking.

I can't peice together hits like storch. he makes way better beats than me. that don't mean I shouldn't be able to replay them. I couldn't have wrote "stand by me", but i swear if you're on this forum and can't play that, you need to get off and go practice, you will not ammount to shyt in music. It's not about storch, it's about people being amazed by a betty crocker cake who call themselves chefs.

But then I remembered everyone would rather be in awe than learn what any 10 year old with a piano in the living room and parents who go to church knows. Lol.

So my bad for speaking about your great white hope and his simple transitions. Do better and look up to Mike Dean, Elton John, hell, Randy Newman.

I guess I'm bitter with Ross for being a C.O. everytime I discuss him? R.Kelly for f**kin 14 year olds? They on, right? My fault, I'll never comment on anyone who's made a move again. :cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 36773Just tryna keep yall updated on the grind...

This is the key sentence of the whole thread.

To have it blown up into all its blown up into to me is BLATANT hate.

All this guy was trying to do was recount a story! He never bragged, he never said he was the shit, he never shitted on anything anyone else was doing, and he never said this was his big break!

good lord...

But then I remembered everyone would rather be in awe than learn what any 10 year old with a piano in the living room and parents who go to church knows. Lol.

So my bad for speaking about your great white hope and his simple transitions. Do better and look up to Mike Dean, Elton John, hell, Randy Newman.

I guess I'm bitter with Ross for being a C.O. everytime I discuss him? R.Kelly for f**kin 14 year olds? They on, right? My fault, I'll never comment on anyone who's made a move again. :cheers:

is mike dean a better piano player than storch? from a few clips i've seen it's seems like storch defienetly has a better touch :hmmm:

Back