Selling beats on Soundclick is not a career move.

Sure at 18, making $1500 bucks a month off beats is great. But $30k a year at 30 years old is not where it's at.

But if you make $1500 a month off beats and save that money til you're 30 you will be in a good position.
Soundclick is a great source of secondary income. Not the best career path, but secondary income is great, you can use it to splurge guilt free.

Selling beats anywhere is not a career move.

If you would like to prove me wrong, please do so. I would love to hear a success story right about now. Other than Lex Luger, what urban producer/beatmaker has been successful from posting beats on the internet?

What is success? Success = $40,000 a year for at least 3 years straight.
I've done that from music(not just soundclick...not even just beats for that matter, I have to do alot of different music jobs for that)I think that's a lowball number in a job where tomorrow isn't promised. $40k a year salary on a job you working 30 years straight before retiring isn't even "success" in most eyes. 3 years out of your life ain't shyt.

Last edited:
I myself only do music licensing

What is success? Success = $40,000 a year for at least 3 years straight.

ok.

so you're saying you've made $120,000 in 3 years from rumblefish and pumpaudio? lol.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

I am nowhere near rich or even successful

if you ain't "SUCCESSFUL", then why you talking about other people that ain't SUCCESSFUL?

they in the same exact shoes as you, man.

c'mon now.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

I myself only do music licensing.

and?

if you want to get TECHNICAL, SOUNDCLICK producers only do LICENSING, too.

Not sure why success needs to be $40,000

IMO Success is when you are happy, and personally I would be way happier making music for a living, even if it was less than what I could make at a boring day job.

Hell, if you could pay all your bills off music so all your regular income was free to spend, that is successful to me.

Depends on what you want out of it I suppose, but, make your expectations realistic.

IMO Success is when you are happy, and personally I would be way happier making music for a living, even if it was less than what I could make at a boring day job.

Hell, if you could pay all your bills off music so all your regular income was free to spend, that is successful to me.

Depends on what you want out of it I suppose, but, make your expectations realistic.

Honestly, it doesn't. that's just a clause the OP set in place to make the "opposing stance" less defend-able.

Man all this negativity. If you think 'following your dreams' is dumb then work a ****ing day job. Dont come on a forum and rant and ***** about how you fell short and suddenly know you know all about how other people aint doing this and they not doing this right and theyre not really successful....

Just do you. Thats the thing. People are too worried about the **** OTHER people are doing. Why do you give a damn? Know what I mean? Just do you lol life is what YOU make it. If you THINK success is 40k a year for 3 years straight then thats what it is lol. If you think success is living and supporting yourself pay check to paycheck and not being poor than thats what it is. If you think success is producing music and ballin out then thats what it is....see what Im saying?

To say music is not a stable career is crazy. Music is never going anywhere.

When you run your own shit, you know the future is in YOUR hands. When you work to get that 40k a year at a job your future is ultimately in the hands of the company owners.

Let me ask you this:

What makes ANY SINGLE PERSON on this site ANY different from say...lex.....sizzle.....shawty redd....scott storch.....drumma boy......etc etc? Theyre not special aliens or something they all started out just like we all did. They just had faith motivation and persistence, and the knowledge and will power to LEARN the things they needed to learn.

Some things I noticed.....

Any producer on here whos gaining success....theyre positive. They try to help others do better, not point out what theyre doing wrong and nothing else...

Any super producer...positive attitude.

Any one saying all this and that negativity...then thats what theyre experiencing. Idk you can call it magic i call it looking at multiple situations in and outside the music industry that shows just having faith and motivation and REALLY BEING serious is what gets you where you want to be.

Last edited:
People hate on fiverr hard. lol! But the people on it most likely see it as some extra money. Why not? For example this guy.
turn the vst bass line of your song into a great sounding bass line for $5 - spoturiaudio

Who knows...he might gig 3 times a week at $1000. Hell.....who wouldn't want to spend 2 to 3 hours playing the bass guitar for 3 days a week.....for $1000. Imagine the five dollar hustle.....he could to college and still do 20 of those in a day. Unlike making a beat where you got to think of the idea with multiple tracks....all he has to do is hear your bass line and play it....easy money. He can do that before he go to sleep....after he is done with a gig...it's nothing. lol! I promised myself I was going to get a bass guitar...mad at myself because I had the money. smh. Thinking about this Komplete.........naw man damn a beat.

Shit man.....you young dudes in school got it easy for selling beats. Get that MCDonalds money from em. You would be a fool only to worry about selling on soundclick. GO for it!!!!

