relocating again for a music carrier but feel like giving up.

Man, people on this forum make me laugh... Do people just sign up on this forum to argue with other people?? I don't get it, you don't like a post and don't have something positive to say, why say anything? Do you have to prove something by saying something negative? It's your choice to respond, if you don't have a serious answer he isn't asking for you to respond...

My advice man, since you admitted to some social issues in your life, those are things that could he holding you back. You being in an area is not what makes or breaks you. How you are able to build relationships and get better at your craft is where it all comes from.

Ask yourself some questions, who have you built relationships with? You said no one, that's not a good sign... Instead of giving up, why don't you start there? Who is hearing your music? Are you taking advantage of all the internet possibilities? You understand that most artists hit rock bottom before they can make it big right? Check out Graham Cochranes website www.therecordingtevolution.com, he ha an article about DaVinci and how long it took him to create his masterpieces.

I know you want success now, but this game is a marathon, not a sprint...

Also, no one should be pointing or playing the ego game bc all of us artists have one. I don't care who you are, can't believe that card was pulled...

Bottom line, if your being honest... We all feel like giving up sometimes, telling ourselves we aren't good enough, or how can I compete with that? Bottom line is, hard work brings out your talent. You have talent, you just need to keep pushing, keep working and get to the point where your music isn't just "descent." It has to be awesome! Descent will never make it bro. Stop settling for descent and start understand it take next level.

Hope you find you way.

Man, people on this forum make me laugh... Do people just sign up on this forum to argue with other people?? I don't get it, you don't like a post and don't have something positive to say, why say anything? Do you have to prove something by saying something negative?

Name names, otherwise move on with that passive-aggressive shlt...

Of course, everyone seeking something has felt discouraged-that isn't the issue. The issue is how one chooses to deal with it. The OP has a pattern of not sticking to shlt, and after awhile, giving the same advice gets tiresome-especially when you deal with people who don't have the wherewithall to look into themselves to fix the problem. Its easier to cry to others when the solution was within all along. Any successful person will say, the best motivator is the truth-that's where the solution to all your problems lie. And the truth might just be that the OP ain't cut out for this music business.

Name names, otherwise move on with that passive-aggressive shlt...

Of course, everyone seeking something has felt discouraged-that isn't the issue. The issue is how one chooses to deal with it. The OP has a pattern of not sticking to shlt, and after awhile, giving the same advice gets tiresome-especially when you deal with people who don't have the wherewithall to look into themselves to fix the problem. Its easier to cry to others when the solution was within all along. Any successful person will say, the best motivator is the truth-that's where the solution to all your problems lie. And the truth might just be that the OP ain't cut out for this music business.

Nothing passive aggressive... If it gets tiring then why argue? Why say anything? Usually when I'm tired, I stop responding.

I don't know the dude personally but he admitted himself he has some social issues, so why not try and help a dude? There is a way to be kind and truthful at the same time.

Granted, I don't see all his posts, maybe he does this a lot, idk. Still though, it's jut sad that it's a 4 page thread with nothing but an argument. I don't understand it.

I'm not gonna be stuck here arguing though... Just saying...

i haven't posted nothing on here for some time and usually cause its full of a lot of trolls that are serious or give advice. Giving up may have been a strong choice of words when i was in a down mood added with a lot of life issues too a bit of depression but i don't intend to give up I'm looking to be the best producer i can be. As for the future of working on myself I'm looking into composer classes or mentorpiano classes and whatever fixes i can do about not being scared to talk to people.

OP, you have the wrong mentality. If you are creating music to "get rich", you're in the wrong profession. "Making it" in the music industry will only happen if you perform shows. You have to start local, then you have to start going further out and touring on your own by word of mouth, the internet etc.

After you do all that, you may have the slim chance of someone with an independent label showing interest, but they could just end up biting your style/copying your image or ripping you off. So, it's a gamble.

A major label is only going to show interest if they KNOW they can make money off you and that's if you've already done all the hard work yourself.

Personally, I don't think it's "worth it" to "make it".

My advice to you is to just make music because you NEED to and maybe you'll get lucky and have that 1 hit that someone wants to buy off you.

i don't have business knowledge i couldn't sell mustard to a hot dog if i tried thats just not me I'm a loner to be honest and seriously people just don't befriend me so I'm at a loss there. Ive actually lost motivation in artist and now wanna just do electronic instrumentals in which the music speaks for its self and me being the artist threw my music. right now I'm searching for meters,callers who are interested in doing the same kinda things i wanna do cause no one in my home town does and thats the hole reason to the relocation,,by any means right? I have studio time in a million dollar studio over there from graduation so there is were I'm guessing i should concentrate my time and hope some one will share interest in my music cause basically its heard threw out the halls of the studios. It a very large risk again as it was when i attended school to focus on music and it messed like a loss but maybe this is happening for a reason to go back with perpose and understanding what i really wanna do now and search for likeminded people

As I stated in PM I can help you with these hurtles and get you into a position of achievement where you feel comfortable talking to ppl and being around others...
A lot of times I don't feel like being social but I push myself like I did when I played football and was on the track team. but I have always been fun easy going person and make friends easily.

