relocating again for a music carrier but feel like giving up.

dmajor100

not really sure if this is the right place to be posting this kinda post but maybe sue people can respond and give some advice. about a year ago i relocated to houston tx to attend a music college and threw the year of being in a big city and other related music people i never did make a connect,friend,callab partner or anything that kept and was loosing faith. Facebook was just about the only place i was getting some praise for my work from other wannabe producers from my home town so i decide if I'm getting love there i should move back and have faith something will happen so i moved back and nothing did happen. My hometown is stuck on rap and fake gangsta stuff and nobody really wants anyone to do better then them and its a dead city music wise especially with electronic were I'm trying to take my music now. So I've given up hope for this place and again i am think of relocating to houston again cause its more music opportunities and tons of electronic producers and fan base but I'm scared ill fail again. The main problem is i have no support nor trusted friends or even like minded people that wanna do the same things i do so networking is slim and none for me and its getting to a point we're i just wanna give up this pursuit of making music cause I've lost a lot of ambition for it to be honest and just focus on getting real money with a real future. The music i make is good but not good enough so i don't know how much longer i can hang on to have some thing happen cause i really don't know how i can make things happen when I've already followed the networking rules and still minimal has happened just a few like and followers but thats nothing. Really needing some help

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

Boo. Hoo.

Last edited:
Why not just enjoyjoy it?If you want to make it then you might wanna advertise or whatever those propofessional fellas do, do.

Don't take it the wrong way major pump's been like that lmao blunt but honest advice, I'd listen.Sometimes the best advice is the simple to say ones that are the exact opposite when it comes to physical and mental requirements needed to achieve the words being said.

It basically comes down to if you kinda want it, or you REALLY WANT it get me?Some people don't care that much but want to be decent.Others kinda obsess about wanting to be able to make beats with melodies with a piano without having to slow down and pause alot.(unfortunately I'm in that category, obsessing about note handling 24/7)

There's not much else to be said man, you either kinda want it whatever or you just won't stop till you satisfied or tired.Or both, you get the picture :/I wish I could be able to do everything just by saying "I want this ability NAAAOOO" but it isn't like that for nobody.

Don't take it the wrong way major pump's been like that lmao blunt but honest advice, I'd listen.Sometimes the best advice is the simple to say ones that are the exact opposite when it comes to physical and mental requirements needed to achieve the words being said.

It basically comes down to if you kinda want it, or you REALLY WANT it get me?Some people don't care that much but want to be decent.Others kinda obsess about wanting to be able to make beats with melodies with a piano without having to slow down and pause alot.(unfortunately I'm in that category, obsessing about note handling 24/7)

There's not much else to be said man, you either kinda want it whatever or you just won't stop till you satisfied or tired.Or both, you get the picture :/I wish I could be able to do everything just by saying "I want this ability NAAAOOO" but it isn't like that for nobody.
Real talk^^^
Kudos!
I put in, minimum, 4 hours a day at my craft. In spite of tendonitis, for real. I put too much time into my craft to put up with niggas that wanna whine when the going gets tough, and expect everyone else to be their shoulder to cry on and tell 'em what they wanna hear. Niggas too quick to switch up when the going gets tough. Lemme tell you something, people respect tenacity and drive. You want people to work with you? You gotta show them you willing to stay the course and not turn tail like a bltch at the first sign of trouble.

Last edited:
If you want profit you might as well just make the gangster stuff you were talking about in your first post.If you only want it for the money...then you can't really be in a position to do what you want unless you do it in a way that guarantees a spot.Then again cee-lo managed to make it work without 808's :/

What needed to be said was already done, although slightly more vague than I intended.
It's gonna be insanely hard to learn the controls.And it'll be very addicting.

its not about money i make enough in a real job anyways nor is it about fame its just about being good and recognized for some success

its not about ego wither its just about doing something that you've done for years to good use and having people love what you do

One thing I learned early on with this music sh*t:

You've gotta want this much more than everyone else to see more results than everyone else.

Honestly, If you want whatever you want bad enough, you will find a way to get it. No matter how long or what it takes.

Back