RIP To Young Jeezy's Career.

Am I the Only one that hears Lose My Mind on the radio? Just saying Jeezy ain't as dead as ya'll might think. I think Jeezy got more of a promotional problem than a quality problem.

Me and my friend just had this discussion the other day..

I think he's finished also...

He will need a complete banger to get the ball rolling...He is falling victim to the case of "nelly"syndrome...There is nothing left to offer at this point as far as jeezy goes...

People like jeezy live or die by the "club banger"...

He had his run like Plies...

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Plies' career is still alive. Unlike Jeezy, Plies is okay with having moderately less success. His star may have faded, but his income is steadied by his die hard female fans who, "Just love dem some Plies!"

Yea, Plies has a niche with the females. Maybe Jeezy should try that. Lose My Mind charted on the Hot 100 and everything but it's obviously not that hot if the album is shelved. Do you guys understand what a shelved album means? It's not coming out. I'm sure the label knows what his buzz is like more than any casual listener.

Last edited:
Yea, Plies has a niche with the females. Maybe Jeezy should try that. Lose My Mind charted on the Hot 100 and everything but it's obviously not that hot if the album is shelved. Do you guys understand what a shelved album means? It's not coming out. I'm the label knows what his buzz is like more than any casual listener.

Like Labels always make the most sound decisions. Jive shelved Big Boi's album and when big boi left they refused to let 3000 appear on the album. Hell Papoose's album got shelved back when their still was anticipation. And didn't Def Jam just have a changing of the guard because management didn't know how to promote rap?

Like Labels always make the most sound decisions. Jive shelved Big Boi's album and when big boi left they refused to let 3000 appear on the album. Hell Papoose's album got shelved back when their still was anticipation. And didn't Def Jam just have a changing of the guard because management didn't know how to promote rap?

Are you serious? Papoose had NO place in mainstream. He barely raps on beat and is all gun/robbery talk. He would've sold less than Wale. Big Boi also has no type of buzz as a solo artist. You have to understand the BUSINESS side of it as well as the music side and your post just proves that you have NO idea how the business side works.

I know Jeezy is working hard in the lab. I just spoke to Carlos Oyanedel the other day and told me they are grinding in the studio. He's Jeezy's current engineer.

Lots of artists get shelved these days.

Alot of artists careers are "over". Why when I said this 2 years ago y'all said I had no clue of what I was talking about?

F**k Jeezy, he'll be aiight, he can still "hole in the wall cub" it and release mixtapes and indies. His buzz was always from the streets, he can take it right back there and hoodstar it up like Boosie or Wacka to keep relevant. I'm sure when T.i. get's home that's the most he'll be able to do. That's all Rick Ross just did and he was a 2010 "success story".

What's Kanye gonna do? Rihanna? Nelly? Shakira? At least Katy Perry was smart enough to get into modeling, hosting Nickelodeon, and other outlets. But these type artists don't have product they can push fist to hand, they're the ones who need MTV and clearchannel.

Not Jeezy. He can just hop out the whip on Campbelton Rd and post up like he was selling crack and do "Jeezy Numbers" independently, lol.

If you sold 800k-1M on a label, you just as good selling 50,000 Indie.

Now what do the guys who used to sell 6-8M on a label do?

Are you serious? Papoose had NO place in mainstream. He barely raps on beat and is all gun/robbery talk. He would've sold less than Wale. Big Boi also has no type of buzz as a solo artist. You have to understand the BUSINESS side of it as well as the music side and your post just proves that you have NO idea how the business side works.

I think you missed the point of my post. A lot of labels will refuse to support their artists because the artist won't conform to what's popular at the time. Big Boi for example. He has one of the most highly acclaimed hip hop album of the year. But he has no buzz because the label wouldn't even support him. Hell he had to come out of his own pockets to make videos for his singles. People will buy good music if it's made known to them. The problem is some labels don't know how or care to know how to promote certain artist.

Labels make the mistake of trying to go the extra yard and end up fumbling...

Putting Papoose on Scott Storch beats and having him do generic club tracks did more damage than good..

Im not saying he would have went platinum,but he woulda put up respectable numbers

His charisma is not where it used to be but he still holds a special spot in the hearts of a lot of listeners because when he WAS on, he was ON! Like the legendary tracks were so thug motivational, for lack of a better term, that his spirit is always welcome to come back in the minds of listeners. Even though we saw that his latest efforts were sub par we still checked in didn't we? To see if there's a another ultra banger in there that they stumbled upon making.

He's gotta be cocky and energetic and above all else charismatic. He was never a lyricist but he did have amazing delivery and ad libs. He needs to focus on that, his energy and his swag. That's what we cared about. He's gotta take a page outta kanyes book and continue to be a likeable cocky-funny a-hole on wax.

^true story

He dont even ad-lib like he used to, lol

...this.

Jeezy seems to have forgotten to be what he used to be. I haven't gone crazy for any of his recent material [Anything from Recession & on]. In a songs like "Rap Game" its like he's tried to go back, but he really hasn't. Jeezy isn't delivering vocally like he once did, Redd isn't delivering musically like he once did. Bad news.

I believe Hip-Hop is changing. That's why veterans like Young Jeezy, Nelly, 50 Cent, TI, and Soulja Boy are all facing career ending releases.

The invisible hand is correcting the game. Acts like Drake, Wiz Khalifa, J-Cole, and Nicki Minaj are becoming marquee Hip-hop staples for being center right on the Hip-hop spectrum. Their ability to draw moderate to non-listeners but remain rugged enough for traditionalists adds to their appeal.

The grim reality is the game is in systematic disarray. These veterans are delivering tired formulas. They're focused on the charts and the suits "upstairs" instead of the music.

A mix tape won't save Young Jeezy, but creating an album of traditional, hard core trap music will appease who true fans, which will serve to prolong the inevitable.

Ps: I feel like this blog was written by a 17 year old in AP English. Terrible.
oh so 3-4 years is veteran status now... :rolleyes:

I don't think it's over for him just yet, I believe he has one more album before his career is rip

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

jeezy and shawty redd just need to go back to the studio
Jeezy needs to find a new producer to evolve his sound because shawty redd is finished

Last edited:
Back