Reach for it <------- New Beat!!!F4F (question about mixing!!)

Daveyvg22

D.V.G. Productions
Hey guys,
I recently bought my first studio monitors (yamaha HS7's) after 6 months of producing music.
I was told that if your music sounds good through the yamaha's, your mix is proper.
But, i'm fresh at mixing, I just do my thing untill I think it's okay.
But i want to know if my ears a lying or not.
So this is my question; How am i doing "mixingwise"?
what's good, what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah i agree with the choir being 2 loud...other than that i like the overall mix...maybe up the voulum on the bass abit also! Good track! Props

I agree about the choir. Only I'd take the choir out all together, its a little akward.
Drums are solid. props.
Revrbs are good, not too much, but effective.
I'd turn your background instruments up. Especially during the intro, you can barely hear them at that point.
It also feels like its lacking some bass. Real bass, not drum bass.
This could be a sick track with the right emcee on it for real..
As far as your mix? 8/10 :cheers:

You can return feedback over here- https://www.futureproducers.com/for...t-youre-used-ascent-f4f-come-get-work-466200/

This is some solid producing man, love the closed hat trap pattern. Everything sounds crisp and the 808 style kick is lush on my monitors, my only qualm is the choir sample. I'd either reduce its use and reverb it a lot more or drop it altogether.

Cheers for the crit by the by!

Cool beat. Turn down the choir down a little bit. And i dont like the loud crash you using.. But that can be my own taste :)

I'm not crazy about the choir but regardless the beat SLAMS, your drums knock.

Yeah I think the beat sounds good mix wise. Though the choir to me seems our of place and doesn't really go with the chill vibe of the track.
I think you could do something better then those choir stabs. Takes away from the drum programming. Possibly switch up the 808 as well so your not just using a high pitched 808 all the time.
More low end would do this beat a lot of justice, not to mention a lot more grime.
Sorry for the late feed.

KFX

The beat is pretty dope! I agree with everyone else as far as the choir. I'd probably take the choir out all together it's a little distracting.

nice track .... my advice in mixing .... is to turn down all the sound faders of the inserts ... the turn em up one after one ... starting from the essential instruments .... then the loudest sounds will be th drums that's how i mix ..... check my soundcloud ... /z-ck-c-mpton

I agree, some reverb and a lower the volume a little bit would make it much better. Other then that, it's a good beat and good mix overall. Good shit also only 6 months? You got a talent for it bro!

Last edited:
Back