Now I understand a lot of ppl hide in their "shells" and this is how they miss out on opportunities

I have a two-Pronged Attack strategy
Online and Offline Networking

Take a read on Offline Networking here

Online Networking is the easiest of the two but requires a lot of time researching,typing and contacting ppl (similar to cold-calling) but the key is to be genuine and unique in your approach...

if anyone is interested in what I have to offer please click here or contact me through PM as I don't want to make this thread about me
but I see a need for this all the time as many producers have a problem with gaining and keeping beneficial relationships
and I have done little under 100 relationship building plans for producers/animators/rappers/singers

Last edited:
OP, you have the wrong mentality. If you are creating music to "get rich", you're in the wrong profession. "Making it" in the music industry will only happen if you perform shows. You have to start local, then you have to start going further out and touring on your own by word of mouth, the internet etc.

After you do all that, you may have the slim chance of someone with an independent label showing interest, but they could just end up biting your style/copying your image or ripping you off. So, it's a gamble.

A major label is only going to show interest if they KNOW they can make money off you and that's if you've already done all the hard work yourself.

Personally, I don't think it's "worth it" to "make it".

My advice to you is to just make music because you NEED to and maybe you'll get lucky and have that 1 hit that someone wants to buy off you.

i never said anything about making money or making it big in the music my gold is just to independently put out good music and just be good at what I'm doing and have a fan base that enjoys it. Never have i wanted it to be for money all my life it was just more about being the best music producer and i really don't see a problem of whiting to be the best its a good idea right. Also you said locally i should start and has i mentioned i praised all the local artist who are manly shitty but still i respected what they were doing and even offered to work with some who in the past were so down to work with me but now they got some youtube vids and are doing shows for free so now they dnt wanna **** with me. options are limited here like i said and small minded rappers that all hate on each other and hip hop and rap is not even a genre I'm really trying to touch that much. So there by moving to a bigger city were electronic,rap,hiphop,edm,jazz,and everything is always happening and were i can get in a major studio for free seems like a better chance of even just taken a few baby steps.

i never said anything about making money or making it big in the music my gold is just to independently put out good music and just be good at what I'm doing and have a fan base that enjoys it. Never have i wanted it to be for money all my life it was just more about being the best music producer and i really don't see a problem of whiting to be the best its a good idea right. Also you said locally i should start and has i mentioned i praised all the local artist who are manly shitty but still i respected what they were doing and even offered to work with some who in the past were so down to work with me but now they got some youtube vids and are doing shows for free so now they dnt wanna **** with me. options are limited here like i said and small minded rappers that all hate on each other and hip hop and rap is not even a genre I'm really trying to touch that much. So there by moving to a bigger city were electronic,rap,hiphop,edm,jazz,and everything is always happening and were i can get in a major studio for free seems like a better chance of even just taken a few baby steps.

You don't need to move somewhere else to collaborate with people. You can collaborate over the internet with anyone in the world.

Just make music and research artists on your level who are doing the same kinda thing as you and hit them up about a collab.

Most artists are willing to experiment if they haven't found their niche.

I feel ya on the haters, but that's because most rappers thrive on drama. It's what gets people to pay attention to what they're saying.

So anytime you dabble in that genre, you're gonna have to deal with all the egos and personalities that associates with it.

Last edited:
Even though it's cliched you gotta keep "grinding"
First of all Houston is a bad place to relocate to for music in my opinion. The music scene here sucks. We had another artist (Drake) come down here and do something all of the Houston rappers combined couldnt do. Nothing against Drake though. I cant wait to leave. I feel like Atlanta has the juice right now again. I attend Mediatech Institute and I havent made any real connections with anybody. I honestly feel like the school is a waste of money. You're really just paying to use the studios. I've sold a couple beats, but that's it. That's just me though my only intentions was to learn how to engineer and get actual studio experience. This career path isnt an easy one and it'll get even harder. You just have to stay focused on what you are trying to achieve. Instead of working with a lot of different artists try finding one artist and build with them. That one hit will change your life bro. It'll be times you'll fall into a slump but it's just a mind thing. Make a plan and follow through with it.

I say quit.....
Leaves an extra spot for sombody who wants it more...

Whats odd is that u have moved and paid for school for somthing u dnt love to do anyway.....
So either u had love for her and now its lost...
You never had love...just loved the thought of her
Or you havnt posted for a while n thought what the heck

Real talk, I skimmed through this thread and I was actually laughing at what some people said. That's what this is for though. I don't fully agree on the "type tone" but I know this isn't a walk in the park. I get really frustrated in what I do because I don't exactly have the environment to where I can get at least 2-3 hours of silence. I'm never going to quit though. I love what I do from rapping, making beats, shooting videos for me or other people. If you put it out there, you have to be ready for the critics. Can't nobody stop me from doing what I love. Another thing, everybody has an audience whether it's on there street, other side of town or thousands of miles away. You just have to find them or put up a neon sign(metaphorically speaking.) Don't whine on the internet though. Nobody likes the emotional drunk chicc at a party.

Back