Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommended Books - Reply to Topic

After study a few of the blog posts in your website now, and I really like your means of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my web page as properly and let me know what you think.

So I went ahead and bought a couple of books recommended (Idiot's Guide to Music Theory, Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio) and I was just wondering if there are any good books for the ABSOLUTE beginner. I was reading the Mixing Secrets book and it was throwing terminology at me like I was already supposed to know them.

I also got an Ableton Live guide book but it explained more about the DAW than music production as a whole.

Napoleon Hill - Think & Grow Rich

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Aldous Huxley - The Perennial Philosophy

Wow!So many books and so little time!I just read American Psycho again,my third time now:-)

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Think and grow rich is also a great book!

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
Very good book i just started the ebook

check out rich dad poor dad, the power of focus, and dr. dre bio (if your in the music ind.)

"The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory" has an EAR training CD too

If you are into flipping Jazz Records and don't know where to begin, I would recommend "The History of Jazz" 2nd Edition by Ted Gioia...the index has every artist from A-Z and the tracks they made that you need to be listening to starting from the 1940's on...

I don't know if anyone has posted this one but 'The BeatTips Manual" By Amir Sa'id is a great book for anyone that's into hip hop or rap production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back