Real hip-hop has messages!!

the thing is, song about coke ******* and guns is fun and entertaining to me, music preaching to me about **** isn't. i'm against racial profiling, racism in general, am for class war and wealth redistribution, etc. but i'm also a ****ing villain. that's just me but enough people agree with me that that stuff is way more popular.

there won't be any progress with this Gen until niggaz actually free them selves from this ignant bondage and day N day out Matrix b

be the change u wish to see in the world

i'm crazy with the bars, and i got this shit figured out too, i will rise to the position of leader of rap music soon, just chillin' some more before hand

What? man I wouldve LOVED to learn from music, it has better lessons than monotoned teachers in school. so speak for yourself b.... but eh... people aren't just open minded with anything. that is exactly what's wrong with this gen.

there won't be any progress with this Gen until niggaz actually free them selves from this ignant bondage and day N day out Matrix b

We don't want progress, so go away. We don't want a savior or freedom. Go do your own thing.

We know you don't have anything going on in life, so just go away and leave everybody else alone.

I appreciate the intent! I think this sort of thing is just way beyond hiphop to be honest. Folks don't want to come to terms with why there lives are so miserable, they want to out source there responsibility to the government, wall street, corporations, and what have you, and they get the service that they sign up for.

People never really stop to question consumerism, and the resulting faults/by products. the underlying message is just them complaining that there not getting a bigger cut of the pie. You take a majority of these 'conscious' rappers, stack up there input/output to the monetary system, and find that there just worthless sacks of shit that would be just as abusive with power if it was given to them.

Meanwhile minorities living shitty lives in these 1st world countries are just playing out a twisted version of 'niggers'. Given a broader color palette, and a false sense of a courtier life style. Even that's starting to break apart as society reaches it's collapse.....or falling together in place..oh god..lol!

I wish the music was enough to turn heads but it really isn't....poetry (which rap is) itself is more of a philosophical or metaphysical outlet, and naturally that doesn't coincide with folks who aren't interested to begin with. Your better off organizing events, workshops, community activities, etc. to get your message across. It's more of a hands on thing, as rap is more of a subconscious ting.

Keep up! just some of my thoughts.

Last edited:
Bro, why are you hating on people because they don't have money? Everyone cannot be a part of the 1%. Why are you coming in here, flaunting your wealth, and putting us down? Forget you, dog. We do not need your bullshit.

Go hang out with the other rich 1 percenters and leave us alone.

He wasn't talking about the 1 percent rich people you genius. He was talking about the 1 percent that seeks knowledge....... please read more carefully next time.

Last edited:
be the change u wish to see in the world

I actually DID and to my surprise lot of the homies and local rappers im around are actually starting to eat alot better (healthier choices), family too, so I guess I'm kinda rubbing off on ppl.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

We don't want progress, so go away. We don't want a savior or freedom. Go do your own thing.

We know you don't have anything going on in life, so just go away and leave everybody else alone.

Who is "We"? Please speak for yourself, not everyone wants to be a muddy, depressing, hateful soul as you kid..........

This is for the ones who careeeeeeeeee...

Last edited:
then what's fake hip hop? I mean honestly one's perception of real and fake hip hop is entirely subjective and varies from individual to individual.

There are messages inherent within most music genre, writing lyrics and music offer a way of coping with all that sh-t we find hard to deal with or REALLY understand, some use humour/ irony others go hard/ get tuff, social injustice can bring out the worst in person, it can also bring out the best, without the dream and the struggle, a fake as manufactured world like this ?- catatonic, mindless sheep, give me the roller-coaster not the merry-go-round , a little anarchy helps keep perspective and focus, wake-up and wise-up, songs about man's inhumanity to man have been documented in songs since the days of troubadours and the bards. Songs like this help me deal with my own sh-t - if you think peace is a common goal?

LOL!

If real hip-hop is about complaining about life, give me the fake stuff. I don't want to hang around whiners, only winners. I am not suffering because I was smart enough to handle my business from a young age.

I saw and heard too many people playing victim. I made the choice to be a victor instead. That meant leaving behind friends and family that did not want better for themselves. There are no regrets.

Anyone over 20 who is still "caught up in the struggle" wants to struggle. Smarten up. Life isn't that hard once you get off of that bullshit.

If you guys really want to teach, become educated and start your own charter schools. Reach the young kids and teach them all of the values and morals and philosophies that you desire. But trying to rap to cats about hormones and carcinogens ain't gonna cut it.

I'm sorry man, but you sounding pretty ignorant to me. You're over here bashing a quality post. Seems like you took it as a personal offense, but what you said up there ^ dont make any sense at all. MCs/Rappers are educating the young through their music. It's what they listen to and learn from.

Impressionable young kids that we all once were. Some don't have any heroes or anybody to look up to. No guidance and no formal education. Not fortunate to have a father figure or whatever the case might be, they are getting educated through the music they listen to.

Like what Pac once said, if I remember correctly, that he did not have a father figure and the ones that taught him how to live were the thugs and the hustlas.

I think the message of this post is to not glorify, but educate so that the future generations don't gotta go through what the generations before them did.

It's education through music, it's history being narrated. What would be the point of hip hop or rap if there were no words and messages behind it. We might as well be listening to instrumentals. I'm not talking bout preaching against illuminati or that theres lead in our water, but real life shit that youngs could learn from.

The rap music I'm refering to ain't about no conscious hip hop, but real hip hop. Shit aint gotta be political or about some conspiracy theory. It ain't whining and talking bout how hard you had it, but talking bout how hard you had it in a way that send an emotion or I guess you can say message to the ears of young listeners letting them know to be grateful for what you got and don't front on who you're not.

"I hustled because I had to, not because it's cool" - Nipsey Hussle

If real hip-hop is about complaining about life, give me the fake stuff. I don't want to hang around whiners, only winners. I am not suffering because I was smart enough to handle my business from a young age.

I saw and heard too many people playing victim. I made the choice to be a victor instead. That meant leaving behind friends and family that did not want better for themselves. There are no regrets.

I'd laugh out loud, if it wasn't such a tragic case of delusional rags to riches, Mr Magnanimous, I climbed out the gutter all by myself - but now I'm an alright jack inspirational success? story!

Your right about one thing, nobody should deliberately play victim, slightly profound that to put an age limit on struggle, real depth of understanding and perhaps a yardstick/ indication as to how far you've really come in life. Desire inspires? did that come with a diploma? Wrap yourself in clover, you've earned it baby! how about this one - Inspire The Next - you can have that one for free, but I'm all out of diplomas!

Last edited:
It's education through music, it's history being narrated. What would be the point of hip hop or rap if there were no words and messages behind it. We might as well be listening to instrumentals. I'm not talking bout preaching against illuminati or that theres lead in our water, but real life shit that youngs could learn from.

Man, that's weak as hell. It is foolish too. You go to school to learn.

Back