Last edited:
People hate on fiverr hard. lol! But the people on it most likely see it as some extra money. Why not? For example this guy.
turn the vst bass line of your song into a great sounding bass line for $5 - spoturiaudio

Who knows...he might gig 3 times a week at $1000. Hell.....who wouldn't want to spend 2 to 3 hours playing the bass guitar for 3 days a week.....for $1000. Imagine the five dollar hustle.....he could to college and still do 20 of those in a day. Unlike making a beat where you got to think of the idea with multiple tracks....all he has to do is hear your bass line and play it....easy money. He can do that before he go to sleep....after he is done with a gig...it's nothing. lol! I promised myself I was going to get a bass guitar...mad at myself because I had the money. smh. Thinking about this Komplete.........naw man damn a beat.

Shit man.....you young dudes in school got it easy for selling beats. Get that MCDonalds money from em. You would be a fool only to worry about selling on soundclick. GO for it!!!!

That's wild, first time hearing about session musicians working for $5.00.
They hating on it because it's new and it's edgy and it matches the new $0.99 beat 'ish like a suit and tie.

I wouldn't care as long as a nigga don't bring me no complex sample to interpolate . . . for $5.00 I wouldn't be really trying to "work" if you catch my drift, lol.

oh yeah?

"things" like what?
Things like how to market and not spam.

Things like how to talk with people and build relationships, not just come off as hustling their service.

Things like a little bit of music theory, and how to improve how they feel about themselves and how to improve their mindstate.

I mean the list goes on. Look, im no expert i havent sold a beat you know....Im not really buzzin.....I dont have credentials to back up what I say yet other than Ive sat and read and read, and watched and watched, and observed and observed...taken notes. I got like 4 or 5 note books going on. Music theory notes, daily goals, monthly goals, brainstorming man all that shit. Journal entries whatever I feel like. When you get ideas ACT NOW not later, cause the idea you let slip away might have been the best one you had in your life so far.

But i know how you work F or Deaf you just like to get that clarification.

Like I said you (not you specifically F, im just speaking in general, no hate or diss) dont have to agree with what Im saying, but im getting closer and closer to my goals every day. And if nothing else my "grind" is improving my mind state. So shit thats a win right there and its only gonna get better.

Im just trying to put some positivity out there for the people who really do want to do this for something other than fun.

But on the note of what I was saying, look at anyone you deem as successful. I bet you can find an example of them saying that a major reason they got wherever they did is because "I just had faith" "I just kept believing" "I just didnt give up" "Im Blessed" etc. Its true!

And another big thing is to get spiritual. Im not saying take a religion. I believe in a higher power...I call him god...but i talk to him like i talk to my dogs (not that I have too many, lol). I hit him with prayers like yo whats good, im thankful for this, im thankful for that....I thank you for that dank ass blunt i smoked today....i ask him to help me stay safe when im doin the shit i shouldnt be doing....like i mean idk im just putting what works for me out there cause it can work if you let it.

I know you didnt mean that quote in like...a "smart ass" way or anything F im just tryna clarify. Hope im not typing to much but the ppl who do read just give it a try. Just refuse to let shit stress you, figure out exactly what you wanna do and just GO FOR THAT SHIT! You only live once (hate that cliche after drake heh) so **** it, why not try to do what makes you happy. Honestly **** society and that you need to do this and this and this to be considered a productive successful upstanding citizen.... bs

I really dont care what any other person thinks of me except the people I care about like my family and neither should anyone else

Last edited:

Ask your wife and kids that same question.

When i first started out in corporate america in 01, i was making $49,000. I thought I was BALLIN!!!!!!!!

But NOW?????? I couldn't even eat bologna and soup every day off $49k.

I do agree that Soundclick is not a career move even though there are people who made it using that site like Kane Beatz etc.

actually the only career move nowadays is sending out beats to A&R's/artist's emails

Ask your wife and kids that same question.

When i first started out in corporate america in 01, i was making $49,000. I thought I was BALLIN!!!!!!!!

But NOW?????? I couldn't even eat bologna and soup every day off $49k.

Clearly the way to overcome that situation is to bag a woman making more money lol.

Role reversal in this b!tch

Last edited:
So much trash talk. Unfortunately, talking tough and getting angry will not do anything to advance you. Stop getting mad. Stop making excuses. Making beats is a hobby. Get a degree and get a job.

So much trash talk. Unfortunately, talking tough and getting angry will not do anything to advance you. Stop getting mad. Stop making excuses. Making beats is a hobby. Get a degree and get a job.

Not trying to bash you bro, but why do you honestly care what other people are doing so much? Like it seems you created an account just to post this. It also makes me question your grind, because someone who is truly getting theirs,doesn't care what the next man is doing. You come off like your looking for negative attention which also makes me question your character and the validity of your opinion.

On another note, about Soundclick, I make roughly $1,200 per month which is not a lot at all, but it helps me financially while I'm going to grad school for my MBA. But, yeah never knock a mans hustle, especially if it's legal and legitimate.

Back