Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per hitz suggestion Im making a list of recommended books.

Books concerning overall success in life:

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
-A MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST read book about pretty much how to use the most valuable asset you will ever have - your head.

Any other books by him are great as well.

Music Theory

"Theory of Harmony", "Counterpoint" and "Fundamentals of Composition" by Arnold Schoenberg - a contemporary composer, the first 2 books will give you a wealth of knowledge that can pretty soon teach how to compose entire symphonies.

"6 Steps to Songwriting Success" - Jason Blume, a good read with some real gems.

And add some other stuff dudes, I aint doin all the reading.
to learn music and beat making i think that hands on is better

Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science by Bob Katz

This is a great book to read & STUDY<<< Please study! Study your craft & perfect your sound!

You guys recommendations were great though!

Michael Hewitt's ''Music Theory for Computer Musicians'' is a very good one. He made an awesome job of vulgarizing the music theory and, whether you're a newb in producing or a seasoned beat-maker, you'll understand it.

Last edited:
What would you recommend for a begginer focusing on digital producing, daw terminology etc. Really newbie stuff.

Just got Napoleon Hills "Think and Grow Rich" I've only read the preface and half the first chapter and I already love it. Definitely recommend it. Also just ordered "Dance Music Manual: Tools, Toys, and Techniques" by Rick Snoman. Looks pretty good and I'm excited to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back