Real hip-hop has messages!!

I'm sorry man, but you sounding pretty ignorant to me. You're over here bashing a quality post. Seems like you took it as a personal offense, but what you said up there ^ dont make any sense at all. MCs/Rappers are educating the young through their music. It's what they listen to and learn from.

Impressionable young kids that we all once were. Some don't have any heroes or anybody to look up to. No guidance and no formal education. Not fortunate to have a father figure or whatever the case might be, they are getting educated through the music they listen to.

Like what Pac once said, if I remember correctly, that he did not have a father figure and the ones that taught him how to live were the thugs and the hustlas.

I think the message of this post is to not glorify, but educate so that the future generations don't gotta go through what the generations before them did.

It's education through music, it's history being narrated. What would be the point of hip hop or rap if there were no words and messages behind it. We might as well be listening to instrumentals. I'm not talking bout preaching against illuminati or that theres lead in our water, but real life shit that youngs could learn from.

The rap music I'm refering to ain't about no conscious hip hop, but real hip hop. Shit aint gotta be political or about some conspiracy theory. It ain't whining and talking bout how hard you had it, but talking bout how hard you had it in a way that send an emotion or I guess you can say message to the ears of young listeners letting them know to be grateful for what you got and don't front on who you're not.

"I hustled because I had to, not because it's cool" - Nipsey Hussle

Who listens to rap to learn? or an even better question. How many rappers have something to teach that's worth learning?

Man, that's weak as hell. It is foolish too. You go to school to learn.

of course you go to school to learn. thats common sense. thats why theres school, but theres thing syou can learn from music that you can't learn in school.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Who listens to rap to learn? or an even better question. How many rappers have something to teach that's worth learning?

it aint about listening to rap to learn, but more like listening to be more knowledgeable, if that makes any sense to yall. you don't listen to learn, it ain't no books on tape, cd, mp3, or whatever medium you use to listen on, but come to think of it, it kind of is. idk I digress, but of course you go to school to be book smart, get educated, and get that lil piece of paper thats proof you're smart and have an education, but theres alot you can learn from rap you can't learn in school. shit you can find out about current affairs, fashion, street smarts, what type of female to watch out for, what hood to watch yourself at, what type of people to watch yourself around, etc. whether or not you like it you're learning something anyways, even if it's just how the beat structure is, the sounds in there, how the rapper's rhyme scheme is, learning new words, or even just learning that you like to listen to this rapper or this producer, you're learning things that you may not learn in school. at the same time its giving you ideas which is how we progress right? im not saying all rappers/mcs got something to teach, but you certainly can find out how they're living where they're at and what they went through, learn from that. as human beings we learn through what we hear and see right? meaning we reflect what we learn and by rappers sharing what they see, hear, and go through with their music they're educating the listener whether they like it or not. im not saying all rappers or songs speak about knowledge, but thats the other side of things.

To put it another way, if we don't destroy our planet or every species on the planet, in say 300 years time, rap musics all encompassing dynamic will provide an invaluable archive of social commentary, that probably won't be found in education systems with agenda based bu--shit curriculum's that shuffle truth into convenient and safe boxes, anyone remember catcher in the rye, just a thought? who was protecting who? if no-one challenges how effective these age old systems are, how can we expect to evolve as a species, wielding the axe of censorship to create a chocolate coated universe, ain't progress. Here in the UK, someone of a far wiser persuasion than me? has decided what kind of rap videos are suitable to view in this region???????? they've kindly gone to a great deal of trouble to block UK access, we wouldn't want anything to pollute those young and impressionable minds, would we? If people aren't influenced by rap why are establishments so keen on censorship, just a thought?

Last edited:
the day a "concious" rapper comes out with an album as entertaining as the best ignorant **** (let's say doggystyle for example) is the day i'll start bumping positive rap.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

there was some good deep stuff in the 90s though, lots of wu-tang stuff, soul on ice, 93 to infinity, old outkast for example. but since "conscious rap" became a sub-genre it has been garbage IMO.

Last edited:
the day a "concious" rapper comes out with an album as entertaining as the best ignorant **** (let's say doggystyle for example) is the day i'll start bumping positive rap.
220px-Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg

220px-Late_registration_cd_cover.jpg

You must've missed these.

^ this is all subjective of course, but those compared to doggystyle? HELL no. i wouldn't even put those in my top 100.

those are some conscious raps that are dope. some might not consider them conscious, but they are sure awake lmao. but check em out if you havent heard any of them yet. you might just like it.

heres more:

Last edited:
Back